• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez & Others To Perform At Billboard Music Awards

Kairi

All's fair...

Her risque performance with Britney Spears was the talk of the Billboard music awards.

And the night was a resounding success for Rihanna – who along with Taylor Swift – was one of the key winners.

The Barbados-born singer's wins included songs for radio artist of the year and top female artist.

Taylor won the award for top album and she was also named the top country artist.

"The impact of an album is all determined by the fans," she told the audience when she picked up her first. "You've just given me another reason to be completely in love with you."

Other winners included Justin Bieber, U2 and the Black Eyed Peas.

Beyonce Knowles received a special Millennium Award for her career achievements.

She was feted in a video by an array of legends including Stevie Wonder, Barbara Streisand, Bono, Lady Gaga and US First Lady Michelle Obama.

"This is a moment I have to soak in because it's gonna be - and it is - one of the best moments of my life," Beyonce said after receiving the award from her mother, Tina Knowles.

Kairi

Rihanna Rocks Rockefeller Plaza for ‘Today’ Show

<CENTER>
rihanna-today.jpg
</CENTER>
Rihanna stormed the streets of New York City to kick off the “Today” show’s 16th annual Toyota Concert Series in Rockefeller Plaza, performing “S&M,” “What’s My Name,” “Only Girl (In the World),” and “California King Bed.” The red-haired siren gave viewers a “LOUD” awakening in advance of her North American tour, launching next month.

Kairi

The music industry is pretty tough these days and as such artists are finding themselves having to go that extra mile in order to sell records. Not too long ago, one lead single would be released to promote a new album, whereas today’s artists are finding themselves having to release two and three singles just to create a buzz.
A great example of this would be Lady Gaga who has released four singles and two videos prior to her “Born this Way” album being released earlier this week. Not only that, she released her album a day ahead of when albums are generally released (every Tuesday) and sold it for only 99 cents via Amazon.com for two days. These extreme measures will reportedly push Gaga’s new project close to the million mark in sales, and maybe over.
This leads me to the latest bit of news coming out of the Beyonce camp. According to radio station 96.1 Kiss FM in Pittsburgh, a new Beyonce single will be sent to them this coming Wednesday. If true, and I assume it is because Sony Records tweeted the same thing, this will be the third Beyonce single to be released in less than a month.
The song is titled “Best Thing I Never Had” and has been described as a mid-tempo ballad very much similar to that of “Irreplaceable.”

The singer’s two previous offerings “Run the World (Girls)” and “1+1” are currently struggling on the charts. ‘RTW’ peaked at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 and now sits at #50. On the other hand “1+1” has no official video and now sits at #23 after peaking at #12 on the Itunes digital downloads chart.

Beyonce’s upcoming “4″ album is slated to be released June 28th and features 12 tracks.

Kairi

Rihanna Sends Strong Message in ‘Man Down’ Video

<CENTER>
rihanna-today-show.jpg
</CENTER>
After flirting with Drake (“What’s My Name?”) and spicing up the bedroom (“S&M”), Rihanna is getting serious with her latest video for “Man Down.”

The clip for the reggae-infused song, co-written by fellow Bajan Shontelle, contains a compelling message for women. “Very strong underlying message 4 girls like me! #listentoyomama,” explained RiRi.
The Barbados beauty flew to Jamaica last month to shoot the visuals with director Anthony Mandler (“Only Girl”), filming scenes on the beach and in Portland, a parish on the island’s northeast coast.
The video for “Man Down,” the fifth release from last year’s Loud, is set to premiere Tuesday on BET’s “106 & Park.”

Kairi

Rihanna’s ‘Man Down’ Video Draws Fire from Parents Advocacy Group

<CENTER>
rihanna-md.jpg
</CENTER>
Rihanna fired shots in her newly premiered video for “Man Down,” and now she’s the one coming under attack.

The Parents Television Council, a non-profit organization that advocates responsible entertainment, is blasting the red-haired singer for “cold, calculated execution of murder” in her latest video, reports TMZ.
The council is outraged at Rihanna’s suggestion that killing a rapist is a proper form of justice and doesn’t agree with her rationale that it sends “a very strong underlying message 4 girls like me.”
“If Chris Brown shot a woman in his new video and BET premiered it, the world would stop. Rihanna should not get a pass,” said PTC, who also chided BET for airing the video.

The group previously took issue with Rihanna and Britney Spears’ opening performance of “S&M” at the Billboard Music Awards, likening it to a “Vegas stripper show.”