Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think that while he was liked in the Shield, without it, he lost a lot about his character that worked. Now he looks like a guy who is trying to leech on the Shield. He has the "Believe that" catchphrase, instead of being a Hound of Justice he is the Big Dog, same theme, and attire, etc. Plus, Seth and Dean did stuff different with their gimmicks and presentation to build themselves on their own. The Authorities' poster-boy with Seth and the Lunatic Fringe with Dean. Not to mention Seth and Dean waited a bit before they were thrust to the main event and had a lot of time to develop. Dean was an IC Champ before winning the WWE title, Seth was Mr. MITB for a long while and was a center-piece of Raw and used the time to prove himself as a major part of the show, Roman didn't do those things and he even missed like four months due to injury. And, they didn't change plans with his injury and this was around the time Daniel Bryan came back and the fans, who wanted him in the Rumble last year and were sad over him not being able to see his title reign through, wanted to see him rise again in a literal Dream Match at Mania between him and Brock Lesnar of Beast vs Underdog (or Goat). All this spelled disaster for Roman at the Royal Rumble and we've been salty ever since.

I actually forgot about the Rumble thing. I honestly never been a fan of his. I never hated him but I never liked him either. I always liked Seth. Back then everyone was about Roman until they seen Roman getting better treatment then the smaller guys.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
If Roman Reigns would of won the Royal Rumble in 2014 instead of 2015 by eliminating Batista, then people would be humming a much different tune today.

Reactions: SWL and Nikki Nitro

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
never told anyone what to do or say, just mentioned the reasoning to why it is how it is
That doesn't answer my question...

Is it possible for someone other than an uneducated 12 year old to
respect Reigns as a performer and understand that the booking and
writing caused most of his problems...
But...
to not like him and choose not to watch him?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't like the Miz. [HASHTAG]#IgnoreMiz[/HASHTAG]

Most people don't like that I don't like him. I get what you mean. You are not saying he is "bad", just that you don't like him. Yeah?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was moreso responding to that:
Or should everyone stop booing and cheer Roman...just the WWE
wants us to do?
but let's be real for a second here. "to not like him and choose not to watch him?" Every person watching WWE is watching Roman Reigns. You cannot not watch him, you know? If so you'd have to sleep on the entire main event of Summerslam this year. And practically every main feud on Raw all the time.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't like the Miz. [HASHTAG]#IgnoreMiz[/HASHTAG]

Most people don't like that I don't like him. I get what you mean. You are not saying he is "bad", just that you don't like him. Yeah?
Watching wrestling just seems less...frustrating without worrying about Roman...

I know the WWE is 110% set on making him their "top guy" which is fine...but
that doesn't mean I have to like or watch him.

The same way people ignore the women's division...I choose to ignore Roman
and anything he's involved with.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Watching wrestling just seems less...frustrating without worrying about Roman...

I know the WWE is 110% set on making him their "top guy" which is fine...but
that doesn't mean I have to like or watch him.

The same way people ignore the women's division...I choose to ignore Roman
and anything he's involved with.

I did the same thing with Miz for years. I just don't like him.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And practically every main feud on Raw all the time.
I haven't watched a single Roman match or segment since the Royal Rumble this year...

It is quite easy to not watch someone...you change the channel or turn the volume
down and focus your attention on something else.

Just because Roman is there doesn't mean I'm paying attention...in fact...most of
the time when Roman appears...that's my piss break moment.

You seem to think just because Roman is on the screen every fan HAS to pay
attention and focus on him...well...they don't.

Its a choice...

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Like said above. Pushed too hard too soon, before he really got over as a solo competitor.

I have no doubt he is a hard worker. He probably works 300 days a year. But he had such a limited move set. The spear is boring when over used à la Goldberg. And quite frankly the Superman punch is just lame as crap. It's not the kind of move that sells him as a dangerous competitor.

His ring gear is also a tired look and I think a change might help him.

The list is pretty long and it's been covered well in the posts above. I could on but the ones I rehashed are the ones that bother me personally.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I can't stand Owens. I call him "two belly". The way he acted Tuesday, Shane should have fined and suspended him. A big baby.
I always say he has a litter of kittens in his belly. :kitler:

• Haha
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Billc

Jobber
Reaction score
People don't like him for the silliest reasons. That dude is the MAN. Better get used to seeing him for years to come.
Yes I very much agree. I like all three members of the former shields. Rollins character wasn't liked for a while, but they all three can wrestle and that's entertaining. Cena, I don't get it. dancing and waving your hand and falling on someone after bouncing from rope to rope; well he can't wrestle.

But I guess it's Reign's yard.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Yes I very much agree. I like all three members of the former shields. Rollins character wasn't liked for a while, but they all three can wrestle and that's entertaining. Cena, I don't get it. dancing and waving your hand and falling on someone after bouncing from rope to rope; well he can't wrestle.

But I guess it's Reign's yard.

LOL is this guy for real? He seems like a forum gimmick.

Reactions: Death Walker