Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Billc

Jobber
Reaction score
It seems for some reason a lot of people don't like Roman Reigns. What did he do or not do to deserve this?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
He was pushed too hard too soon.
Bingo...we have a winner...

Plus he's cut some truly awful promos that
most of fans seem to have forgotten about...

I haven't...and I never will...

Jack & the Beanstalk...
Sufferin Succotash...
Dried up Prunes...
Tater Tots...

On the positive side...I respect Reigns as
a performer and he is capable of putting
on a solid match depending on who his
opponent is.

I just stopped watching him because I find
him boring, predictable and over-pushed.

Here is an interesting piece on the subject...

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I have nothing against Reigns, at WM he showed that he could tell an awesome story with a match. He carried (literally and otherwise) the undertaker through the entire match and he definitely won my respect.

That said, his booking is cringeworthy and unwatchable. Extremely repetitive too.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
People only hate on Reigns cuz they are sheep. They like to follow what others do to feel like they fit in and are apart of some movement.

While this might actually be true for some or even most of the people, it's as unfair to characterize everyone that dislikes Reigns as "sheep" as it would be if I claimed that the only reason you like him is because others dislike him and you feel a psychological need to be contrarian to that group. I could then defend that opinion based off the characteristics of your posts about Roman which reveal basic psychological traits of the contrarian, all evident in your posts. However, I don't personally know you more than interacting with you online. For the most part I actually like you quite a bit, in spite of the Roman obsession. So, even though my assessment (and if you want, I can go over an in depth diagnosis) would be scientifically sound, it would be unfair of me to state that this is your reason for liking Roman Reigns because YOU are the only person who can make that distinction, just like those of us who don't like him are the only ones who can decide for ourselves why we don't. Sweeping generalizations are almost always wrong.

This point has been made over and over and over and over and over and over but certain people keep ignoring it. A lot of the hate towards Reigns has nothing to do with him and everything to do with him being pushed before many fans think he is ready. Regardless, though, it's blatantly rude to discount the opinions of other people by referring to them as "sheep" simply because they dislike one of your favorite wrestlers. I personally find it very offensive. I have several times said exactly why I dislike him: the dumb vest, the overuse of the Superman punch, cocking his fist and roaring before the he spears.

So please don't group EVERYONE into the same group because I personally do not make my decisions off who or what I like due to other people's opinions. Hell, if I did, Jeff Jarrett wouldn't be my second favorite wrestler of all time because it seems that even Roman Reigns is more popular than he is.

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
he had a really bad start into the main event scene and people are still bitter about it.
You see, people were really behind Reigns at first, after the shield broke up he probably got the best reactions on the whole roster but then they kinda turned on him when he won the Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan, which was the right call by the E in hindsight because Bryan's head was really injury prone as shown after Mania when he was forced to leave again. The other instances are just dumb little slip ups by WWE themselves which they've always had on other people too. And none of it is particularly Reigns' fault but I guess bad timing cost him.
I just find it a bit pathetic how people praise someone like the Undertaker to death, even though Taker was no different to Reigns at all. People don't want to accept this but the Undertaker is really bad on the stick and that's why he had the character he had, simply so he wouldn't have to talk as much. If you look back on old internet posts from during that time, you'll surprisingly see a lot of people hating on the Undertaker for (back then) sloppy in-ring work and bad mic skills. That's why I think WWE doesn't bother with the internet anymore because #1 they know their business better than anyone else, #2 they know what Reigns is capable of and #3 one day people will respect him one way or another, just like they did with the Undertaker and the man himself John Cena.

I'll end it on this: uneducated 12 year olds will tell you that he sucks in the ring and on the mic and that they should push some vanilla midget to the top simply because "all the other people said he was great in the indies" and educated people will tell you that they picked the right guy, they just had bad luck because people wanted Bryan to win that 1 rumble.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
uneducated 12 year olds will tell you that he sucks in the ring and on the mic and that they should push some vanilla midget to the top simply because "all the other people said he was great in the indies" and educated people will tell you that they picked the right guy, they just had bad luck because people wanted Bryan to win that 1 rumble.
Is it possible for someone other than an uneducated 12 year old to
respect Reigns as a performer and understand that the booking and
writing caused most of his problems...
But...
to not like him and choose not to watch him?

Or should everyone stop booing and cheer Roman...just the WWE
wants us to do?

I mean I can understand why some fans like Roman...I just don't...

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
never told anyone what to do or say, just mentioned the reasoning to why it is how it is

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
While this might actually be true for some or even most of the people, it's as unfair to characterize everyone that dislikes Reigns as "sheep" as it would be if I claimed that the only reason you like him is because others dislike him and you feel a psychological need to be contrarian to that group. I could then defend that opinion based off the characteristics of your posts about Roman which reveal basic psychological traits of the contrarian, all evident in your posts. However, I don't personally know you more than interacting with you online. For the most part I actually like you quite a bit, in spite of the Roman obsession. So, even though my assessment (and if you want, I can go over an in depth diagnosis) would be scientifically sound, it would be unfair of me to state that this is your reason for liking Roman Reigns because YOU are the only person who can make that distinction, just like those of us who don't like him are the only ones who can decide for ourselves why we don't. Sweeping generalizations are almost always wrong.

