ROH DVD Discussion/Ratings/Rankings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I thought we were lacking a thread like this. Something for random comments after viewing a show, doing show ratings, and i'm even going to rank all the shows i've seen.

=======================================================
Unscripted III

I just saw Unscripted III in Chicago from Dec 1st 2007, and i was surprised again with ROH's performance. Looking at the subpar card, and with a few big names not on the card, i thought this show would be skippable. I gotta say this is one of the more under rated shows I've show. From the jump, this show kept a solid pace start to finish. Featured 3 good matches and one great match in Jacobs vs Danielson. Also, one little thing that put this show over the top was the 6 man mayhem match with 6 new faces to ROH. This guys did a hell of a job in the short time they were in there. The ehh matches were real short. The good matches were given time, and a very well booked show.

1. Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black ***1/2

2. Lacey vs. Sara Del Rey

3. Dingo vs. Silas Young vs. Trik Davis vs. Seth Skyfire vs. Danny Daniels vs. Dan Lawrence (Six Man Mayhem) **3/4

4. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli ***3/4

5. Adam Pearce & Shane Hagadorn vs. Alex Payne & Ernie Osiris *

6. Brent Albright vs. Jigsaw **

7. BJ Whitmer vs. Delirious (NO DQ Match) **3/4

8. Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Jacobs ****1/4

9. The Briscoe Brothers & Erick Stevens vs. Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero, & Davey Richards ***1/4

=========================================================

Montana's ROH Show Rankings​

1) Better than our best

2) Man Up

3) Supercard of Honor III

4)Manhattan Mayhem

5) Unified

6)Final Battle 2005

7) Rising Above 2009

8) Supercard of Honor II

9) Final Battle 2009

10) Good Times, Great Memories

11) Glory by Honor 5 n 2

12) Final Battle 2006

13) Manhattan Mayhem II

14) 6th Anniversary

15) Death Before Dishonor V Night Two

16) Glory by Honor 6 N2

17) Death Before Dishonor 4

18)Joe vs Kobashi

19)Driven

20)Death Before Dishonor 6

Supercard of Honor I

Fifth Year Festival Finale

Northern Navigation

Glory by Honor 7

All Star Extravagaza IV

Respect is Earned II

Take No Prisoner

Final Battle 03

Fifth Year Festival NYC

Vendetta

It all Begins

Main Event Spectacles

A New Level

Final Battle 07

Tag Wars 08

Rising Above 2007

Final Battle 04

Vendetta II

Age Of Insanity

Return Engagment

Take No prisoners

New Horizons

Toyko Summit

Bound by Hate

Driven 2008

Dragon Gate Challenge I

Respect is Earned II

Caged Rage

Fight at the Roxbury

FYF Liverpool

Undeniable

Respect is Earned

Injustice

Fight of the Centuy

Proving Ground 07

ROH in Japan

Glory By Honor 6 N1

Up for Grabs

Bedlam in Beantown

Eye of the Storm

Unscripted III

Glory by Honor 2

Southern Navigation

Generation now

Best in the World

Proving Ground 2009 Night 1

Fueling the Fire

Injustice II

Proving Ground 2009 Night 2

How we Roll

Destiny

Motor City Madness 2007

Ring of Homicide II

Night of the Butcher II

Return of the 187

French Connection

Showdown in Motown

Dedicated

Reborn Stage One

Fighting SPirit

Hell freezes over

Full Circle

Reckless Abandon

Survival of the fittest 2006

Escalation

MotorCity Madness 2009

Wrestling at the Gateway

Domiation

Survival of the Fittest 2007

Reborn again

United we Stand

Era of Honor Begins

Double Feature​

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Good Idea Montana, I'll be posting reviews here. I usually watch 1 show a week, but because of the damn rain and me not going out, I got around to watching SCOH III, 6YAS, and Round Robin Challenge in the past 2 weeks. I have these DVD's... (Got the list from ROH Boards)

