Resident Evil 4 (Remake) - March 24th, 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Reactions: Marty McFourth

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've not played any remakes are the graphics that much better? Honestly haven't played to many RE games period but enjoyed the ones I played.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've not played any remakes are the graphics that much better? Honestly haven't played to many RE games period but enjoyed the ones I played.
I have played the GameCube Version of 1 which was outstanding and the graphics were much better. I played through the RE2 remake as well graphics were updated and they changed some things around in the game as well so it felt fresh.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: John McHenry

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yes they are. and RE2 Remake is a legit A+ game imo

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
They are completely different games, they used the same general story but the graphics engine is brand new.

I just played the chainsaw demo for RE4 and bloody hell this is going to be a masterpiece
:banderas2
you just can't be mad at Capcom for producing so many remakes when they are this good.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Bought 2 and 3 Yesterday xbox has it on sale for $14.99
robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson.gif

RE2 is great but don't expect too much from RE3 afterwards, it's a more action-packed, fast-paced game and it's a bit short. I still love playing it once in a while.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
idk why 3 gets so much hate. Sure it's different from the original but it's still fun as hell.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Chainsaw Demo pretty much sold me on the game. Just being able to go at my own pace in the opening section really lets you take in the attention to detail and love Capcom has put in to this remake. I already feel like the atmosphere is leagues ahead of the original rather than a step back, which is really nice to see. Village part of RE4 at the bginning is easily my favourite so seeing how much justice they've done towards it makes me really excited for this.

Also I feel like Leon feels like a much more grounded and realistic character whilst keeping some of his wit still. They've done a great job with his character.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I really like how different even the first encounter is in the house. There being a whole basement section to it with the flashlight and everything. 100x more atmospheric and I love what they've done with it. Literally as soon as I got to that part I was like "Yeah I'm buying this game"

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yeah the basement part and the first enemy were creepy as hell, I love it.

idk why 3 gets so much hate.
It is very short. I never played the original so i didn't have anything to compare it to but I know they cut a lot of content and it did feel like it wasn't exactly worth 70€ when I first got it.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I was so sad when the Demo finished :sadbecky Good sign though! I'm glad you can play it as much as you like, no time limit is dope. I've just been wandering about in it a few times just taking in the enviornments. Even on Base PS4 it looks insane. I was watching somebody play it on Steam and there's so many graphical options, looks like an awesome port. You can even change the hair strands on Leon. :lol

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Still don't get the shortness complaint. The speed run record for RE3 is 48 minutes and RE2's record is 51 minutes.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Still don't get the shortness complaint. The speed run record for RE3 is 48 minutes and RE2's record is 51 minutes.
A 3h game for 70€ just isn't up to today's standards. At least with old RE games, even if you can finish them under 3h when you know them b y heart, your first playthrough took way longer than that because of the puzzles and the difficulty.