• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Jennifer Lopez may be searching for the meaning of ‘LOVE?’ on her new LP, yet it seems record-buyers are still searching for a reason to buy it.

For, despite a huge inter-platform promo push, the album looks set to limp into next week’s chart with less than stellar numbers.

Full story after the jump…

According to Hits Daily Double, the singer’s supposed ‘comeback’ effort is on-course to shift between 60,000- 65,000 copies in the US first week.

Ouch.

And although 2007’s ‘Brave’ opened with lower numbers (53k), should ‘LOVE?’ land with the above, it’d be a disaster of epic proportions. For, 4 years years ago there was no stint on American Idol, no high-profile endorsement deals, nor global smashes to preceded the project.

Could it be that, at 41, Ms. Lopez has transcended into a Singles act? One who can garner radio play and high iTunes chartings, yet can’t sell her album even if free? Should this be so, it still begs the question; why are fellow established acts such as Britney Spears able to shift singles and albums 10, 12, 11 years into their careers and not J. Lo.

Many will swiftly point to Lopez’s supposed lack of sex and youth appeal (see: industry age bias). Yet, with Spears’ sex appeal having expired on that pole in the ‘Gimme More’ video, it’s noteworthy that her career has gone from strength to strength since then.

In any case, it’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out. For Lopez’s sake, the singles – at the very least – must replicate the success of ‘On The Floor’. Because if they don’t, she could very well find herself being “Jenny on the Chopping Block”. Especially with LA Reid, the man who signed her to Island Def Jam last year, having now left the company.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna Migrates to Milan for Nivea’s 100th Anniversary

Nivea spokeswoman Rihanna jetted to Milan, Italy, to help the skincare brand usher in 100 years in business. The sexy chanteuse, looking demure in a white Dolce & Gabbana dress and long red braid, performed her ballad “California King Bed” and was presented with flowers by a company executive. The video for “California King Bed” was underwritten by Nivea and is expected to debut this month.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna, Chris Brown to Perform on ‘Today’ Concert Series

Rihanna and Chris Brown are set to rock Rockefeller Plaza. The former couple has been booked to perform individual sets on the “Today” show’s summer concert series, it was announced today.

In its 16th year, the Toyota Concert Series on the “Today” show brings together the biggest and boldest names in music. This year’s extravaganza kicks off on May 27 with Rihanna. In her fourth “Today” summer concert, the Grammy winner will perform material off her latest album Loud in advance of her North American tour this June.

The star-studded lineup also includes her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, who will perform on the show for the first time in three years on July 15. The R&B superstar will light up the outdoor stage with hits off his No. 1 album F.A.M.E.

Also on the bill are Bruno Mars on June 24, Pitbull along with special guests T-Pain and Ne-Yo on July 1, Cee Lo Green on July 22, and Lenny Kravitz on September 2. Other acts include Maroon 5, Enrique Iglesias, New Kids on the Block, and the Backstreet Boys.

Kairi

Reaction score
Jlo on American Idol last night

[youtube]rMwLEjZh4JU[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
The Scope of Rihanna's Nivea Endorsement

100 Years Skincare for Life: NIVEA Makes Billion-Euro Investment in its Biggest Global Campaign Ever

HAMBURG, Germany, May 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

Cross-media Digital Measures Will Address new NIVEA Consumers.

Rihanna's Song, 'California King Bed' Will Accompany the NIVEA Anniversary Year Internationally.

We are realigning the NIVEA brand during its centennial year.

On May 15 we're launching a global campaign, "100 Years Skincare for Life", centered around the values that have been associated with NIVEA for generations: trust, honesty, reliability, honesty and family," said Markus Pinger, Beiersdorf Board Member for Brands, at the NIVEA Skin Journey press conference on May 10, 2011.

