Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez & Others To Perform At Billboard Music Awards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj is nominated for 4 Billboard Music Awards this year which includes Top New Artist, Top Rap Artist, Top Rap Album, Top R&B song.The winners will be announced at the Billboard Music Awards show airing live on ABC from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 22 at 5 PM PT. Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com. For more information on The 2011 Billboard Music Awards head over to Billboard.com

Kairi

Reaction score
<NOBR style="COLOR: #0099ff" id=itxthook0w0nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Rihanna </NOBR>, called in to to KISS FM with Ryan Seacrest yesterday to chop it up about the new S&M remix featuring Britney Spears that hit the internet earlier this week. She also discussed the controversy surrounding the new single, being jealous of Khloe and Lamar, and why she loves for a man to put her in her place.

Check out the excerpts and audio below:
On ‘S&M’ Remix With Britney
“It was all within less than a week. We knew we wanted to put out a remix but we were just trying to figure out who so I asked my fans on Twitter who they would they most want me to collaborate with, without giving them any ideas. We already had Britney in our mind but it came back Britney was one of the most popular names, so it was like ‘Okay,

perfect.’

“Then we had to see if Britney would even be into it and we had to wait on that, and after she got back to us it was an automatic, it was a go. She was like, ‘I would love to do it,’ she was very, very great, very professional. And she worked really hard at it, she went right to the studio and got it done and it came back, and now the world gets to hear it.”

S&M
It’s very provocative if it’s taken in the literal terms, but when I first heard this record, I automatically knew that those words didn’t mean…it was more about my love/hate relationship with the media and I automatically knew what the song meant to me. I wanted to make that apparent in the video, in the visual aspect, so people could really see the underlying message and get it. It’s still…when you listen to it, you just hear the words and that’s why people respond to it that way. The video got banned in a lot of countries even though I didn’t think it was that raunchy. I thought it was fun and funny and quirky, but again, people just hear the words.

On Khloe & Lamar
Besides me being single, it makes it really difficult to watch Khloe and Lamar! They’re so in love. I mean, they’re so cute, it really is so great to see a little bit into their personal lives because people are so judgmental from the outside in; but really and truly, they have such a magical connection and it was really special to see that.[Ryan: They're 'gooey' passionate in love with each other] Which is why I hate them! I’m not watching it next week! (laughs)

On If Men Are Intimidated By Her
Not to sound crazy, but yes. That’s very difficult because it’s a lot for them to handle. Especially being in the public eye, it could be difficult, it could be tricky. There’s going to be someone who’s not intimidated or not afraid to put me in my place.

She goes on to talk about possibly being a judge on X Factor, how she’ll be on tour for the rest of the year, and making careful decisions on what songs to sing for on-air performances.

Kairi

Reaction score
"Janet Jackson, one of the most popular native Hoosiers in entertainment, will perform Aug. 17 at the Indiana State Fair.Jackson's current tour is titled "Number Ones" and features renditions of 35 chart-topping hits.

Janet Jackson to perform @ Indiana State Fair

A resident of Gary until age 5, Jackson last performed in Indianapolis in 2001.
Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. fair performance, which include fair admission, are priced at $88, $68 and $48.

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. May 14 and will be available at the State Fairgrounds box office, 1202 E. 38th St., by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000."

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna Defends Britney’s ‘Nasally’ Voice On ‘S&M (Remix)’

As if Rihanna and Britney Spears‘S&M’ remix wasn’t comical enough, the red-haired star has hit out at suggestion that Spears sounded “nasally” on the track.

How ironic.

While calling in to 92.3 NOW FM to promote the collabo, Not Beyonce was bluntly informed by host DJ Lil Cee that masses aren’t feeling Spears’s contribution to the record – regardless of its iTunes standing.

Rihanna said everyone is entitled to their opinon and it doesn't really matter, but it's fine with her because people are also saying it's dynamic and it's number one on itunes.

Kairi

Reaction score
Polow Da Don and Drumma Boy lead the way while vets like Swizz Beatz, will.i.am and The Legendary Traxter round out the top 25.