1. The Era Of Honor Begins - 2/23/02
2. The Round Robin Challenge - 3/30/02
4. Road To The Title - 6/22/02
5. Crowning A Champion - 7/27/02
7. Unscripted – 9/21/02
8. Glory By Honor - 10/5/02
9. All Star Extravaganza – 11/9/02
10. Scramble Madness - 11/16/02
11. Night of the Butcher – 12/7/02
12. Final Battle 2002 – 12/28/02

14. One Year Anniversary Show – 2/8/03
15. Expect the Unexpected – 3/15/03
16. Night of Champions – 3/22/03
18. Retribution: Round Robin Challenge II – 4/26/03
Frontiers Of Honor - 5/17/03
20. Night of the Grudges – 6/14/03
21. Wrestlerave 03 – 6/28/03
22. Death Before Dishonor – 7/19/03
24. Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies – 8/16/03
26. Glory by Honor II – 9/20/03
29. Main Event Spectacles – 11/1/03
31. War of the Wire – 11/29/03

Do or Die II - 3/13/04
36. At Our Best – 3/13/04
37. Reborn Stage One – 4/23/04
38. Reborn Stage Two – 4/24/04
Do or Die III - 7/17/04
44. Death Before Dishonor II Pt1 – 7/23/04
46. Testing The Limit – 8/7/04
47. Scramble Cage Melee – 8/28/04
49. The Midnight Express Reunion - 10/2/04
51. Joe vs. Punk II – 10/16/04
53. Weekend Of Thunder Night 2 - 11/6/04
54. All-Star Extravaganza II - 12/4/04
55. Final Battle 2004 – 12/26/04

Do or Die IV - 2/19/05
58. Third Anniversary Celebration – 2/25/05
64. Manhattan Mayhem - 5/7/05
69. Death Before Dishonor III – 6/18/05
80. Joe vs. Kobashi - 10/1/05
81. Unforgettable – 10/02/05

98. Supercard Of Honor - 3/31/06
102. Weekend of Champions Night 2 - 4/29/06

115. Anarchy in the UK – 8/13/06
118. Glory by Honor V Night 1 – 9/15/06
119. Glory by Honor V Night 2 – 9/16/06
124. Honor Reclaims Boston - 11/3/06
125. The Bitter End - 11/4/06

134. Fifth Year Festival: NYC – 2/16/07
135. Fifth Year Festival: Philly – 2/17/07
136. Fifth Year Festival: Dayton – 2/23/07
137. Fifth Year Festival: Chicago – 2/24/07
138. Fifth Year Festival: Liverpool – 3/3/07
139. Fifth Year Festival: Finale – 3/4/07
140. All Star Extravaganza III – 3/30/07
141. Super Card of Honor II – 3/31/07
142. This Means War II – 4/13/07
143. Fighting Spirit – 4/14/07
145. Good Times, Great Memories – 4/28/07
146. Reborn Again - 5/11/07
147. Respect Is Earned – 5/12/07
148. A Fight at the Roxbury - 6/8/07
149. Domination – 6/9/07
150. United We Stand – 6/22/07
151. Driven – 6/23/07
152. Live in Tokyo – Tokyo, Japan 7/16/07
153. Live in Osaka – Osaka, Japan 7/17/07
154. Race to the Top Tournament Night 1 – 7/27/07
155. Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 – 7/28/07
156. Death Before Dishonor V Night 1 - 8/10/07
157. Death Before Dishonor V Night 2 - 8/11/07
159. Manhattan Mayhem II – 8/25/07
160. Motor City Madness 2007 9/14/07
161. Man Up – 9/15/07
164. Survival of the Fittest – 10/19/07
165. Chaos At The Cow Palace – 10/21/07
167. Glory By Honor VI – 11/3/07
170. Rising Above - 12/29/07
171. Final Battle 2007 - 12/30/07

176. Eye of the Storm - 2/22/08
177. Sixth Anniversary Show 2/23/08
181. Dragon Gate Challenge II - 3/28/08
182. Supercard of Honor III - 3/29/08
188. ROH In New York, NY - 5/10/08 Hammerstein Ballroom

Qwake

Well I am yet to purchase any ROH DVD's :( but I was wonder if there was any other way possible to buy them other than from the official website. I cannot buy them in my country, or else I have not seen any.....I will be posting in here once I get some :)

Montana

Ebay would be the best i know of. Sometimes they have a good deal on a lot, but it can be a little pricey.

