Robin Williams

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Who makes the clown laugh when he is down?

When he’s depressed, who is there around?

He spends all his time cheering up others

Mothers, Fathers, Sisters and Brothers

He puts on a front, he puts on a show

But deep down inside, his own being is low

He’s depended by people to brighten their lives

Yet his own existence is full of trouble and strife

He’s called upon by others when they have worries

He humours them with jokes, actions and stories

But when he’s alone, he starts to feel sad

Isolation and loneliness makes him go mad

His audience has gone, no one for a banter

The repertoire of jokes he tells at a canter

They’re no longer needed, there’s no one to tell

He cries for attention, he’s going through hell

When needing a lift, favours are not returned

He calls for help but his pleas are spurned

Sitting alone, he longs for true company

The chatter of voices, the sound of a symphony

He can’t raise himself, his efforts are wasted

So he sits and cries for the joy he once tasted

Who makes the clown laugh when he is low?

That is the question, for I do not know.

by John W Austin

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nah, you just said something Blue when you weren't in the man's shoe. Put yourself in a position like he was, check the severity of it, then make a judgement.

The fact that someone commits suicide and you don't even have the decency to say RIP is Blue. Doesn't matter even if you think suicide is stupid, because so do I.
I'm sure Robin Williams is rolling in his grave because he momentarily retracted his RIP in this thread. The humanity!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I always felt like going out by one's own hand is somewhat positive, well maybe not necessarily positive, but I definitely don't find it to be weak or negative or anything like that. Why stick around if you're not enjoying life, or simply just want to end it. Whether it be because your suffering, or maybe even accomplishing everything you set out to do in life, I don't see a problem with killing yourself instead of waiting out the inevitable.
It doesn't bother me like it bothers most. I may be oversimplifying the issue, but it is YOUR life, and I am all about civil liberties. If you come to the conclusion that your life is no longer worth living and you want to end it, that is your personal right. People say it is a selfish act? Bullshit. Do you want to know where the selfish motives truly lie? The people who selfishly want a person to continue living on this Earth against their own will... that is truly selfish. Why should a potentially suicidal person stick around just because others want them to? That is greed, not the act of suicide itself. If a person finds suicide as a release, for whatever reason, the people around them that cared for them should celebrate that release, not condemn the departed for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I always felt like going out by one's own hand is somewhat positive, well maybe not necessarily positive, but I definitely don't find it to be weak or negative or anything like that. Why stick around if you're not enjoying life, or simply just want to end it. Whether it be because your suffering, or maybe even accomplishing everything you set out to do in life, I don't see a problem with killing yourself instead of waiting out the inevitable.
Ehhhhh, that's a tough comment. For example, if I'm about to give a speech to a group of teenagers about suicide, I would never say anything like you just stated. In a round about way, you're saying "if life is rough and you feel no way out....it's not a bad thing to just end it and kill yourself...." on the contrary, it is an awful thing to commit suicide and you should never see that as an option as there's always someone who cares about you and you could hurt by doing it. Again, your statement, intentional or not, is not the right way to go about suicide my friend. Believe me, this is coming from someone who has almost killed themself and been through it all.

As far Robin Williams, I will say RIP. Great person, great memories, and an overall good citizen. He made a big mistake by committing suicide and I do feel that's wrong. However, he will be missed.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me like it bothers most. I may be oversimplifying the issue, but it is YOUR life, and I am all about civil liberties. If you come to the conclusion that your life is no longer worth living and you want to end it, that is your personal right. People say it is a selfish act? Bullshit. Do you want to know where the selfish motives truly lie? The people who selfishly want a person to continue living on this Earth against their own will... that is truly selfish. Why should a potentially suicidal person stick around just because others want them to? That is greed, not the act of suicide itself. If a person finds suicide as a release, for whatever reason, the people around them that cared for them should celebrate that release, not condemn the departed for it.
If and when we decide to condone people just killing themselves because they are upset with their lives, please just shoot me in the face. That's ridiculous. Sure, you have rights....and you can kill yourself....you act as if people don't have that right...they do. But it shouldn't be condoned. Most people who are suicidal don't really want to kill themselves, too. According to your logic, however, they might as well just load a gun when they're potentially suicidal and kill themselves....

It's not greedy for friends, loved ones, or family to want that person around either. Life is a gift....take advantage of it and live it. Some just don't see that as well as others.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
If and when we decide to condone people just killing themselves because they are upset with their lives, please just shoot me in the face. That's ridiculous. Sure, you have rights....and you can kill yourself....you act as if people don't have that right...they do. But it shouldn't be condoned. Most people who are suicidal don't really want to kill themselves, too. According to your logic, however, they might as well just load a gun when they're potentially suicidal and kill themselves....

It's not greedy for friends, loved ones, or family to want that person around either. Life is a gift....take advantage of it and live it. Some just don't see that as well as others.
Yeah, but to force someone to take matters in their own hands and take such a painful and shitty death such as asphyxie is fucking inhumane. If only suicide clinics were allowed and suicide was actually a right, then maybe robin william's family would take some small comfort in knowing his death was painless and dignified.

