ROH DVD Discussion/Ratings/Rankings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Nice order. I can't wait to see GBH 8 . I wasn't too impressed with DBD Night 1, but its not bad. I hear night 2 was better. I really liked End of an Age.

The TV show has had some great main events this year as well. I'd say there average main event is about 4 stars, or close to it.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
dammit. it said last week GBH was going to start shipping this week, but now they've moved it to the 15th. I guess I'll have more Christmas presents for myself.

Qwake

Okay so I just found a guy who lives near me and he is selling his ROH and FIP DVDs, theyre in good condition and haven't be owned all that long but he is finished with them and I am looking to buy some from him. Here is the list of shows and some of the matches from them:

FIP

Emergence - 16 man tournament to crown first champion. First round matches feature: CM Punk vs. Vordell Walker, Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong, Justin Credible vs. Ralph Mosca, Homicide vs. AJ Styles
Fallout part 1 - Homicide vs BJ Whitmer, CM Punk vs. Dan Maff, BJ Whitmer vs. Antonio Banks(MVP)
Fallout part 2 - Homicide vs CM Punk Falls count anywhere in Florida, DVD Bonus - Hardcore Match The Sandman with Missy Hyatt vs. New Jack
Florida Rumble - CM Punk vs James Gibson (Jamie Noble), Homicide vs. Spanky (Brian Kendrick)
New Year’s Classic - Homicide vs James Gibson, CM Punk vs Antonio Banks (MVP), Samoa Joe vs Roderick Strong
Unfinished Business - Homicide & James Gibson vs CM Punk & Azrieal, Samoa Joe vs Roderick Strong
New Dawn Rising - Austin Aries & Homicide vs Bryan Danielson & Rocky Romero, CM Punk vs. Puma
Dangerous Intentions - Homicide vs Rocky Romero, CM Punk vs Bryan Danielson

ROH

The Era of Honor Begins - Bryan Danielson vs Low Ki vs Christopher Daniels, Super Crazy vs Eddie Guerrero
Night of Appreciation - Eddie Guerrero & Amazing Red vs The SAT, AJ Styles vs Low Ki, Texas Wrestling Academy Gauntlet match featuring Paul London, Brian Kendrick and Bryan Danielson
Unscripted - Michael Shane vs Paul London in Street Fight, CM Punk's ROH debut promo
Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies - Low Ki vs Dan Maff, Homicide vs Steve Corino, Joe vs Punk non-title
World Title Classic - Joe vs Punk part 1
Glory by Honor III - Mick Foley debut, CM Punk vs Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson vs Alex Shelley, Nigel McGuinness vs John Walters, Samoa Joe vs Doug Williams
All Star Extravaganza II - Joe vs Punk part 3, "The great managerial debate" between Jim Cornette and Bobby Heenan, Austin Aries vs Low Ki, Homicide vs Bryan Danielson
It All Begins - Austin Aries vs Colt Cabana, Confrontation between Samoa Joe and Mick Foley, Homicide vs Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe vs Nigel McGuinness, Havana Pitbulls vs CM Punk & Steve Corino vs Carnage Crew, Alex Sheley vs Brian Kendrick
Punk: The Final Chapter - CM Punk vs Colt Cabana, Matt Hardy vs Roderick Strong

There are the range of DVDs I can choose from, I've sort of made up my mind on what I want to buy but I thought I'd post and see what you guys would choose from the lot or what you have got out of them and what would be suited to get. So far I have in mind from FIP Florida Rumble and New Years Classic and from ROH, Punk the Final Chapter and Glory By Honor 3, although I am not fully sure. I am pretty sure I want "Punk-The Final Chapter", its the most recent ROH DVD he has which was from 2005 which was a good year but also I was thinkin' of getting one of the oldish ROH ones.

I'm not too big of a fan of FIP, haven't really watched much of that but I'm giving it a try, especially since theyre cheaper then the ROH DVDs but have alot of the same guys :D Anyway, I'm almost certain I'm getting Punk - The Final Chapter but I'm still really unsure of Glory By Honor 3, I don't know whether to get that or Night of Appreciation or Allstar Extravaganza 2.

So what would you guys recomend getting out of the listed shows or what are your thoughts on the shows I have said I may be getting? Thanks.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
if you want detailed ranks, go here...
http://www.ultimatepokerbankroll.com/uncategorized/roh-buyers-guide

the best out of the FIP shows is Dangerous Intentions.

Out of the ROH stuff, the top 3 would be
-Punk The Final Chapter - not only the punk match, but the whole show in general was good. Matt Hardy was there, and the Rottweilers had a really good match.
-All Star Extravaganza II was really good. My favorite Joe/Punk match was that one. Aries/Ki was pretty good, and so was Danieslson/Homicide. It's 2 discs, which is good too.
-I like Glory By Honor III more than World Title Classic. Some of the matches on WTC weren't great.

and I got my ROH DVD's yesterday. going to try and watch GBH VIII tonight.

Montana

You can find FIP stuff on Ebay really cheap. It's a decent product, but ROH clearly is a better company.

From what i've seen all those ROH shows are solid, with none of them sticking out. I think you made good picks with GBH and the final chapter.

Qwake

Thanks for the replies, I got the DVDs a couple days ago and I am yet to watch them but I will have reviews up of the ROH shows once I've watched them. The only reason I don't buy more ROH DVDs is because the shipping prices are really bad for where I am, that's why I jumped at the chance to buy these DVDs because they were close to where I am lol.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I watched most of GBH VIII already, except for the Briscoes match and the Danielson/Nigel match. maybe the best show of 2009, great show from top to bottom. the Ladder War was really good, even with Edwards' broken arm. the biggest surprise was how good Aries/Williams was. I didn't know Petey was more than just the Canadian Destroyer guy, I want to see more of him.

Montana

I agree GBH is the DVD of the year. I was really surprised by Aries/WIlliams as well, with a SICK finish. The live reviews weren't that good for that match. Really enjoyed the Hero/Kingston match, those guys put on a show every time. Even the opening matches were real good for what they were. Cluadio/Omega was sweet, DCFC vs. Up in Smoke, 4 corner survival i enjoyed them all.

Petey WIlliams can wrestle, but i'm not sure he's what ROH needs in 2010. But maybe he just needs to be on the shows on a regular basis. He was mad over in Detroit at Violent tendancies.

Qwake

Yeah I was wondering why ROH didn't bring Petey in more regularly, maybe he asks for too much money or something and they don't think he's worth it, I don't know but he did really well in ROH for the limited appearences he made. People say Williams is just a one move wonder, they think he can do the Canadian Destroyer and then there's nothing else to him but I think he's well rounded in the ring. Would be good to see him more often in ROH, there's still plenty of guys he's yet to face.

The GBH card was stacked, if I'm to get anymore DVDs I'd definitely go for that, it looks insane.