Montana

"BloodStained Honor"

This is from the first series of DVD's released to the mainstream availible at select FYE, and Best Buys. I eventually found a copy at FYE for like 10$ and i gotta say, ROH continues to impress. Surprisingly enough, i only seen one of these matches before. I loved the match selection for three reasons. One, they are great matches, secondly, most of these matches weren't selected from major shows and lastly it features big name roh talent, and current talent. For example, Homicide vs Colt selected the ghetto street fight, rather than their match in chicago at Better than our Best. Same thing with ROH/CZW, and Briscoes/Steenerico. So in that respect, they leave more to the new fans. I also liked how the announcers mentioned ROH is not a hardcore organization, but sometimes things get serious. I don't want to hear ANYONE complaining about ECW being dead, because ROH takes the extreme style to another level with this dvd.

Cage Match

Samoa Joe vs Jay Briscoe.

Good opener, funny to say that with a compilation show, but this really slowly introduces them to the ROH Style. Hard Hitting and Close pinfalls. Something you don't get as much with wwe/tna. Great match, however on this show, it may be one of the worst matches. Go figure.

***3/4

Chicago Street Fight

Second City Saints ( CM Punk/Ace Steel) vs The Prophecy (BJ Whitmer/Dan Maff)

Wow, .....wow. Probably one of the greatest tag matches I've ever seen.

***** (yes that's five)

Dog Collar Match

CM Punk vs Jimmy Rave

Good solid brawl here.

***3/4

Steel Cage Warfare

Generation Next (Aries, Strong, Sydal, Evans) vs Embassy (Shelly, Rave, Abyss, Nana)

Jack Evans pulls off stunts, mick foley HIAC worthy here. Fun match here too, War games rules, kinda but it was elimination.

****1/2

Ghetto Street Fight

Homicide vs Colt Cabana

Probably the greatest fued in ROH history. Classic Stuff here.

****1/4

ROH vs CZW

Team ROH ( Joe, Pearce, Whitmer) vs CZW (Hero, Necro, Super Dragon)

Wild, wild brawl. The place was a near riot. Another Classic match, that perfectly sets up Cage of Death.

****1/2

Windy City Death Match

Colt Cabana vs Jimmy Jacobs.

Bloody match here with some big spots.

****1/4

Boston Street Fight

Briscoes vs Steenerico

Not sure how i slept on this match. This is a must see.

****1/2

Well, i got about 6 of the 8 matches four stars or better. The only thing the i thought they could add, would be a highlight package, to set up how these fueds started, rather than having the announcers talk about it. If you like hardcore, this is the perfect dvd. 10/10

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I've decided to actually watch my ROH DVD's, so I'm starting from the beginning. I started like a month ago, I'm not even out of 2002 yet, I'm up to Unscripted. I usually watch maybe a show a week if I'm lucky with time.

The Era of Honor Begins

This show was a nice way to debut ROH. There was so much variety in the show, and it really got over the Code of Honor and the "realness." All the matches were average to awesome, and the varying styles is something I miss in ROH. The opening segment with the CSC was really funny, I'm going to say I'm a fan of theirs just because of the comedic factor. It's really ridiculous to how they had The Briscoes on the show, Mark was still high school age and not allowed to wrestle. Most guys are probably still wrestling in nameless indies at 18-19, it shows how much hope ROH had for them. The Eddie Guerrero vs Super Crazy match was pretty good too, Eddie looked good as always, even if it was just after his addiction stuff. That match might be a Main Event in any other promotion, but I guess ROH chose to showcase what they can do for the MW. The Main Event was a classic, there were so many great spots it's ridiculous. I still think it's pretty crazy how Bryan Danielson Main Evented the first show, and is still doing the same 6 Years Later. He hasn't been in TNA or WWE, or even WSX, it shows his loyalty, or how he could only be successful in a fed like ROH. Low Ki was a beast in 2002, that probably was his best career year.

