Professor Booty's 100 Favorite TV Characters of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wings is another great show that I feel more people should watch, and Weber was a big part of its success, along with Thomas Haden Church. It's A Living rocked as well, and Kreppel was great in it. I can't believe that show isn't on DVD because of stupid song licensing rights. That's a travesty.

Never really watched Underdog but he always makes me think of Underdog Lady AKA the psycho bitch who thinks she's a real life Underdog. She used to make me howl when she was a guest on Howard Stern. The Prof is the man, as is Benson. Actually, Benson is another of my all time favourite characters, Guillaume was so damn good in that role.

Magnum is great, as I mentioned yesterday and hooray for Grandpa Munster. He always made me laugh when I was a kid and The Munsters > The Addams Family as far as I'm concerned. McCoy is another classic tv character played to perfection by Waterston. He made me forget how good Moriarty's Ben Stone was when he took over the role and I'd say he's the one person most synonymous with Law and Order, or at least tied with Jerry Orbach. Nice addition from Red Dwarf, I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid and yes, News Radio was never the same after Hartman died.

Good stuff here, can't wait to see who's next.

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
The last twenty entries were pure gold. Some of the characters I had never heard of but the ones I did were definitely deserving. Sandford, Baio and Ames, Flint, and my favorite of all of them, Magnum. Looking forward to more of the list.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
troy I would have expected u to mark out for Chibs

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Good shout on Mr. Humphries & Lister, same with Chibbs.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Cast of the Drew Carey Show
castpic2.jpg

played by Diedrich Bader, Craig Ferguson, Christine Miller, Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Katherine Kinney on The Drew Carey Show.
During it's peak The Drew Carey Show was a monster and the chemistry of this ensemble was off the hook. Stiles, Bader, & Ferguson stood out to me and were my favorites but it was as a whole that this cast was off the charts awesome.

David Puddy
david+puddy.jpg

played by Patrick Warburton on Seinfeld
The last Seinfeld character to make my list is the role that first brought Mr Warburton to TV. He pretty much stole every seen he was in as the dimwitted but unflappable Puddy. Warburton has had many great roles but this is his best.

Gil Grissom & Leroy Jethro Gibbs
William-Peterson-as-Grissom.jpg
mark-harmon-ncis-gibbs.jpg

played by William Peterson on CSI & Mark Harmon on NCIS
Two great performances by two great actors. Both no nonsense and tough as nails but very much caring. They risk life and limb to protect their team and both actors excelled as their characters had to deal with losing a member of their team. Hard to choose a favorite between these two so I will just give them a tie and call it good.

Sam Malone
dansoncheers.jpg

played by Ted Danson on Cheers
The most iconic bar in Boston is where Sam Malone made his home and Danson knocked it out of the park as the former pitcher turned bar owner. Malone was smooth and cool and Danson didn't miss a beat when he had to swap Shelly Long for Kirstie Alley.

Kenny Powers
kenny-powers-1024.jpg

played by Danny McBride on East Bound & Down
Brash, Arrogant, Ignorant, & Loud Mouthed are words you can use to describe the ex ProPitcher turned substitute teacher turned cock fighter turned....who knows what next...and they would all be right...Powers is a giant douchebag and McBride is spot on in the role and if you don't like it well.....YOUR FUCKIN OUT!

Herb Tarlek
Herb%20Tarlek.jpg

played by Frank Bonner on WKRP in Cincinatti
My favorite sitcom from the 80's is without a doubt and I will always love the tacky suit wearing slimeball Herb.

Mel
gfju38l21wtujf3t.jpg

played by Vic Tayback on Alice
Mel was mean and grouchy and really the only character I really liked from Alice. Tayback was born to play that part and he did it amazingly well. RIP.

Minister Kareem Said
kareem-said.jpg

played by Eamonn Walker on Oz
The brilliance that Walker exuded as Said is off the charts. The evolution of Said from quiet, confident leader, to radical, to outcast, then to empowered and full of rage is all done so well by Walker that it is impossible to not include him. He is one of the most complex and enthralling characters on a series full of them.

Sgt. Zeke Anderson
terence-knox-tour-of-duty-11.jpg

played by Terrence Knox on Tour of Duty
A hugely underrated show that was on in the late 90s Tour of Duty was full of great actors and characters. My favorite was Knox as Zeke the been through it all badass Sgt of the focal Platoon of the show. Knox would never get a chance to shine like this again sadly but I do own the DVDs of this show and they do still hold up today.

Angel
wallpaper_9189.jpg

played by David Boreanaz on Buffy The Vampire Slayer & Angel
A vampire with a soul that feels guilt for all the bad shit he has done and wants nothing more then to do his best to make up for it. When I started watching this show I had just gone through a period of my life where I was fucked up and did some bad shit to good people...so it made me relate to Angel...a ton. Also the fact that he was badass and even more so when he lost his soul and become Angellus. He was just a dark deep character that Boreanaz really kicked ass as.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Loving the last entry. Drew Carey is one of my favourite shows so that gets two thumbs up from me as does Puddy. Question, will we be seeing Dick Solomon on this list?

