Payback Payback 2014 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Card is absymal. If this was before the Network, I'm sure this PPV would receive one of the worst buyrates WWE have had. There are only two draws (Evolution/Shield & Cena/Wyatt) and they are both rematches, with little on the line at Payback. The Chicago crowd is going to bury it after that brilliant RAW they had a couple of months ago. Vince deserves the bad Network buys and poor TV deal, judging by the current product.

That WWE magazine Shield thing is fake btw.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
That WWE magazine Shield thing is fake btw.

7901a9f78ffc2c02253be3bcf81335f4.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah, it comes out mid-May... I've had the digital copy a little over a week.
I'll go peep it right now, I live 1 minute away from Barnes and Noble and 4 minutes from another bookstore.
Be back in a few and I'll let you guys know..
You don't think the Q&A is from an early viewing copy of the July issue though do ya? Sometimes they give them out early so they can get the WWE's thoughts or whatever on a final print.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'll go peep it right now, I live 1 minute away from Barnes and Noble and 4 minutes from another bookstore.
Be back in a few and I'll let you guys know..
You don't think the Q&A is from an early viewing copy of the July issue though do ya? Sometimes they give them out early so they can get the WWE's thoughts or whatever on a final print.

Not sure... awaiting your return news lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Okay so I just speedread through it, but definitely made sure I got every page's topics read and I definitely saw Chris Jericho being advertised as a potential MITB participant although it wasn't like as obvious as people make it out basically it's a list of people who are "due for a win at MITB due to appearances and no wins) ; him along with Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Christian each have like 4 - 6 appearances with no case I believe.

As for the Ambrose Q&A, I didn't see it nor was there any page resembling the layout of that picture for it to be photoshopped, not saying it wasn't just saying idk why you would photoshop a page that's not even remotely close to a page in the actual magazine but that's not the point. So honestly it being this close to Mid June and them already knowing how Payback will turn out results wise I personally believe it's either A) An Article in the July issue that got leaked from someone who gets an early viewing, or B) an article that was written 2-3 months ago when they were supposed to split up before the company decided they had a few more things they could be used for and that page was scrapped however someone had a picture of a draft and decided to leak it to cause controversy. Although I wouldn't rule Photoshopping out entirely, as that is very well always an option with pictures posted on the web.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Vince will decide on what's happening at Payback about a couple of hours before the show lol. Obviously PS'd.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Okay so I just speedread through it, but definitely made sure I got every page's topics read and I definitely saw Chris Jericho being advertised as a potential MITB participant although it wasn't like as obvious as people make it out basically it's a list of people who are "due for a win at MITB due to appearances and no wins) ; him along with Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Christian each have like 4 - 6 appearances with no case I believe.

As for the Ambrose Q&A, I didn't see it nor was there any page resembling the layout of that picture for it to be photoshopped, not saying it wasn't just saying idk why you would photoshop a page that's not even remotely close to a page in the actual magazine but that's not the point. So honestly it being this close to Mid June and them already knowing how Payback will turn out results wise I personally believe it's either A) An Article in the July issue that got leaked from someone who gets an early viewing, or B) an article that was written 2-3 months ago when they were supposed to split up before the company decided they had a few more things they could be used for and that page was scrapped however someone had a picture of a draft and decided to leak it to cause controversy. Although I wouldn't rule Photoshopping out entirely, as that is very well always an option with pictures posted on the web.

I don't know what to think anymore lol.... nothing seems real anymore *cries*

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I don't know what to think anymore lol.... nothing seems real anymore *cries*
Haha it very well could be photoshopped, I just don't know why you would create your own layout though instead of using one of the pages that are actually in the magazine, usually when photoshopping you take a real article and you edit out things to manipulate the look of it but that person if they did photoshop it and it wasn't an early draft of 2-3 months ago or an early viewing of July's that got leaked then that person is pretty silly.

We'll see on Sunday I suppose haha.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So... there are rumors of Bryan defending his title against Kane in a Buried Alive match at MITB.... so what does that mean for Sunday? If the rumors are true then Bryan won't give up his title.... does that mean Brie is taking some time off? Perhaps she's pregnant and this is the way of writing her out of everything... or perhaps Brie wrestles Steph for her job and beats her... I would actually love to see that lol.

What do you guys think?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So... there are rumors of Bryan defending his title against Kane in a Buried Alive match at MITB.... so what does that mean for Sunday? If the rumors are true then Bryan won't give up his title.... does that mean Brie is taking some time off? Perhaps she's pregnant and this is the way of writing her out of everything... or perhaps Brie wrestles Steph for her job and beats her... I would actually love to see that lol.

What do you guys think?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/479589-daniel-bryan-buried-alive-update
Crazy I was just reading the article myself.

Would make sense if Brie was pregnant, although wrestling Steph would be pretty kewl. Straight Divas version of Cody and Goldy wrestling for their jobs back.