This isn't a must buy, but it's a nice show from a historical standpoint and to see how much ROH has changed since then.

EDIT - I Just got Revenge on the Prophecy today.

Soulpower

Time for me to add to this thread... I finally got around to watching Supercard of Honor III. Let's just say that the show did NOT dissapoint.

2cicx9h.jpg

*SPOILERS!!!!*

Go Shiozaki vs Delirious-**1/2

Perfect choice for an opener. Not to serious of a match, but not too much of a comedy match. The first couple of minutes with Delirious avoiding the chops were hilarious, but at the same time they put over just how lethal Go's chops are. Go wins with the Go Flasher. Good match which got the crowd into it... Just what the opener is supposed to do.

The YRR (Young, Rich and Ready) vs Bushwhacker Luke, Dingo and Alex Payne-**1/2

WOW! I was not expecting this at all. I expected an underwhelming match, to say the least and it easily exceeded my expectations. The YRR controlled most of the match (Which granted, was only 8 minutes long) and Kenny King continues to impress me. Good, harmless fun.

Erick Stevens vs Roderick Strong- ****

Hooooly FUCK! Was this brutal or what? Just a couple of minutes into the match... AND STRONG IS ALREADY BLEEDING FROM THE CHEST! A lot of stiff chops, kicks and forearms in this match. At one point Stevens hits a TKO on Strong on top of some chairs busting Roderick open. My only complaint with the match was the non-finish (Though I don't think it was actually a match). To be fair, the post-match shenanigans did help further the feud between Stevens and Strong... Great stuff by both men.

The Briscoes vs The AOTF- ***

Let me get this out of the way. I love the Briscoes, but they're acting is starting to get a bit old. It was your typical Briscoes brawl. Lots of chairs and tables, even the use of a TRAMPOLINE! Of course, Mark Briscoe did the obligatory Holy Shit dive during the match. I will say this, I LOVED the finish! They played up the finish used in the Briscoes vs Marufuji/Sugiura match from earlier in the year by having Jacobs counter the Springboard Doomsday Device into the End Time.

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs BxB Hulk and Shingo- ****

This was another great match. Steen played the ass-hole role to a T and I loved it. Hulk bumped his ass of for everyone, and Shingo was great as the power guy of the duo. I also liked how Generico seemed to have more of an edge during this match than he has previously. These four men pretty much stole the weekend with this great match, and their great matches the night before. Shingo and BxB Hulk got the win, and they went undefeated during the weekend.

Nigel McGuiness vs Austin Aries- ****1/4

The crowd was hot early but they lost steam as the match went on. Too much stuff happened in this match for me to type. Not quite as good as their encounter from Rising Above, but still damn good. Again, the finishing sequence with Nigel rolling through the Crucifix Bomb and hitting the Jawbreaker Lariat was for me the highlight of what was another great match.

Dragon Gate Six-Man- ****1/2

The best of these matches since the first one back at the first SCOH. Once again, I won't even try to recap what happened here. Be warned, this was a spotfest, this was basically an exhibition match... But it was a damn fine sprint. Everyone was on their game and hit their spots cleanly and it was a great way to finish what I consider one of ROH's better efforts in their six year-history.

Overall thoughts: Once again, this is a must-buy a great show from top to bottom and it managed to surpass Dragon Gate Challenge II from the night before. We had a lot of angle advancement (The AoTF-Aries feud, the Strong-Stevens feud, the SnS takeover) and of course, a LOT of great wrestling. If you're still reading this, then something's wrong with you! Hurry up and pick this DVD up!

Overall Score: 9.5/10

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
SCOH III was a top 5 ROH show, it was f'n amazing, from top to bottom. It's worth the $20, and it's a bargain.

I'll be editing in my Round Robin Challenge and Road to The Title Reviews later.

Qwake

Time for me to add to this thread... I finally got around to watching Supercard of Honor III. Let's just say that the show did NOT dissapoint.