NIVEA invited guests from 50 countries to accompany it on a journey through the brand's history as part of its 100th anniversary celebrations. The two-day cruise gave them the opportunity to experience the new "100 Years Skincare for Life" campaign's image worlds live in history and science exhibitions. NIVEA has selected compelling visuals that elevate the importance of skin and capture moments of closeness between people of different ages, genders and nationalities. "We know that people only feel comfortable in their skin if they are happy about the way they look. According to a study*, that is currently only around 10% of all women worldwide. This knowledge was one of the main factors in our decision to make skin the focus of our campaign," explained Markus Pinger.

NIVEA's marketing budget for 2011 is in the region of one billion euros and around 70 percent of this is being invested in the new campaign. NIVEA hopes that this investment will strengthen the brand and stabilize its position as the number one skin care brand.

NIVEA has signed up international star Rihanna as the voice of its anniversary campaign and her song, 'California King Bed', will accompany it throughout.

There will be consumer promotions with Rihanna concert tickets as prizes, plus ten million online codes on products for exclusive Rihanna downloads from the NIVEA website.

NIVEA hopes to mobilize Rihanna's vast fan community in social networks such as Facebook and YouTube. 10 percent of the campaign budget is dedicated to digital activities.

NIVEA is sponsoring Rihanna's 'Loud' tour of the USA and Europe and organizing a range of activities to address young consumers. A NIVEA local blogger will also be reporting on the tour.

It is expected that campaign activities on the NIVEA websites will generate some 120 million messages and dialogs on social media platforms worldwide.

The digital campaign is flanked by a multi-level NIVEA TV and print campaign that initially focuses on NIVEA Creme in the blue tin. It will be followed by a product campaign featuring the key Visage, Body and Deo product lines. All campaigns will be supported internationally by mega posters, billboards and citylights.

The world's biggest skin advisory tour in retail with over 75,000 promotions will also be running. It is expected to generate more than 13 million consumer contacts, including around 1.7 million consultations with individual skin analyses.

Kairi

Reaction score
Madonna Signs Rihanna as The New Face Of Her Company

Madonna, who has majority stake in Vita Coco water, is beyond excited to feature Rihanna as the face of their campaign this summer.

“Rihanna is a natural fit for the Vita Coco brand and I’m so happy to have her on the team” says Madonna.

“I love Vita Coco! It’s real coconut water from hand-picked coconuts. It’s delicious and so good for you!” says Rihanna.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna is nominated along with Taylor Swift, Eminem, Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga for Top Artist Award. The awards ceremony will take place on May 22nd! Ri is nominated in 18 categories! Don’t forget to vote for her in Fan Favourite Award category!! Click here!
There’s nothing that makes a pop star irresistible like some actual edge-and Rihanna cuts through the competition like a candy-coated switchblade. “Trends are boring,” she says. “It’s boring to see everyone doing the same thing.” No one’s yawning at RiRi: In the past year, the beautiful Barbadian diva has proven beguilingly unpredictable. Who could forget her confession this year that she’s sexually submissive, a theme emphasized in the hook to her controversial single “S&M”: “I may be bad, but I’m perfectly good at it/ Sex in the air, I don’t care, I love the smell of it/ Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me.” Whew.