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Loving the last entry. Drew Carey is one of my favourite shows so that gets two thumbs up from me as does Puddy. Question, will we be seeing Dick Solomon on this list?

sadly no I never really watched 3rd Rock...but Lithgow did almost make it for his role on Dexter a few years back

Swinny

Reaction score
The cast of the Drew Carey Show, Puddy and Kenny Powers. Awesome entries.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
glad you liked them and hope you saw the other set I posted earlier today...I did two cuz I was feeling it

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
troy I would have expected u to mark out for Chibs

I did, but I didn't feel the need to mention it. Mainly cause as I was trying to type Zoey was knocking my hands away and I kept forgetting what I was trying to type. :lol:

I am shocked that Sam Malone is that far down the list. I would have thought he would be higher. You are bringing a lot of great ones up that I have forgotten about. Mel was fantastic, as was Herb. Damn, this list is getting good.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Greg Sanders & Ryan Wolfe
z208071326.bmp
ryan_wolfe.jpg

played by Eric Szmanda on CSI and Jonathan Togo on CSI: Miami
Sanders was the quirky lab guy that became the quirky funny field agent and he just always made me laugh. Wolfe was the replacement who always seems to find himself teetering on the line of the law.

The Cast of Kitchen Confidential
picture-1.png

played by Nicholas Brendon, Owain Yeoman, John Francis Daly, John Cho, Bonnie Somerville, Bradley Cooper, & Jamie King
I fuckin loved this show....even if it only lasted a few episodes before Fox was dumb and canceled it. I own the DVD of the entire first season and it was truly entertaining. All the actors where great and have had no issues getting work since. I just think it was to bad this show didn't get the run it deserved.

Rossi & Hotch
Hotch+and+Rossi.jpg

played by Joe Mantegna & Thomas Gibson on Criminal Minds
I much prefer Rossi to Mandy Patinkin's Gideon on CI, the role is just so perfect for Mantegna but then again he is an amazing actor. Hotch is tough as they come and has endured so much on the show but still stays strong and moves on. The two best characters on a great great show.

Brian
Brian-Griffin-family-guy-19638131-800-600.png

voiced by Seth McFarlane on Family Guy
A boozehound literally Brian is the only sane part of the Griffin Family. And well he is a talking dog. He has the best one liners and is a dog that gets to bag human females. What is not to love?

Schneider
dwayne_f_schneider.jpg

played by Pat Harrington on One Day at a Time
The wisecracking super on this pretty crappy 80's sitcom has always stuck in my head and I can only imagine because he was mildly funny and had that epic as fuck mustache.

Becker
becker.jpg

played by Ted Danson on Becker
The polar opposite of Sam Malone and played with the same amount of conviction and awesomeness. Becker was a miserable ahole of a doctor and I loved every second of it. Ted Danson really can do no wrong.

Lowell Mather & Antonio Scarpacci
wings7_4.jpg
1095795_208x231.jpg

played by Thomas Haden Church & Tony Shaloub on Wings
Two more great characters from the awesome Wings...Lowell the dumb as a rock but lovable mechanic and Antonio the wisecracking and endearing local Taxi Cab driver..def two amazing actors with legendary performances.

Ralph Wiggum
ralph_wiggum.jpg

voiced by Nancy Cartwright on The Simpsons
I swear to god if I have to explain why Ralph Wiggum is awesome...I will burn this place to the ground

Max Headroom
MaxHeadroom_promopic.jpg

played by Matt Frewer on Max Headroom
Never has a TV pitchman become so awesome. I was obsessed with Headroom in the 80s...fuckin loved him and all his shows.

Gonzo & Fozzie
206-13.jpg

voiced by Dave Goelz & Fozzie Bear on The Muppet Show
I love the Muppets and on TV or in Movies as a kid Fozzie & Gonzo were my favorites. But as I got older I grew to love two others more...they will show up later on.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Angel making the list is FTW. One of my favorites for sure. Great looking list thus far, sir.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
41 thru 47 are all I know, but they are pretty damn good. Love that Becker made the top 50.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Never heard of Kitchen Confidential, but what a great cast, how did that fail?

Hooray for Ralph!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Can't speak too much on the two CSI guys as I've never seen a single episode of the show, but if you vouch for them I'm sure they're cool. Same goes for Kitchen Confidential, though I've read the book by Anthony Bourdain so if its based on that it could be pretty cool.

Rossi and Hotch are cool, though I think they could have gotten seperate entries. I wonder if there's still some more Criminal Minds characters yet to come? Brian is probably my favourite character on Family Guy, or at least he was when I still watched it. Schneider is one of my all time favourites and yes, the moustache rocks.

Becker is a great character, though I prefer Danson in other shows. I think its more that I didn't like the people around him, but he still managed to make the role work great. Lowell and Antonio are two of the great unsung characters from a great show (I've said it before, Wings really did rule) and hey, who doesn't love Ralph Wiggum?

I used to think Max Headroom was pretty creepy as a kid, but at the same time I couldn't turn my head away from him. Finally, nice addition with Gonzo & Fozzie, but you know who my two faves are, or you should since I'm pretty sure they're the same as yours.