Professor Booty's 100 Favorite TV Characters of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Chandler Bing

Chandler-Bing-friends-19337888-510-383.jpg

played by Matthew Perry on Friends
Wether or not you liked friends that much you have to admit Perry was great as Bing the only really likable character on that shot imo. Perry is aces as the sarcastic and wisecracking Chandler.

Barney Fife & Mr Furley

donknotts.jpg
don.jpg

both played by Don Knotts on Andy Griffith & Three's Company
Don Knotts was a brilliant comedic actor who was lovable as Fife & Furley. Really there isn't much else to say about Knotts he was truly one of a kind.

Zack Morris

153138__zach_l.jpg

played by Mark-Paul Gosselaar on Saved by The Bell
He could stop time, had the biggest cell phone ever, and got Kelly Kapowski. I wanted to be Zack Morris....hell I still do.

Det Mike Logan

Logan_Prescription_for_Death.jpg

played by Chris Noth on Law & Order & Law & Order Criminal Intent
Gritty tough cop who was the best thing about L&O for it's first couple seasons. The chemistry with he and Orbach was off the charts.

Peter Potamus

Peter_Potamus_by_MikePetrucci.jpg

voiced by Chris Edgerly on Harvey Birdman:Attorny at Law
never has a bit cartoon character meant so much to me...and never has a catch phrase been a part of my life for so long...
"You get that thing I sentcha?"

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Was never a big Friends fan (actually to be honest I think the show sucks) but I can't argue that Perry is the only character on the show that made me laugh. Nice to see Don Knotts get on here, I always loved both Barney Fife and Mr. Furley, truly great characters. Was also not the biggest fan of Saved by the Bell but I did like Morris and yes, that cellphone was a fucking brick!

Mike Logan was a great character and Noth played him perfectly. I liked when he came back and did Criminal Intent but there's no replacing the Orbach/Noth combination if you ask me, pure perfection. I didn't even need the "Did you get that thing I sent you" caption at the top of the Potamus pick, as soon as I saw him it was the first thing I thought of.

Good stuff, can't wait to see how the rest turns out.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
As a huge Friends fan I love the Chandler love.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
loving the list. Loved zack on saved by the bell and chandler Bing on friends and noths isn't to shabby either

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Xander & Faith

tumblr_lzl99sBEqU1qgux4ho1_400.jpg
faith.jpg

played by Nicholas Brendon & Eliza Dushku on Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Xander is me tbh there has never been a tv character that is more like me then him, and Faith was just the badass chick of my dreams.

Mr Roper

405246-roper_large.jpg

played by Norman Fell on Three's Company & The Roper's
Bar none the greatest facial expressions in TV history

Captain Caveman

Captain_caveman.jpg

voiced by Mel Blanc on Captain Caveman & The Teen Angels & The Flintstone Comedy Show
unga bunga

Rick & AJ Simon

simonvig.JPG

played by Gerald McRaney & Jameson Parker
Def my favorite crime fighting tv show of the 80's

Dan Connor

Dan-Conner.jpg

played by John Goodman on Roseanne
if you can make me watch show that Roseanne Barr is in season after season then you have to be good...Connor was the dad we all wanted and Goodman was superb

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Never watched Buffy so cannot comment but Dushku is pretty hot there so good choice! Mr. Roper is one of my favourite characters and I have always liked him just a little better than Mr. Furley. You're right about the facial expressions too, I loved how he always looked at the camera after insulting his wife. lol:

Captain Caveman just took me on a trip down memory lane, as did the inclusion of Simon and Simon. That's yet another show that a lot of people don't seem to remember but its really great. I think I may watch a little Simon and Simon tomorrow. Finally, Goodman is one of two reasons why I watched Roseanne (the other being Laurie Metcalfe) and he is awesome. Dan's a great character made even greater by the performance of a guy who is truly an underrated talent.

Only 10 left, wonder who'll be on it?

Castiel

Reaction score
Chandler was a great character for wise cracks, always a highlight of the show. I never expected to see Zack Morris on the list but he's a very welcomed addition! All your points on him are valid, more important then being able to stop time is the fact that he got Kelly Kapowski. Lucky guy... Xander is the absolute man! One of my favorites of the list so far, and yes, Faith kicked ass and was hot as hell! Hated Roseanne but I love Goodman!

