Orton Hurt, May Miss WrestleMania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The official Twitter feed of the WWE Insider reported the following Tuesday evening:

"BREAKING: @RandyOrton injured at #Smackdown in Indianapolis tonight. More details to follow on WWE.com as they become available."
Probs kayfabe, but if not SOMEBODY GON GET BURRIED :dancing:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The fact that they announced it now the way they did it's probably legit. Unless of course they're mixing kayfabe with reality. Either way hope he's fine.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Even though I hate him I don't wish injury well and hope he recovers well. I was enjoying his feud with Barrett.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Due to an injury he sustained at SmackDown in Indianapolis, Randy Orton will be replaced by Sheamus in scheduled Street Fights against Wade Barrett at WWE live events this week

WWE.com

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Wonder what he's done? Apparantely he took a nasty bump when he RKO'd Barrett on the car?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
That sucks, his feud with Barrett was going great and was just about to start picking up the pace.
Was it because he was thrown down a flight of stairs during his match with Barrett?

If it's legit, I hope he recovers well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There are reports that it is a disc injury in his back which isn't good at all. Never want anyone to get injured and hopefully this is a quick heal because the most important period of the year for wrestling is coming up.

Big loss for Smackdown if he is out for a few months but good opportunities for Sheamus, Bryan .....Justin Gabriel......Zeke....Ted DiBiase. Who are the faces on Smackdown if Orton is injured and if Show turns heel?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As noted earlier, Randy Orton was injured at last night's SmackDown tapings in Indianapolis during the Falls Count Anywhere main event against Wade Barrett. Orton has been removed from this week's live events.

Word backstage was that Orton suffered some sort of back injury and it has to do with at least one of the discs in his back. Orton could miss up to 6 months of in-ring time, causing him to miss WrestleMania 28. An official update from WWE should be available soon.
That fucking sucks, Wade best hope he didn't cause it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
If Wade gets depushed because of this I'll be pissed, most injuries are 50/50 with both guys usually at fault. Anyone see this as an opportunity for Rhodes and Sheamus to step up into the Main Event?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
That fucking sucks, Wade best hope he didn't cause it.

Damn.. If it's from what's in my spoiler from my earlier post, Wade is fucked and considering the fact Orton will miss WM28..

I have a feeling it's kayfabe though but if it isn't, accidents do occur and injuries are 50/50. Wade isn't at fault completely. Orton may have botched his landing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- As noted earlier, Randy Orton was injured at last night's SmackDown tapings in Indianapolis during the Falls Count Anywhere main event against Wade Barrett. Orton has been removed from this week's live events.

Word backstage was that Orton suffered some sort of back injury and it has to do with at least one of the discs in his back. Orton could miss up to 6 months of in-ring time, causing him to miss WrestleMania 28. An official update from WWE should be available soon.

Pwinsider

That really sucks as he was very good in the ring and back injuries in general are tricky.

Shit like this is also why Wade would never be in the ring with Taker at Mania for the streak as well tbh, still slightly green and sloppy over anywhere near finely tuned. And yeah I'm passing it off on the kid if it ain't a shoulder injury with Randy as that is genetic

Also fucking sucks because I just bought SD tickets where he was advertised to be facing Bryan for the title, and now they will be missing their best in ring worker.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Shit that blows to miss mania due to injury I know he's gonna be pissed. As for how it happened if the stair spot was planned then that can't be fully placed on Wade as his fault because that is dangerous as hell to do in the first place and in part has to do with how you bump to protect yourself. If Wade put too much force in it then it's mostly his fault but have to see how it went.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Whoever stated PWInsider said he would miss Wrestlemania is wrong. They've said Orton has been dealing with the issue in his back for a while and that the Barrett angle was a way for WWE to write the injury into the storyline.

Here's the PWInsider report:

RANDY ORTON UPDATE, SHOOTING DOWN A FALSE REPORT | PWInsider.com

All that it did state was that he wouldn't miss 6 months and that it wasn't PWInsider that said anything of the sort. Yeah it says it was an injury he's been dealing with for a while but it doesn't say what exactly it is or how long he'll be out. So he could still potentially miss Mania. I highly doubt he will but nothing about the injury is specifically stated in that report.

SAL

Reaction score
That really sucks as he was very good in the ring and back injuries in general are tricky.

Shit like this is also why Wade would never be in the ring with Taker at Mania for the streak as well tbh, still slightly green and sloppy over anywhere near finely tuned. And yeah I'm passing it off on the kid if it ain't a shoulder injury with Randy as that is genetic

Also fucking sucks because I just bought SD tickets where he was advertised to be facing Bryan for the title, and now they will be missing their best in ring worker.

Yeah, because nobody ever gets hurt wrestling unless a sloppy young guy causes it.