In a year where digital downloads, master ringtones and singles accounted for the bulk of legitimate sales, Billboard magazine’s annual top R&B/Hip Hop producers list was mostly comprised of new entries. Mainstays like Kanye West, Just Blaze, T-Pain and Salaam Remi were nowhere to be found on the 2010 list. It should be noted that Billboard’s list is based on both input from critics and how many singles each producer landed in the “Hot 100†chart.

Polow Da Don, who was fourth on 2009’s list, led the way with 12 charted singles. Memphis native Drumma Boy made his highest appearance at the number two spot, with the most notable of his five charting singles being “No Hands.†The Waka Flocka Flame, Wale and Roscoe Dash collaboration is certified gold and has been on the charts for 13 weeks, peaking at the number 16 spot. Kane Beatz, who produced Young Money’s “Bedrock†and Stargate who handled the boards for a trio of number one singles by Katy Perry (“Fireworkâ€), and Rihanna (“Rude Boy,†“What’s My Nameâ€) hold down the third and fourth spots respectively. Frequent Drake collaborator Noah “40†Shebib rounded out the top five with eight titles placed on the “Hot 100†singles chart. Chief among them were the Alicia Keys and Drake duets “Fireworks†and “Unthinkable (I’m Ready).â€

Other newcomers to the list included Kevin McCall (12th), who worked on Chris Brown’s “Deuces†and Lex Leuger (25th) who produced Rick Ross’ “MC Hammer†and “B.M.F.†Meanwhile, a blast from the past came in the form of veterans such as Naughty By Nature’s KayGee (24th) and Missy Elliott (22nd)
illboard’s 2010 R&B/Hip Hop Producer’s List

Rank Artist Singles Placed Most Notable(s)
1 Polow Da Don 12 Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight
2 Drumma Boy 5 Waka Flocka Flame - No Hands
3 Kane Beatz 5 Young Money - Bedrock
4 Stargate 8 Rihanna - Whats My Name
5 Noah “40†Shebib 8 Drake - Fireworks
6 Rico Love 5 Nelly - Just A Dream*
7 Boi 1Da 8 Eminem - Not Afraid
8 T-Minus 2 Ludacris - How Low
9 Swizz Beatz 8 Nicki Minaj - Romans Revenge
10 Jeff Bhasker 3 Kanye West - Runaway**
11 Chuck Harmony 8 Rihanna - Russian Roulette
12 Kevin McCall 1 Chris Brown - Deuces
13 The Legendary Traxter 2 Ludacris - My Chick Bad
14 Hod David 3 Maxwell - Pretty Wings**
15 Musze 3 Maxwell - Pretty Wings**
16 Jim Jonsin 2 Nelly - Just A Dream
17 Cainon Lamb 1 Monica - Everything To Me**
18 Los Damystro 1 The-Dream - Love King
19 Bryan Michael Cox 5 Justin Bieber - Never Let You Go
20 The-Dream 11 Ciara - Ride
21 will.i.am 3 Usher - O.M.G.
22 Missy Elliott 2 Monica - Everything To Me**
23 Alicia Keys 5 Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
24 KayGee 1 Jaheim - Finding My Way Back
25 Lex Luger 4 Waka Flocka Flame - No Hands.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna Covers Australia’s Cleo Magazine May 2011 issue

H9taa.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
Drake is nominated for 4 Billboard Music Awards: Top Rap Album (Thank Me Later), Top Radio Song Artist, Top Male Artist, and Top Rap Artist. Tune in to the 2011 Billboard Music Awards show airing live on ABC from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 22 at 5 PM PT.
Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com.

The Billboard Music Awards take a holistic look at artist performance based on key fan interactions with music — finalists and winners are determined by chart performance and social and streaming activity as chronicled in Billboard magazine and on Billboard.com during the eligibility period of Feb, 28, 2010 and Mar. 1, 2011.

The 46 award categories are based on measures provided by our data partners including sales data shared by Nielsen SoundScan, radio airplay monitored by Nielsen BDS, streaming data measured by Tubemogul and Nielsen BDS, social media consumption gauged by Next Big Sound and tour grosses tracked by Billboard Boxscore.