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Sledgehammer

sledgehammer1.jpg

played by David Rascher on Sledgehammer
Very few people are gonna know this one...but the ones that do know why. A show that was a decade before it's time it was a spoof on the one hour cop shows and Rascher was amazing as Sledge

Dr Cox

64871.jpg

played by John C McGinley on Scrubs
The sarcastic king of insults made Scrubs and the fact that he made Zack Braff's JD's life hell made it all that much better

Archer

archer-season2.jpg

voiced by H Jon Benjamin on Archer
One watch and you realize that this isn't your typical cartoon or your typical secret agent...in a short time Archer has become one of my alltime favorites

Barney Stinson

barney-stinson-bro-code.jpg

played by Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother
honestly there is no explanation needed

Lem

the-shield-season-5-20070326045713325-001.jpg

played by Kenny Johnson on The Shield
Lem was the heart and soul of The Shield. One of my favorite shows of all time. On a show where the main character has such a loose grasp on morality Lem was what him grounded and the Strike Force likable

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sledgehammer was definitely one of my favourite shows growing up and the character was totally awesome. They used to air re-runs on a local channel here even up to a year or so ago and I always watched it. McGinley as Cox is the only reason you'll ever hear me mention Scrubs since you know my hatred for another actor in that show.

Never watched Archer but I'm intrigued by your description so I'm going to do that shortly. The same can be said for HIMYM, a show I have literally seen two episodes of because I couldn't stand it. Yep, call me crazy, I'm just not into it, but I do love NPH so I'm cool with him being here. As for Lem, there's not much more I can say except you're right, he was easily my favourite character on another great show.

Only five more to go and I am seriously grasping at straws here, can't wait to see the rest.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Glad u share my love for Lem...Shield is easily one of my 3 favorite dramas of all time and Lem was the soul of it all..

And I am thinking u will dig archer...great cast and great humor..

Not hard to see why u dislike HYMMM the main character is a weiner and very unlikable but the rest of the cast rules

I have Sledge on DVD..so I rule
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Castiel

Reaction score
Cox, Archer and Barney all in one post! Amazing additions!

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
alright time to finish this bad boy up

Hong Kong Phooey

HongKongPhooeyWallpaper800.jpg

voiced by Scatman Carothers on Hong Kong Phooey
my absolute favorite cartoon character as a kid loved him so much I got this
l.jpg

Murdock & Hannibal

tumblr_lknn8veOCp1qfgkwk.jpg

played by Dwight Schultz & George Peppard on The A-Team
One loves it when a plan comes together and the other one is howling mad. Love the A-Team and always will.

Butters

butters_by_invadersponge-d37tnlp.png

voiced by Matt Stone on South Park
Aww hamburgers...balls on his chin, finger Paris Hilton in a bear suit, catching his dad performing gay sex at a bath house, being a pimp, being a vampire, or finally snapping and becoming Prof Chaos...soooo how is Butters NOT awesome?

Ryan O'Reily

Ryan_O%2527Reily.png

played by Dean Winters on Oz
The ultimate king of survival in Oz O'Reily did what he had to to make it through. O'Reily is my hero and was played by Winters to perfection. But we all know Winters is awesome just watch his Allstate commercials

Dan Fielding

night-court-john-larroquette-2.jpg

played by John Laroquette on Night Court
the top five are so close that any of them could be number one but for me in the end I just remember all the hundreds of hours of one liners and awesomeness that Night Court gave me as a kid and to this day I can watch episodes all day...just a great show and Laroquette's Fielding was the best of the best.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Dan Fielding is a god. As is Barney.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Pretty awesome final five there sir. Hong Kong Phooey was an awesome cartoon and certainly one that I loved growing up as well, but you took it to another level with the tattoo. A-Team was another of my favourite shows and Hannibal is one of my all time favourite characters. I always liked Schulz better as Barclay on Star Trek: The Next Generation, but he was good as Murdoch as well. What did you think of Neeson and Copley's performances in the roles from the movie?

Butters is my second favourite character on South Park after only Randy Marsh. There's something really innocent about him that makes everything he does hilarious. Dean Winters is a pretty good choice too, dude is money in Oz. Finally, not much else can be said about Fielding, I have every episode of Night Court and still watch it all the time. Laroquette rules and its amazing that he got his start narrating the opening of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Fielding is his ultimate character, but I've also enjoyed him in everything else he's done.

Thanks for doing this Booty, it was a great trip down memory lane.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
no problem Fuji I knew the last few would get your approval and #1 I knew for sure you would be a ok with... any chance you wanna burn me Night Court DVDs?