Then she discovered Twitter: speaking her mind online sparked a catty tweet smackdown with R&B singer Ciara. They made up, but Rihanna’s outspokenness didn’t stop. “No more corny label tweets!” she exclaimed. “I just got on there and started talking.” And of course, there is Rihanna’s surprising reason for reducing the limits of her restraining order against physically abusive ex-boyfriend Chris Brown. “I just didn’t want to make it more difficult for him professionally. What he did was a personal thing,” she told Rolling Stone.
“It had nothing to do with his career. Saying he has to be a hundred feet away from me, he can’t perform at awards shows-that definitely made it difficult for him…[But] it doesn’t mean we’re gonna make up, or even talk again.”
Rihanna faces controversy head on, no apologies: her duet with Eminem, “Love the Way You Lie,” seems to openly confront the issues inherent in an abusive relationship like the one she had with Brown. On the one hand, it’s raw. On the other, it’s impossible to look away-and the combination proved compelling: “Love the Way You Lie” was an international pop-cultural phenomenon, and helped solidify Eminem’s career comeback. “It’s kind of like the closing to that chapter, and now we’re in a new stage,” she explains.
Of course, the more this good girl goes bad, the more she cements her superstar status. “She has a swagger that’s unbelievable,” explains Tor Erik Hermansen, half of the production duo Stargate who collaborated with RiRi on “S&M,” “Unfaithful,” “Don’t Stop the Music,” and numerous other smashes.
In November 2010, Rihanna released her fifth album, Loud. “I wanted songs that only I can do, not generic songs that everyone else could sing,” Rihanna says. Case in point: Loud’s second single, “What’s My Name,” a flirty collaboration with ex-flame Drake that gets extra frisson from the pair’s did-they-or-didn’t-they chemistry. “[Drake's] the only person I thought could really understand the melody of the song,” Rihanna says coyly. “The minute he heard it he said, ‘I know exactly what I’m going to do. I love it.’”
Knowing what she wants has paid off: Loud would sell more than 200,000 copies in its first week-the biggest initial sales of Rihanna’s career, and her fifth Top 10 album in a row. The album’s debut single, “Only Girl (in the World),” meanwhile, would hit No. 1, and go on to win a Grammy for Best Dance Recording. “What’s My Name” would also top the charts, as did “S&M,” making Rihanna the youngest artist ever to have 10 singles top the Billboard 100 in the chart’s five-decade-plus existence.
TEven on other people’s records, Rihanna was hard to escape this year. In addition to her Eminem collaboration, she also created fireworks on Kanye West’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, with a cameo on the album’s unforgettable centerpiece, “All of the Lights.”
And her name has become a powerful enough brand to move her beyond music: recently, she put out her own signature fragrance, its provocative, poetic name – Reb’l Fleur – exposing deep personal roots. “My grandmother in Barbados used to call me her Rebel Flower,” she told People magazine. “I wanted something that said ‘Rihanna was here.’”
She’s also set to make her mark in movies. Rihanna’s first starring role in a film comes in the upcoming big-budget action epic Battleship, appearing alongside the young Hollywood likes of model/Andy Roddick spouse Brooklyn Decker, Friday Night Lights sex symbol Taylor Kitsch, and True Blood hunk Alexander SkarsgÃ¥rd. “My favorite part has been shooting in the ocean,” Rihanna notes. “We were going at top speed, and I had to shoot this really badass weapon off the front of the boat. There was gunpowder all in my mouth by the time it finished.”
The fearless firebrand insisted on doing as many of her own stunts as possible-even when a female stunt double was provided. “They always want me to sit down when the dangerous stuff happens, but I’m a control freak,” Rihanna says. “She doesn’t do it like I would do it.” That’s right: nobody does it better.
— Billboard

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna showed off her pale-hued softer side in her “California King Bed” video. A sweeping, romantic look at the demise of a relationship is perfectly encapsulated in the Anthony Mandler-directed clip.
Rihanna and Mandler are certainly not strangers when it comes to collaborating, having made more than a dozen clips together, ranging from the fun “Only Girl (In the World)” to the dark “Russian Roulette.” When MTV News recently spoke to Mandler, he noted that he and Ri brought out a whole new side to the always-changing singer.
“I think it’s something that is so unique about Rihanna whatever she’s doing, whatever character she’s playing, whatever side of herself she’s showing, she’s in it 1,000 percent,” he explained. “They’re all twists and variations on herself, and in each of them, the way she pushes the visual and the way she pushes the styling and the look of it, she really kind of gives them another twist on Rihanna. And I think the song and the theme of this song, she wanted to obviously show a softer side, a lighter side, one that’s caught in maybe a tumultuous relationship,” he continued. “But not let the tumultuous relationship dominate the visual, really counterbalance it with tension-filled chaotic beauty. “
Instead of finding a scenic location on which to shoot the video, they built their own set in order to have control over the elements of the video. Rihanna gave Mandler a “basic foundation,” and from there, he put his magic on what he describes as a “really pure beauty video with a story line underneath.”
Having shot both a softer-edge Rihanna and a harder-edged one, Mandler weighed in on which he prefers.
“There’s so much variety with her and it’s been such a journey with her,” he said. “It’s hard to say which one I enjoy more than the other. I just enjoy working with her, so whatever that means. … There are gray shades that are brilliant that I’m constantly discovering.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney Talks GaGa, Rihanna, Madonna & More In Harper’s Bazaar