2cicx9h.jpg

*SPOILERS!!!!*

Go Shiozaki vs Delirious-**1/2

Perfect choice for an opener. Not to serious of a match, but not too much of a comedy match. The first couple of minutes with Delirious avoiding the chops were hilarious, but at the same time they put over just how lethal Go's chops are. Go wins with the Go Flasher. Good match which got the crowd into it... Just what the opener is supposed to do.

The YRR (Young, Rich and Ready) vs Bushwhacker Luke, Dingo and Alex Payne-**1/2

WOW! I was not expecting this at all. I expected an underwhelming match, to say the least and it easily exceeded my expectations. The YRR controlled most of the match (Which granted, was only 8 minutes long) and Kenny King continues to impress me. Good, harmless fun.

Erick Stevens vs Roderick Strong- ****

Hooooly FUCK! Was this brutal or what? Just a couple of minutes into the match... AND STRONG IS ALREADY BLEEDING FROM THE CHEST! A lot of stiff chops, kicks and forearms in this match. At one point Stevens hits a TKO on Strong on top of some chairs busting Roderick open. My only complaint with the match was the non-finish (Though I don't think it was actually a match). To be fair, the post-match shenanigans did help further the feud between Stevens and Strong... Great stuff by both men.

The Briscoes vs The AOTF- ***

Let me get this out of the way. I love the Briscoes, but they're acting is starting to get a bit old. It was your typical Briscoes brawl. Lots of chairs and tables, even the use of a TRAMPOLINE! Of course, Mark Briscoe did the obligatory Holy Shit dive during the match. I wil say I LOVED the finish they played up the finish used in the Briscoes vs Marufuji/Sugiura match from earlier in the year by having Jacobs counter the Springboard Doomsday Device into the End Time.

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs BxB Hulk and Shingo- ****

This was another great match. Steen played the ass-hole role to a T and I loved it. Hulk bumped his ass of for everyone, and Shingo was great as the power guy of the duo. I also liked how Generico seemed to have more of an edge during this match than he has previously. These four men pretty much stole the weekend with this great match, and their great matches the night before. Shingo and BxB Hulk got the win, and they went undefeated during the weekend.

Nigel McGuiness vs Austin Aries- ****1/4

The crowd was hot early but they lost steam as the match went on. Too much stuff happened in this match for me to type. Not quite as good as their encounter from Rising Above, but still damn good. Again, the finishing sequence with Nigel rolling through the Crucifix Bomb and hitting the Jawbreaker Lariat was for me the highlight of what was another great match.

Dragon Gate Six-Man- ****1/2

The best of these matches since the first one back at the first SCOH. Once again, I won't even try to recap what happened here. Be warned, this was a spotfest, this was basically an exhibition match... But it was a damn fine sprint. Everyone was on their game and hit their spots cleanly and it was a great way to finish what I consider one of ROH's better efforts in their six year-history.

Overall thoughts: Once again, this is a must-buy a great show from top to bottom and it managed to surpass Dragon Gate Challenge II from the night before. We had a lot of angle advancement (The AoTF-Aries feud, the Strong-Stevens feud, the SnS takeover) and of course, a LOT of great wrestling. If you're still reading this, then something's wrong with you! Hurry up and pick this DVD up!

Overall Score: 9.5/10

Damn that looks like a great PPV! I will buy that ASAP :p

btw, just so you all know, on the ROH site their is a $5 blow out sale with alot of matches and DVD's and stuff if you wanted to check it out...

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Damn that looks like a great PPV! I will buy that ASAP :p

btw, just so you all know, on the ROH site their is a $5 blow out sale with alot of matches and DVD's and stuff if you wanted to check it out...

If you need any suggestions, I'd be glad to help from that $5 List.

Qwake

^ Okay, what year group would be the best to choose from? and what would your favourite PPV be out of them?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
^ Okay, what year group would be the best to choose from? and what would your favourite PPV be out of them?

If you want to get a feel of the current roster, 2007 and this year's shows are good. These are some I liked from the past year...

