Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Wow, this game is awesome. When you are int he match, ti feels so much better. It doesn't feel "cheesy" at all. It really feels like you are watching a real life match, especially in the inferno match (which is good btw).
I haven't done any career or RTW yet, but I am impressed at how real EVERYONE looks, and acts.

the dark knight

JR's commentary still sucks dick in the game. especially in RTWM.

MikeRaw

Anyone notice that when you use the WM24 arena, it it the proper set and all, but it's indoors instead of outside, lol. That's weird.

the dark knight

hooooooooooooooooooooooow the fuck do they do that? this is pissing me off. i only won one match online out of 4. all these new fuckin "abilities" take so much away from real ability to play the game.

1) i fuckin spinebustered undertaker and all of a sudden i get hit by a tombstone thanks to this fuckin "set up" ability he has or whatever its called.
2) some other guy using orton pinned me with his legs on the rope....i was owning the match, then i lose by one move? wtf?
3) orton again...this time, a table's match. i cant say i was screwed but i have no idea how it happened. his limb damage was all red and mine was like yellow..he reverses my table finisher and gets his momentum maxed by doing so and then hits me with the finisher...and fuckin triple h doesn't reverse it.

and how the fuck did that russian play 700000 matches already?

Markz

Reaction score
This game is awesome to play after college and the gym. I'm addicted to RTWM, weird how those stories are better than the real one's.

The masked man rules!!

Nation

Say you are using a caw in career mode. Can you skip through the whole thing to get your attributes up?

chessarmy

So does anyone have an actual review of this game? I got bored of svr2008 very easily, will this be any different?

MikeRaw

^This should keep you busy. 6 different Road to wrestlemania's, which are all probably 8 hours in length, and if you play 2 hours a day, each one will take you 3 or 4 days, and there's 6 differet. Then there's career mode, which you can use any superstar for, as many times as you want, so I doubt you will get bored quickly.

This Guy

I admit I'm not as impressed as I had hoped though I am enjoying the RTW modes though and the Tag Matches are so much more fun now. But overall I don't think the game is that big of an improvement over last year. However I don't think I'm going to to trade it back in within the 7 days....or maybe I should and then I can wait till 6 months from now when its cheap used :)

The Rated R CMStar

If THQ keeps this improvement, SD vs Raw 2010 will be epic

Kassidy

Reaction score
^This should keep you busy. 6 different Road to wrestlemania's, which are all probably 8 hours in length, and if you play 2 hours a day, each one will take you 3 or 4 days, and there's 6 differet. Then there's career mode, which you can use any superstar for, as many times as you want, so I doubt you will get bored quickly.

also making diff decisions gives you different paths, rey/tista have like 5 diff paths all together

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
RTM is pretty fun, but nothing to special. Career mode sucks, once you win a belt... you HAVE to win another one, without defending that one until you win all titles. Exibition mode is probably my favorite, the game gets a 9/10 for me just for the gameplay itself.

phantomgerald

I'm bored of it already! Next year, I want more characters for Road to Wrestlemania. Let us use some heels as well!

MikeRaw

Without ANY spoilers, can someone tell me if Jericho is a heel or face?