As earlier reported, Britney Spears features in the latest issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
True to from, though, the studio singer’s feature boasts little more than pre-approved questions and answers, providing little insight into her world nor personality. Indeed, at this stage, one has to wonder if its actually Spears or her publicist taking part in these promotional spots. Sigh.
In any case, there are a few fruitful tidbits in the piece – including Spears’ thoughts on chart rivals Lady GaGa and Rihanna, well as her special relationship with Madonna.
Peep more pics and the full interview below…

BRITNEY SPEARS IS BACK: THE INTERVIEW
She’s not yet 30, but the pop icon has lived a life and a half in public. Now, with a new hit album and world tour, the beat goes on.
By LAURA BROWN
Britney Spears is on the phone from rehearsals in Los Angeles, where she is busy singing, dancing, and “It’s Britney, bitch”-ing in preparation for her summer tour. She sounds energized and positive, occasionally flashing a wry sense of humor that those who see her only on TV and in the tabloids never glimpse.

Professionally, Britney has a lot to feel good about : Her new album, Femme Fatale, is receiving the best reviews of her almost-20-year career. “I’ve worked so hard on this album, so it’s really refreshing,” she says. “I feel like I’m drinking a tall glass of homemade sweet tea on a really hot, beautiful day.”
LAURA BROWN: What has been your best fashion look?
BRITNEY SPEARS: I went to the Grammys in 2002, and I had really curly, curly hair. I had a red dress on. It wasn’t short and saucy; it was a long red dress. That dress was fun.
LB: What was your biggest fashion mistake?
BS: Ten years ago at the Billboard awards, I wore this orange hat and orange bra and orange booty pants and purple fishnets. Oh, and I had an orange jacket on.
LB: Was it Halloween?
BS [laughs]: No, it wasn’t Halloween. I actually thought I looked hot at the time. But, um, I definitely stood out. I thought it was just a marvelous idea to wear this purple and orange outfit; it was like high school colors. I was a cheerleader for a school I didn’t know. People were talking about it, but not in a good way.
LB: Your hair is looking long and lustrous. Are you whipping it back and forth?
BS: Yeah, I love ponytails. I’m a wash-and-go girl. But, oh yeah, I like to whip it.
LB: Are you enjoying dancing again?
BS: I love to dance, so it’s very exciting. The tour rehearsals have been going really well. I think it will be my best show yet.
LB: Will you pull out any giant snakes?
BS: Ha, we’ll see about that. Hopefully, I won’t be in the wilderness onstage.
LB: What songs get you moving?
BS: I love “S&M” and “Only Girl” by Rihanna; that’s why I jumped on the “S&M” remix. She’s really cool. I like her a lot.
LB: Everybody has Bieber fever. Have you met Justin? Would you ever want to work with him?
BS: I think he’s adorable. I just saw his movie, and I really didn’t realize how big he was. He’s enormous; he’s just Mr. Man. A lot of the movie is really similar to what I did when I was starting out. I did a promo tour for a year, going into radio stations and all that. It was so cool to see our similarities.
LB: “It’s Britney, bitch” is classic, but you say you’re less bitchy than impatient. What makes you impatient?
BS: When things take a long time, I just get really stubborn. When I know that things are supposed to go a certain way [laughs] and when it’s my time of the month.
LB: What makes you laugh uncontrollably?
BS: Usually when people trip or fall or run into something. Not to be mean, but I can’t help it. If they really hurt themselves, then I feel bad, but if they accidentally do it and they stand up and act cool like nobody saw them, I have to laugh.
LB: It’s been eight years since you kissed Madonna onstage at the MTV awards. What have you learned from her?
BS: I actually saw her a couple of weeks ago at a party. I guess she’s really taught me to stay true to myself. That seems like a simple thing to say, but she taught me through action, not just by saying it. There are so many people around you that have opinions, but you just have to listen to your instincts.
LB: You’ve said Jennifer Lopez inspires you professionally. Would you ever want to be a judge on American Idol?
BS: I would! That would be awesome. I wouldn’t be a tough judge, though.
LB: What do you think of Lady Gaga?
BS: She’s unique and extremely talented. I love her spin on everything.
LB: On your Web site, you have a “BS Alert” where you clear up gossip. Have you ever been tempted to make something up to see what happens?
BS: No way! They make up enough stories without my help.
LB: How has being a mom affected how you approach your career?
BS: I think things through a little bit more, and I worry a lot. I’m more straightforward, and I speak up more than I did before. When I was younger, I wouldn’t speak up as much, but now that I’m a mom, things have changed.
LB: Would you like to get married again? More kids?
BS: I’ve thought about both, so if the timing was right …
LB: Could you see your sons performing?
BS: If they have a love and passion for the arts and that’s what they want to do, then so be it. They are both little actors and so charismatic, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.
LB: Which one of your hits made you realize you’d made it?
BS: From the beginning, probably “… Baby One More Time.” I haven’t seen that video in such a long time.
LB: What’s your favorite video?
BS: “Overprotected.” I just think it says a lot. It was directed so well, it was really colorful, and the dancing was amazing.
LB: Who is your greatest inspiration musically?
BS: Whitney Houston. I’ve loved her since I was a kid.
LB: If you met yourself at a party, what would you think?
BS: If I met me, I would say a quick hello and then think that I was a really nice girl.
LB: What is your perfect day, morning through to night?
BS: Getting up with coffee–two cups of coffee. Having a good workout, taking a swim, my boys being there and just having a good day at the pool–we have a theme-park slide. We’d have snow cones, then I’d go to the movies and spend time with my boyfriend. Maybe a Femme Fatale moment [laughs].
LB: What is your guilty pleasure?
BS: Bapchi’s caramel toffee from Vosges. They were in my hotel room, and I made everyone bring them from their rooms.
LB: What don’t people know about you?
BS: I’m pretty normal, you know? Like I said, the type of day I love is just like everybody else’s. I’m like everybody else.