Supercard of Honor III
http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=&id=2638
Man Up
http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=&id=2511
Good Times Great Memories
http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=&id=2318
Manhattan Mayhem II
http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=161&id=2474
5th Year Festival - Finale
http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=161&id=2251
Dragon Gate Challenge II
http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=161&id=2637

A compilation DVD is good also, most are $5 so it'll save you some cash. The older shows are good, with guys like Paul London, CM Punk, Jamie Noble, Samoa Joe, Homicide, but you won't be up to date with the rosters though.

Montana

Supercard of Honor III is a great great show, however I'd say its more of a top 10 show for myself. Probably in the 3-7 range. Lots of things I liked about this show, a few things i didnt like as well. The opener was great, and one of the better openers I've seen in a while. THese two did a great job. I did not like the YRR vs Dinge/sugar/luke. Too long, nothing special. Strong/Stevens was good, but a horrible ending. Briscoes/AOTF was awesome. That match kinda surprised me after seeing SP rate it ***. Different taste i guess. Steenerico vs Shingo/hulk was real good. Aries vs Nigel was good, but not great like their first. DG 6 man awesome as always.
I didnt really like any of the promos in the show. I think the great promos put ROH shows over the top. I felt this show lacked that. I also wasn't big on the part right before Strong/Stevens. Rocky/Davey are in the ring after a match, but the match wasnt on the dvd. Then Strong looks like a face against sweeney, but then heel in a match vs stevens. Maybe i nit pick a bit. None the less, some of the greatest matches this year are on this show. Def 9/10

Delirous vs Go ***1/2
YRR vs Luke/Dingo/Sugar *1/2
Strong/Stevens ***3/4
AOTF vs Briscoes ***3/4
Steenerico vs hulk/Shingo ****1/4
Nigel vs Aries ****
6 man ****1/2

Take No Prisoners

4 Corner ***
Steen vs Strong ***
Aotf vs Briscoes ***3/4+
Stevens vs Albright **1/2
Tag Match ***1/2
Danielson vs Aries ****1/4
Nigel vs ______ ****1/2 (current match of the year imo)

MC Rae

Reaction score
www.a-merchandise.co.uk is where I purchase most of my wrestling DVD's, it has an extensive ROH collection which is VERY useful! I have a couple of ROH DVD's ordered to add to my collection, I'll give them a review on here once I get them.

Soulpower

I was planning on doing a full-review for Take No Prisoners, but for now.. this will do.

SPOILER WARNING!!!! There's spoilers in the post. You've been warned :shifty:

2qn1jdt.jpg

Tyler Black vs Go Shiozaki vs Delirious vs Claudio Castagnoli (***1/4)

The winner of this match would go on to face Nigel in the main event later in the night. Nigel was on commentary during the match. Once again, the right choice for the opener. It had a bit of comedy between Delirious and CC, but it didn't take long for this match to go into high gear. Go looked tremendous just chopping everyone down, Claudio and Delirious added some stability to the match, but this was clearly the Tyler Black show. For a young guy, he looked like he belong in the ring with the other competitors. Black gets the win after hitting The Phoenix Splash on Delirious.

We get a nifty video package with highlights from the Rising Above PPV. We also get the announcement that Takeshi Morishima was suspended after attacking the Bryce Remsburg (Da Ref!) at a previous show. Nice way to let the fans know what happened with Takeshi without having to break kayfabe.

Backstage, Tyler Black pumps himself up... in a kitchen. No idea why that was. Time for out next match

Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong (***1/4)

About what was expected from these two. A lot of Chops and Stiff Forearms, and Steen being an ass. His mocking of the "Rooooooderick" chant was just awesome. Both men hit their signature spots, and the fans were into everything they did. Steen gets the win after hitting the Package Piledriver.

So far, this PPV is 2 for 2 in terms of quality wrestling.

Jimmy Jacobs continues to spew out messages about the AoTF. Zach Gowen says something too, but you don't care about him. Random note... Allison Danger might be the 2nd worst name in wrestling. Right behind Rellik (Which is killer spelled backwards).

