Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
There was a jizz thread dedicated to him by some member mong.
I didn't start it but I was a rider on the Roman train (still am actually, might be the conductor now D'Z got lost in that tragic orphanage incident damn Mexican Mafia.)

As for the OP I'll repeat the general perspective some people view him as being pushed too much too soon. The evolution has been interesting however they seem to be deliberately playing the audience for polar reactions. Roman is Cena v2, just gotta roll with the punches people will come round eventually like they have with Cena.

Billc

Jobber
Reaction score
I didn't start it but I was a rider on the Roman train (still am actually, might be the conductor now D'Z got lost in that tragic orphanage incident damn Mexican Mafia.)

As for the OP I'll repeat the general perspective some people view him as being pushed too much too soon. The evolution has been interesting however they seem to be deliberately playing the audience for polar reactions. Roman is Cena v2, just gotta roll with the punches people will come round eventually like they have with Cena.

You know that's interesting you say "people will come round eventually". Someone told me that Cena when he first started (I wasn't watching then) hardly ever won. I was told he had something to do with "chain gang" or something.

Billc

Jobber
Reaction score

I like Reigns or should I say Joseph too. And the other two. I wasn't crazy about the Shields. I like them being separate.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
To Seabs's point - good to see you back brother - look at what Roman's heat has done in the last year...

-Feuded with a beloved AJ Styles who proved himself in the WWE to be a main-event caliber guy, and was rarely more over than in that feud
-Lost clean to a baby face Finn Balor to get Balor over really big on arrival
-Lost clean to Seth Rollins right before the face turn and gave him huge momentum heading into it
-Have put Braun Strowman over huge, to the point where even modern day wrestling fans can get behind Strowman as a megastar
-Had his annoying Rumble moment make us happy to see a random Orton rumble win
-Moment #72 where they could have really pushed Rusev as a face in a similar way

He's a heel, hence the sig. WWE has done a shockingly good job using this heat for good.

Reactions: Solidus1 and seabs

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
To Seabs's point - good to see you back brother - look at what Roman's heat has done in the last year...

-Feuded with a beloved AJ Styles who proved himself in the WWE to be a main-event caliber guy, and was rarely more over than in that feud
-Lost clean to a baby face Finn Balor to get Balor over really big on arrival
-Lost clean to Seth Rollins right before the face turn and gave him huge momentum heading into it
-Have put Braun Strowman over huge, to the point where even modern day wrestling fans can get behind Strowman as a megastar
-Had his annoying Rumble moment make us happy to see a random Orton rumble win
-Moment #72 where they could have really pushed Rusev as a face in a similar way

He's a heel, hence the sig. WWE has done a shockingly good job using this heat for good.

Yup, Roman is great.

Reactions: Red Rain

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I would add to Snowman's list the finish of Survivor Series, where it was Reigns against both Orton and Wyatt and, with Wyatt being such a strong loser (he literally has a 30% win record in WWE) the natural assumption was that Reigns would win. You can literally hear the crowd being pissed off to see Roman in essentially the same situation that Cena was with the Nexus. Then Wyatt took him out with Sister Abigail and the crowd popped huge.

That match began the protection of Sister Abigail that has been the source of a major Bray Wyatt push. Since then Wyatt has lost only 2 matches, one at Wrestlemania and one in returning the favour to Reigns.

In this instance I really believe that WWE know what they're doing with Reigns. They have a white hot anti-villain, a starmaker in Reigns that can launch anybody to the top because it's Roman Reigns, nobody beats Roman Reigns and everybody watches expecting nobody to beat Roman Reigns.