This point has been made over and over and over and over and over and over but certain people keep ignoring it. A lot of the hate towards Reigns has nothing to do with him and everything to do with him being pushed before many fans think he is ready. Regardless, though, it's blatantly rude to discount the opinions of other people by referring to them as "sheep" simply because they dislike one of your favorite wrestlers. I personally find it very offensive. I have several times said exactly why I dislike him: the dumb vest, the overuse of the Superman punch, cocking his fist and roaring before the he spears.

So please don't group EVERYONE into the same group because I personally do not make my decisions off who or what I like due to other people's opinions. Hell, if I did, Jeff Jarrett wouldn't be my second favorite wrestler of all time because it seems that even Roman Reigns is more popular than he is.

845ad58d91b2a929f36ef1bcff7513a987eddd1ad876cc4995c59fb995b26359.jpg

U should know by now u can't ever take everything I say on here in literal terms.

But when it comes to me being a die hard Roman Reigns fan now, it's simple, all u gotta do is look at his matches for the past. He's always the highlight of the show. Summerslam is coming up, and I guarantee the Fatal 4 Way is gonna steal the show. Reigns is the supreme main event, we haven't seen a wrestler be able to pull of consistent great main events like Reigns since Stone Cold in my opinion.

Reactions: Death Walker

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
There are a few reasons really...

There is a leaching system in the WWE like many other businesses where it pays to be related to the right people. Roman Reigns being related to the Rock, the Usos, ect. helped him get his foot in the door A LOT faster than someone who knew no one or was related to no one who was previously in the WWE. Some fans find this utter BS because they can see how unfair it is to other wrestlers and they also see the differences in terms of treatment being upheld based on relation.

Another reason, as Botchie said, was down to him being pushed to hard to fast. The push he got was partially to do with his relations, I am sure, BUT it was also thanks to the fans. What fans? These fans: Favorite member of the Shield When you look back in 2013, he was the favorite in The Shield and that is only ONE thread for example where Reigns was shown to be most liked. There are plenty others where people basically jiggle in his lap.

And lastly, we all have someone we like to boo and for some people, that is Roman Reigns.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
BUT it was also thanks to the fans. What fans? These fans: Favorite member of the Shield When you look back in 2013, he was the favorite in The Shield and that is only ONE thread for example where Reigns was shown to be most liked. There are plenty others where people basically jiggle in his lap.

see, I think that speaks for itself. He just was the most popular and therefor they went with it. Logical thinking.
You mentioned that it's because he's related to other wrestlers even though there have been dozens of related wrestlers that got nowhere. Ffs, Roman's own brother didn't get special treatment even though they have the exact same family. People like Natalya, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt didn't get the main guy spot even though they have the lineage. I'm not gonna say that it doesn't help you, because it does. But it's a really small part of being successful in the business. So small that I find it funny that some people (not looking at you) see it as a main reason to hate on him. It's not like he didn't have to go through physicals and everything they ask of any other guy that walks into the PC nowadays. Anyways, I didn't want this to be as long as it is. sry

Reactions: Solid Snake

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
There are a few reasons really...

There is a leaching system in the WWE like many other businesses where it pays to be related to the right people. Roman Reigns being related to the Rock, the Usos, ect. helped him get his foot in the door A LOT faster than someone who knew no one or was related to no one who was previously in the WWE. Some fans find this utter BS because they can see how unfair it is to other wrestlers and they also see the differences in terms of treatment being upheld based on relation.

Another reason, as Botchie said, was down to him being pushed to hard to fast. The push he got was partially to do with his relations, I am sure, BUT it was also thanks to the fans. What fans? These fans: Favorite member of the Shield When you look back in 2013, he was the favorite in The Shield and that is only ONE thread for example where Reigns was shown to be most liked. There are plenty others where people basically jiggle in his lap.

And lastly, we all have someone we like to boo and for some people, that is Roman Reigns.

I think that while he was liked in the Shield, without it, he lost a lot about his character that worked. Now he looks like a guy who is trying to leech on the Shield. He has the "Believe that" catchphrase, instead of being a Hound of Justice he is the Big Dog, same theme, and attire, etc. Plus, Seth and Dean did stuff different with their gimmicks and presentation to build themselves on their own. The Authorities' poster-boy with Seth and the Lunatic Fringe with Dean. Not to mention Seth and Dean waited a bit before they were thrust to the main event and had a lot of time to develop. Dean was an IC Champ before winning the WWE title, Seth was Mr. MITB for a long while and was a center-piece of Raw and used the time to prove himself as a major part of the show, Roman didn't do those things and he even missed like four months due to injury. And, they didn't change plans with his injury and this was around the time Daniel Bryan came back and the fans, who wanted him in the Rumble last year and were sad over him not being able to see his title reign through, wanted to see him rise again in a literal Dream Match at Mania between him and Brock Lesnar of Beast vs Underdog (or Goat). All this spelled disaster for Roman at the Royal Rumble and we've been salty ever since.

Reactions: Solid Snake