No intros and we have ourselves a wild-brawl!

The Briscoes W/Daizee Haze vs Joey Matthews and Necro Butcher W/Lacey (***)

Mark got busted open early and badly after a shovel shot by Necro. This is everything's that good and everything that is bad about the Briscoes. The good, lots of high-risk and insane spots. The bad, lack of selling. After a couple of minutes the ladies just disappeared which I thought was odd. The highlights included Mark doing the Springboard Chair shot, and Necro counter the SDD by just punching out Mark in mid-air and Mark Briscoe doing the Snuka Splash through a table. They wanted an epic brawl, and though we didn't get that, we got our third straight good match on the show. The Briscoes win after Jay hits the Jay Driller on Joey Matthews.

Tyler Black is outside. He's out of the kitchen.. I GUESS HE COULDN'T HANDLE THE HEAT, M I RITE PPLS? We get a close-up of Mark Briscoe's gash and Jay says that this is what Take No Prisoners is all about.

The Larry Sweeney Show

Sweeney declares a hostile takeover by stating that he will buy out the contracts of the ROH wrestlers and sell them to Vince. The first ones to be "bought out" are the Hangmen Three. Pearce sucks up to Sweeney, and Albright is NOT IMPRESSED! Erick Stevens comes out looking for Daniel Puder, since he's not there, he gets Brent Albright instead.

Erick Stevens vs Brent Albright (**)

WOW! This was.... what it was. It wasn't that good, not that bad either. A typical big man match with both men trying to knock each other down in various points of the match. Sweeney interfered which allowed Albright to hit the Half-Nelson Suplex for the win. Really, a nothing match that was there more to advance the Sweeney angle than anything else.

Now we know, not every match will be incredibly good.

We are taken to Orlando, Florida for the tag-team title match.

Jigsaw and Ruckus vs Davey Richards and Rocky Romero (***)

Now this is more like it! Its not quite Dragon Gate, but it was still a damn fine sprint. Jigsaw without his mask looks very... jewy. Both he and Ruckus hit most of their spots cleanly, even if their strikes looked like shit. Romero and Richards were their usual stiff-kick happy selves. Davey and Rocky get the win after a Spiked DR Driver on Jigsaw and.

We're back on track after another fun match.

Nigel and Tyler continue to prepare for their match. Also, BJ Whitmer got hit a Spiked Piledriver in Orlando after not being a fan of the deal made with Sweeney.

Bryan Danielson vs Austin Aries (****1/4)

Crowd was evenly split between both men. Once again, Aries and Danielson find themselves unable to have a bad match. They tried a lot in this match, and it worked. From the beginning with the mat wrestling, and the counters, to the MMA strikes and submission and even some high-flying involved. For my money, it was the best match Danielson and Aries have ever had against one another. Danielson gets the win with the Arm Crank after a lot of MMA elbows.

This match made me proud to be a wrestling fan. The ME could have been crap, and I would have been ok with it. That's how good the match was.

More talk from Jacobs. He puts over Tyler and says that he will win the ROH title tonight.

Tyler Black vs Nigel McGuiness (ROH World Title) (****1/2)

Yes! This match surpassed Aries vs Danielson, all while offering us something totally different. Though it was heel vs heel, the fans were clearly behind Tyler (A testament to how good of a heel Nigel is). Tyler came out looking like a star by doing more than hold his own against Nigel. Black escaped everything and anything that McGuiness served up on offense. Much like the previous match, this is one that cannot be done justice by any words. Nigel gets the win and retains after making Black tap out to the London Dungeon, but the fact remains... A star was born in this match.

Overall Thoughts:For my money, this was the best of ROH's PPV offerings (Surpassing Man Up). The only bump in the show was the Albright/Stevens match but everything else either got 3 stars, or surpassed the 3 stars. We were treated to two bona-fide MOTY candidates back to back, and some angles were advanced aswell. This isn't even close, easy thumbs up for this show which is far and away the best wrestling PPV so far in 2008.

Final Score: 9.3/10