To force one to either go on living a miserable and hopeless life or have a painful and salvage death is quite selfish. I'm not saying people should have suicide in the highest of regards or anything like that, it's just that, you know, if we're going to do it anyways, at least give us the rights to go on a more dignified manner

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

You throwing around a bunch of shitty motivational speaker cliches doesn't make your point any more valid.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
You throwing around a bunch of shitty motivational speaker cliches doesn't make your point any more valid.
Nice way to dodge everything I said....sigh.....typical Dolph. Another pointless encounter.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, but to force someone to take matters in their own hands and take such a painful and shitty death such as asphyxie is fucking inhumane. If only suicide clinics were allowed and suicide was actually a right, then maybe robin william's family would take some small comfort in knowing his death was painless and dignified.

To force one to either go on living a miserable and hopeless life or have a painful and salvage death is quite selfish. I'm not saying people should have suicide in the highest of regards or anything like that, it's just that, you know, if we're going to do it anyways, at least give us the rights to go on a more dignified manner

I think using the word "force" is a bit extreme, but it does emphasize your point. Nobody forces anyone to have suicide, it's always a choice. Not all suicides that are done by people are "shitty and inhumane" either. I mean, in reality, isn't suicide shitty and inhumane no matter how you slice it? Again, not bashing Williams or anyone who has issues with depression (I, myself, have it and almost killed myself)..... but suicide tends to happen when people are so depressed that they don't even value life....they've lost the will to live....don't see the point....and they end it...and it'll be sad and hurtful no matter how you do it...because that person is leaving this world and anyone who cares about them behind. I don't think there's a whole lot of dignity with it as it will always hurt the ones that care about you.

AS an example, I nearly shot myself and my mom happened to walk in and stop me....I had such built up tension and frustration....too much going on in my life at once. And my only scape goat...instead of dealing with it...was to end it all. After going to the hospital and getting treatment, I realized that I have my brother, my sister, my mom, my dad, and family that would not only miss me when I'm gone....but not be able to live a normal life as well...and probably would've caused my brother to have depression as well. Not everyone's scenario is like mine, true. But that example emphasizes the point that not only can suicide cause harm to others, but it can also be treated and people can find things worth living for. I'd rather have that happen than tell people...."well, yeah know you can just end it....I mean you are depressed, been abused, etc....you seem like you should."

This is not something I'd want to be an option going forward for anyone.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

Also, if we do this and allow it....who's going to mandate it? Who's going to decide, yes, you should be able to kill yourself?....like the government? Healthcare professionals OPINIONS? I mean it would be insane and shouldn't be allowed.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
A bit late to this thread, but just going to put my final opinions about him. Not a big fan of Robin Williams, but I did see a few of his movies. Didn't even know he named his daughter Zelda and was a big fan of the Legend of Zelda series, which I am myself. It was a sad way to go out for him, and I feel for his family more than anybody. Even those who carve the perfect mask, hiding their pain and sorrow to the masses, cannot escape what is on the inside. Trapped in a cage of sadness, longing for something that might be impossible for one to find.

I'm not going to condemn his for his suicide, nor am I going to put anything negative. Just R.I.P., I hope his family can recover from this soon. It'll be hard, but it's still possible.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nice way to dodge everything I said....sigh.....typical Dolph. Another pointless encounter.
There is nothing to dodge. You have this ideal that every life is sacred and I clearly disagree. If someone is suicidal, they don't view their life as sacred. I know you are going to say people have mental diseases or that people they care about will miss them, but none of that is important to me. If they have it in their head that death is the only way out, more power to them. I view mental disease and someone who wishes to die as natural selection. I don't wake up in the morning wanting to kill myself, so if someone does that is simply nature taking out one of the millions of beings that it will in that day. I also think suicide is a "Trendy" thing in today's society, and if people are that weak minded that they follow a trend as stupid as killing themselves, I have no sympathy for their "precious life".

I agree with the idea that people should be able to be euthanized if that is what they want. IMO it is a more dignified way to go then being forced to hang yourself or something similar. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but assisted suicide is legal in some places in Europe, maybe Germany or Switzerland? I know I've read some things on it but can't remember off hand. Who are you to tell people the value of their life? IF I were a suicidal person and I had people trying to tell me I can't die if I wish I would tell them to kindly fuck off. Again, I am pro personal freedoms. Someone's choice to end their life is their business. I don't like the idea of someone telling someone else what to do with their body. It goes against everything I value. So again, suicide falls right in line with that. Suicide is a personal choice and anyone commenting from an outside perspective on another person's choice should just shut the fuck up and mind their own goddamn business.

**casually awaits my like from deth**

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Also, if we do this and allow it....who's going to mandate it? Who's going to decide, yes, you should be able to kill yourself?....like the government? Healthcare professionals OPINIONS? I mean it would be insane and shouldn't be allowed.
Uh, the person wanting to die? How hard is that to figure out?

Obviously children won't be taken, but anyone over 18 that wants to die can sign a consent form and take a wicked cocktail that puts them into a permanent sleep. A much more dignified way to go then having to find a way to kill yourself in the home, worry about who will have to find the body/the mess/the smell, writing a note, ect ect.

Reactions: Green Jesus