Kairi

Reaction score
jennifer-lopez-4a.jpg

Peep Jennifer Lopez striking a pose while at a Best Buy in Los Angeles last night.

The ‘On The Floor’ singer was there to to promote the new Blackberry Playbook, as well as her hotly anticipated new album ‘Love?’.

It’s hard to believe this shot isn’t from 10 years ago. Ms. Lopez, at 41, still looks stunning.

Kairi

Reaction score
What music puts Christina Aguilera in the mood? The judge of NBC’s “The Voice” shares her iTunes playlist, which includes two songs with Rihanna, a “Monster” hit from Kanye West, another big-voiced songstress, and the Nicki Minaj song she listened to while promoting her musical Burlesque. Browse the pop diva’s 12 current selections below.

1. “S&M” – Rihanna
“This song is fun, sassy, and right up my alley. Love the songwriter, Ester Dean, on this.”

2. “Love the Way You Lie” – Eminem feat. Rihanna
“Love this track.”

3. “Rolling in the Deep” – Adele
“Adele has an amazing way with words. I like the lyrics to this song a lot.”

4. “F**k You” – Cee Lo Green
“Love Cee Lo’s signature voice! And providing this lyrical content in such an upbeat song is genius. He’s always unexpected.”

5. “Honey Bee” – Blake Shelton
“I don’t normally listen to a lot of country, but this is cleverly written and so sweet. Never thought Blake had that side to him. Ha ha.”

6. “Down on Me” – Jeremih feat. 50 Cent
“So into this song right now. My fave!”

7. “Just the Way You Are” – Bruno Mars
“Such a sweet song to dedicate to a special girl. Makes me melt.”

8. “Rocketeer” – Far East Movement feat. Ryan Tedder
“Smooth, easy song to chill to in the car.”

9. “Monster” – Kanye West, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, & Bon Iver
“Song gets me going!”

10. “Did It On’em” – Nicki Minaj
“This was my SONG during my promo tour for my last movie.”

11. “Creep” – Radiohead
“I heard it the other day, and it reminded me how much I love it!”

12. “Keep on Singin’ My Song” – Christina Aguilera
“This is from my Stripped record. It holds special meaning to me, and the lyrics will always resonate.”

Kairi

Reaction score
She may be a 41-year-old mother of two, but Jennifer Lopez has still got it going.

Celebrating the launch of her new album LOVE? at Best Buy in Los Angeles on Tuesday night (April 19), J.Lo was all smiles as she flaunting her abs in belly-baring ensemble.

Meanwhile, Jennifer has confirmed that she discussed a role on The X Factor but ultimately turned it down.

“We did talk about The X Factor for a little bit,” she tells the Daily Star. “But at the end of the day, thinking about my career and everything that was going on, when the opportunity to do Idol came along it seemed a better fit. Idol has been a show for so many years. It’s an institution. To be involved in something like that felt really great.”

However, La Lopez confesses that she is still unsure of her future on the Fox show.

“I don’t know if I will do another season. I’m taking it day by day at the moment and we’ll see what happens,” she says. “I’ve been having a great time, I can’t lie. I’m really enjoying it and having fun and enjoying working with the contestants. You can’t help but learn from them. You’re talking about performing and singing and when you’re watching them you see them and think, ‘I do that’. It’s been a great exchange back and forth.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna Breaks Chart Records with 10th No. 1 Single ‘S&M’

Rihanna is whipping the charts into a frenzy. The pop siren soars to the top of the singles chart this week with “S&M,” smashing records in her path.

Her raunchy Loud single and its remix featuring Britney Spears moves 2-1 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, becoming her 10th No. 1 hit. But that isn’t her only accomplishment. Rihanna earns 10 No. 1s on the Hot 100 in the shortest span for a solo artist since first debuting atop the chart with “SOS” four years, 11 months ago.

At 23 years old, she also becomes the youngest artist to achieve 10 No. 1s on the Hot 100, besting labelmate Mariah Carey who was 25 at the time. Additionally, she tallied her No. 1s faster than Carey. Among all artists, the Barbados singer follows only the Beatles and the Supremes for the fastest accumulation of 10 Hot 100 No. 1s.