Kairi

Reaction score
The nominations for the BET Awards 2011 are being announced live right now on “106 & Park.” We’ll be updating this page as the nominees are revealed. The 11th annual show will be broadcast live from Los Angeles on June 26.

Best Female R&B Artist
Beyoncé
Marsha Ambrosius
Keri Hilson
Jennifer Hudson
Rihanna

Best Male Hip-Hop Artist
B.o.B
Drake
Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
Kanye West

Best Female Hip-Hop Artist
Nicki Minaj
Diamond
Cymphonique
LoLa Monroe

Best Male R&B Artist
Chris Brown
Cee Lo Green
Bruno Mars
Trey Songz
Usher

Best Group
Diddy-Dirty
Money
Cali Swag District
N.E.R.D.
New Boyz
Travis Porter

Kairi

Reaction score
What a difference a year makes. Last year, Chris Brown had a breakdown onstage while performing his emotional tribute to Michael Jackson at the BET Awards. Now the R&B superstar leads the pack with six nominations at the BET Awards 2011, including Video of the Year and Best Male R&B Artist. His collaborator Lil Wayne follows with five nods, while Rihanna, Drake, and Kanye West score four apiece.

In the coveted Video of the Year category, Chris’ “Look at Me Now†featuring Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes will compete against Kanye West and Pusha T’s “Runaway,†Keri Hilson’s “Pretty Girl Rock,†B.o.B and Hayley Williams’ “Airplanes,†Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair,†and Marsha Ambrosius’ “Far Away.â€
Other artists who picked up multiple nominations include Nicki Minaj, Marsha Ambrosius, B.o.B, Busta Rhymes, and Willow Smith.

Kairi

Reaction score
When the nominations for the BET Awards 2011 were announced yesterday, Keyshia Cole and Trina didn’t hear their names called. Now the ladies are speaking out after being excluded.

