Orton Hurt, May Miss WrestleMania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So this is basically a way for him to freshen up before the most important period of the year for WWE. He won't win the Rumble, I don't think that WWE would even be that stupid to have an established guy like Orton or Cena win it in 2012. It has to be a newer guy to push him to the mainevent.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Previously released reports of Randal Keith Orton state that Orton has suffered a severe back injury that could keep him out of action for several months. These reports are all story-related. The truth behind Orton's absence is that he has violated the WWE's Talent Wellness Policy a third time. Mr. McMahon, Chairman of the WWE Board of Directors, had prevelance over the violation. McMahon was inclined to fire the third-generation superstar according to company policy, however, McMahon permitted him one last chance due to Orton's love for the company and commitment. Randal Keith Orton has been suspended for 6 months, without pay, including missing WrestleMania XXVIII, as punishment for his actions.

^This is the rumour going round Facebook pages today which report news from sites. Yet none of them have posted the source and until they do I'm not believing a word of this.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I seen that on the WWE Mafia facebook page, there is no credible source though and nothing found in google searches. I'm highly doubting it though as WWE.com is expecting him back on TV in 4-6 weeks.

Also, corporate.wwe.com always post suspensions and such and there is nothing on there. So I don't think it's true.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it on WWE Mafia also :p. I just wish WWE would come out with a definitive answer instead of just reporting different shit all the time on their site.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If you want non storyline stories then head to the corporate WWE site, the main one has storyline work as well. Nothing has been announced on the corporate site so I don't believe this story at all.

Zen

Reaction score
There aren't really any breakout stars that I can think off, from the top of my hand, aside from Ziggler. There are others, but I don't think they are Mania ready. I don't think it is a terrible idea for the WWE to give the Rumble win to an established star this year(Orton -- the original plan called for Punk to win it, and he was established too) As of late, the WWE has been giving lots of younger stars a chance to shine, we have seen plenty of newer stars get their chance over recent years(Swagger, Sheamus, Barret, Danielson etc.), they usually don't pan out when they are rushed. They get their push and usually they fade out. The best chance is to take it slow and steady and there are plenty of opportunities around(since basically all the older stars have retired), thus it makes sense to push the established stars -- to maintain the ratings/sales etc.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
After seeing how it went down on Smackdown I'm 100% convinced it's a work just for him to return at the rumble in his hometown and possibly win it which is what I was hoping they didn't do but seems very likely.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Oh goodie could that mean we will get Show/Orton at Mania.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Last night on SmackDown, we all saw what happened at the end of the Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett match. Orton looked like he was thrown down the steps by Barrett. But, there's no proof that this actually happened. The camera didn't even go in when Orton was thrown down the steps as you can see in the pic. So, Orton isn't really injured. The reason Orton will be out for months is because he has violated the WWE's Talent Wellness Policy a third time. He'll be suspended for 6 months without pay, including missing WrestleMania, as a punishment for his actions. All the reports about Orton being injured are FALSE.

From WWEMAFIA on Facebook.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'll have to see that report on something reliable to fully believe the drug test failure deal.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Dude, WWEMafia report a lot of false things.

If WWE have already said that it's an injury, they wouldn't say he would be returning in 4-6 weeks if he is going to be gone for 6 months. And since WWE have already provided an update, they would have posted his suspension on corporate.wwe.com just like all the others.

False.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, I'm not gonna believe anything that says Orton would really miss Mania.

jamie

Reaction score
am i the only one that kinder hopes he is out? he could do with a rest and a refresh of his character

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm not a fan of Orton as a face at all, I was a big fan of him as a heel and preferred him as a heel a while back then he turned face and I'm not interested in him. Care factor is 0.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He had probably his best year overall as a wrestler so I'd like to him go strong into Mania.