“10th!!!!!Now LOOK at what u did… #RihannaNavy U rocked that shit OUT!THANK U so much, this is the BEST news!U guys #werk hard #whosyadaddy,” tweeted a thrilled RiRi, who also thanked Britney Spears’ fans. “#BIGUP to @britneyspears and all her wonderful fans who supported this song.”

Steve Bartels, Island Def Jam President and COO, added, “Rihanna’s tenth #1 single is a monumental accomplishment and a testament to her incredible artistry. This was a truly collaborative and creative effort, spearheaded by Rihanna’s tireless work and aided in no small part by the incredible Britney Spears and her team. I am extremely proud of Rihanna, her ongoing dominance on the charts, and the entire IDJ team who worked so diligently to bring this one home.”

Kairi

Reaction score
People are whispering about how cozy Rihanna and Usher have been since hooking up at the Coachella Music Festival.
Rihanna and Usher spent some time together at Coachella this weekend, party-hopping and catching all the big acts (as previously reported, booze was involved).

It’s now being reported that they are a “Hot New Couple!”

According to OK, Usher and Rihanna both hit up the Armani Exchange A|X and 944 magazine party — called the “Neon Carnival.”

“Usher requested a table next to Rihanna,” said an insider. “She arrived before Usher, with her bodyguards. Then a bit later Usher and his entourage arrived.”

If you think about it — they both only have one name, but together they are two.

----

prob just buddies but still interesting

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna Marks 4/20 at Lauryn Hill Show

rihanna-rasta-1.jpg

Riding on the high of her 10th No. 1 single “S&M,” Rihanna celebrated her feat by watching Lauryn Hill in concert at L.A.’s El Rey Theatre on 4/20. The Barbados-born singer wore a rasta-colored beanie and carried a rhinestone-studded clutch with a cannabis leaf in honor of the pot smokers’ holiday.

“Is this REALLY happening???? There IS a GOD!!!! And he has spoken thru her voice!!! #fantasycometrue,” wrote RiRi after seeing Ms. Hill perform Fugees classics and Bob Marley covers.

Kairi

Reaction score
Get your lap dances while they last. Nicki Minaj will be putting an end to her sexy routine once she heads out on the road with Britney Spears this summer.

The Harajuku Barbie announced that she won’t be giving out her much-talked-about lap dances following Lil Wayne’s “I Am Still Music” tour. “This will be my last round of lap dances,” she told Power 106’s Yesi Ortiz and Felli Fel. “When I go [out] with Britney, no more lap dances.”

She also put a name to her onstage alter-ego, who has performed lap dances for Lil Wayne, Chris Paul, and Steve Nash. “The one that comes out with the lap dances on stage, I think that’s Lap Dance Nika. Let’s call her Lap Dance Nika,” she said. “Some of my fans, my Team Minaj Barbz, they’ve called me that sometimes on Twitter, so I thought it was cute, so we’ll call her Lap Dance Nika.”

Catch Lap Dance Nika’s final performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim, and Oakland, before heading to Canada for the finale on April 29. Nicki’s tour with Britney begins June 17 in Sacramento, Calif.

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj to Announce New Album in September

Nicki Minaj has kept her guest features to a minimum since the release of her platinum debut Pink Friday, but she’s got a timeline in place for its follow-up. The Harajuku Barbie explained that her Barbz will get an announcement regarding the sophomore effort by September, with the album set to drop within the next 12 months.

“You’ll get another album within 12 months,” she told KIIS FM’s JoJo. “You’ll get the announcement for the next album in—and I’m saying the announcement—that you’ll get the announcement in September. That’s all.”

But for now she’ll stay busy promoting her new single “Super Bass” and its video, set to arrive in the next week. Videos for “Did It On’em” and “Fly,” her collaboration with Rihanna, have also been shot.

After her “I Am Still Music” tour with Lil Wayne winds down this month, fans can catch her opening for Britney Spears on the “Femme Fatale” tour, kicking off on June 17.