The “Let It Go” songstress, who starred in the BET reality show “The Way It Is,” didn’t bear any ill will toward the awards show despite her snub in all categories including Best Female R&B Artist.

“Its like this. Been on the scene 7 years. I was 21 when I got signed. 7 # 1 records. No awards 4 none of them/still touring. It is Wht it is,” tweeted Keyshia. “These types of thing R the way they R. I’m not upset about any of it in any way. I hope everyone that goes has a wonderful time.”

While Keyshia was restrained with her feelings, Trina’s response was more brash. “fuck BET……” fired off an upset Trina.

The Miami rapper was excluded in the category of Best Female Hip-Hop Artist, although she released her album Amazin’ last year. The nominees who will compete in that category are Nicki Minaj, Cymphonique, LoLa Monroe, and Diamond, who shared her fellow femcee’s pain.

“Shout out to my big sis @TRINArockstarr she has always been my idol! I don’t knw wut happen wit the nominations.. But she raised all of US!” wrote Diamond.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna's new video for her next Loud single, Man Down, will apparently be "shocking and intense", according to director Anthony Mandler.

Mandler, who directed RiRi's latest promo for California's King Bed has teased that the Barbadian beauty's next clip will be extremely dramatic and will stick to the narrative of the song about a scorned woman who shoots a man.

Speaking to our US Team, Anthony explained: "We shot the video last month in Jamaica and it’s my favorite song she’s ever recorded so I was really excited to get involved."

"It’s just one of those songs that demands a strong narrative and visual, and let’s just say she let me go all the way."

He continued: "I think you can expect something that’s dramatic and shocking and intense and emotional and uplifting and enlightening."

"Without saying too much, if you're looking for a narrative you're not going to be disappointed. Just know that it's going to be exciting."

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney's back!

Sources tell Us Weekly that Britney Spears is heading to Las Vegas this weekend to perform live at Sunday's 2011 Billboard Music Awards.

The 29-year-old pop star will take the stage two times.

Spears will do one performance -- potentially the opening number -- with Rihanna, 23. The duo will perform Rihanna's hit song "S&M."

Spears will also be performing for the first time ever with Nicki Minaj, 26. Spears and Minaj will partner up for a remix of Spears' hit "Till The World Ends."

Minaj first met Spears in April. Later that month, Spears confirmed on her website that Minaj would be joining her Femme Fatale tour this summer.

"I'm obviously honored to be out with Britney," Minaj told Us of the tour. "She's freakin' paved the way for so many things right now in pop culture. I'm excited to be on with her."

So what will Spears' return to the live television be like? "It's gonna be big," a source says. "People will definitely be talking about it the next day."

The 2011 Billboard Music Awards air Sunday night at 8:00 p.m. on ABC.

Kairi

Reaction score
Just when you thought the lineup for the Billboard Music Awards couldn’t get any bigger, two pop megastars are scheduled to ignite the stage. Beyoncé and Britney Spears will reportedly perform at this weekend’s show.

Sasha Fierce will not only be the recipient of the Millennium Award at Sunday’s ceremony, but viewers will be treated to the first televised performance of her new single “Run the World (Girls).” She performed the song for the first time at Oprah’s farewell show taping earlier in the week. Promos for the awards have been touting her appearance as one that “will leave American talking.”

Her fellow diva Britney Spears will also take the stage, according to Us Weekly. Their sources claim that Brit will join Rihanna for their remix to “S&M,” and appear alongside her “Femme Fatale” tourmate Nicki Minaj for the remix to “Till the World Ends,” also featuring Ke$ha.

While no official announcement has been made, Billboard tweeted, “loving rumors re @britneyspears playing Billboard Music Awds. Better watch Sun 8 PM ABC. Lets say there’ll be surprises.”

Other performers on the bill include Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Cee Lo Green, Pitbull, and Lil Wayne with Mary J. Blige. The 2011 Billboard Music Awards will air live on Sunday at 8 p.m. EST on ABC.