Payback Payback 2014 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
payback.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Sunday Night, June 1 at 8/7c on PPV
United Kingdom: Monday Morning, June 2, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
The Allstate Arena
Chicago, IL

Match Card:

Kick Off: Hair vs Mask Match
0254a373338e1aa5d75e909c7c6a51ab.jpg

Hornswoggle vs El Dorito
El Torito pits his mask against Hornswoggle's hair on WWE Payback Kickoff, which airs exclusively on WWE Network this Sunday at 7:30 ET/4:30 PT.

6-Man Elimination, No Holds Barred Match
20140512_PaybackPreviewTripleH_Homepage.jpg

The Shield vs. Evolution
After topping Evolution in a match that had the WWE Universe chanting “This is awesome,” The Shield will look to prove themselves again against Triple H, Randy Orton & Batista in a massive No Holds Barred Elimination Match.

Last Man Standing Match
20140512_Payback_CenaBray_LIGHT_HP.jpg

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Bray Wyatt has poached John Cena’s supporters, threatened his legacy and vowed to take him on a trip from which there is no returning. At WWE Payback, the world will see just how far “The Eater of Worlds” is truly willing to go when he and the Cenation leader face off in a Last Man Standing Match.

Intercontinental Championship Match:
739ddf5da490464510ffe9756b5f6a42.jpg

Bad News Barrett(C) vs. Rob Van Dam
Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett will face one of the winningest Superstars in the title’s illustrious history, six-time champion Rob Van Dam, at WWE Payback on June 1.

Diva's Championship Match:
63102d835dba239dad51f9f4c7be2248.jpg

Paige(C) vs. Alicia Fox
The wild and unpredictable Alicia Fox will put Paige to the test at WWE Payback, live on WWE Network and pay-per-view. Can the unhinged challenger capture the 21-year-old’s butterfly-emblazoned prize?

United States Championship Match:
e9f9eec51feb3d57995135cfaf0d8950.jpg

Sheamus(C) vs. Cesaro w/Heyman
Switzerland's Cesaro will challenge the Dublin, Ireland-born United States Champion, Sheamus, at WWE Payback, capping off a series of hard-hitting contests between the two bruisers.​

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Card doesn't look too bad. Evolution/Shield and Cesaro/Sheamus are going to be awesome for sure. RVD/Barrett can be good, just like Cena/Wyatt (although I don't really have high hopes for the latter, but who knows). Divas match is just there.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
S'all about that Hair vs Mask pre show :p
Naw I really want to see Sheamus/Cesaro though; that RAW match with ADR was very good and I'm not even as big a fan of ADR as I am Cesaro. I think Cesaro has the same if not more potential to put on a better match with Sheamus than that especially it being a PPV match and all.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
@Shadow Sunday Night, June 1 at 8/7c for the US and Monday Morning, June 2 at 1am in the UK
Bahaha that was like the first few actual pieces of text in the post and I completely didn't even notice. Good eye, sniper!

Quick question, I didn't imagine the stipulation that the losing team has to disband did I? I was pretty buzzed Monday and thought I heard something like that mentioned during RAW.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Bahaha that was like the first few actual pieces of text in the post and I completely didn't even notice. Good eye, sniper!

Quick question, I didn't imagine the stipulation that the losing team has to disband did I? I was pretty buzzed Monday and thought I heard something like that mentioned during RAW.

It's wasn't an actual stipulation HHH was just saying that the Shield will be decimated and fall apart. I'll go watch it back and make sure but I believe that's what I heard.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's wasn't an actual stipulation HHH was just saying that the Shield will be decimated and fall apart. I'll go watch it back and make sure but I believe that's what I heard.
Alright, haha I was a bit worried because I don't think Shield should go away just yet and I want Evolution to last through the summer at least.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Alright, haha I was a bit worried because I don't think Shield should go away just yet and I want Evolution to last through the summer at least.

Well it's been confirmed for sure now that the RAW after Payback is Batista's last show for a while... he starts press junkets the end of next week... so something needs to happen in order for Evolution to continue... as far as The Shield... if Evolution doesn't continue I see no reason to keep them together. They've already battled the Wyatts and Evolution.. there's no other competition for them.. and now that they are supposedly face they aren't going to be working for the Authority and randomly attacking people. I think it's about time they broke up and the individual pushes start.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well it's been confirmed for sure now that the RAW after Payback is Batista's last show for a while... he starts press junkets the end of next week... so something needs to happen in order for Evolution to continue... as far as The Shield... if Evolution doesn't continue I see no reason to keep them together. They've already battled the Wyatts and Evolution.. there's no other competition for them.. and now that they are supposedly face they aren't going to be working for the Authority and randomly attacking people. I think it's about time they broke up and the individual pushes start.
I could see the Shield breaking up especially if they lose and when Batista leaves, although I'm a very optimistic person about that disgruntled superstars stable that was rumored a few months back, without the Shield in the Authority's way that would make room for all of the screwed over superstars as of late to start shit. Then it all comes down to what you said about having to replace Batista or doing something like that in order to keep Evolution going.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I could see the Shield breaking up especially if they lose and when Batista leaves, although I'm a very optimistic person about that disgruntled superstars stable that was rumored a few months back, without the Shield in the Authority's way that would make room for all of the screwed over superstars as of late to start shit. Then it all comes down to what you said about having to replace Batista or doing something like that in order to keep Evolution going.

This is interesting..

In the latest issue of WWE Magazine, Shield member Dean Ambrose takes part in a fan Q&A session, and one of the questions asked is if there was any WWE Superstar that could make Ambrose laugh. Below is Ambrose's response:

"My former partners Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. I was probably the class clown of the group so I'd usually start the joking and ribbing. But those two are hilarious. Daniel Bryan is funny too but more because he's funny looking."

Multiple sources state that this indicates that either WWE has accidentally spoiled future storyline plans involving The Shield before they happen or that this particular Q&A session was set up back when original plans called for a possible Shield breakup before those plans were nixed.

Source

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This is interesting..

Source
Wow, yeah that's very interesting.. I wouldn't put it past WWE to accidently spoil future storylines though, they did similar by promoting Y2J as a current wrestler :)

According to Wrestlingheadlines.com, WWE Magazinepromotes Jericho as a combatant in an upcoming Money in the Bank Ladder Match, with that pay-per-view set to air June 29 at the TD Garden in Boston.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You don't think Ambrose will join Evolution do you? I highly doubt it, just making conversation prior to payback haha.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
You don't think Ambrose will join Evolution do you? I highly doubt it, just making conversation prior to payback haha.

If any members of Shield were to jump ship then Ambrose would be the prime candidate.. he is the most heelish of the 3. But I don't see what it would accomplish.. Ambrose could possibly break off and then Rollins and Reigns could feud with HHH and Orton.. that could work for a bit. To be honest, I just hope the whole landscape of the WWE changes after Payback. Shake things up a bit!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If any members of Shield were to jump ship then Ambrose would be the prime candidate.. he is the most heelish of the 3. But I don't see what it would accomplish.. Ambrose could possibly break off and then Rollins and Reigns could feud with HHH and Orton.. that could work for a bit. To be honest, I just hope the whole landscape of the WWE changes after Payback. Shake things up a bit!
That actually makes a bit more sense, I wonder what Dean will do if/after he splits.