Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Um, the lack of stuff in TNA was only one generic story line (just like SvR08 which sucked as well) but the difference was in 08 you could make choices that affected the story. In Impact you can't. In 09 your getting 7 different unique stories that again that can change based on the choices you make. So to void your arguement it is you winning, because the choice you make may not be the choice Batista would have made in that same situation. It gives you control to be the creative behind the scenes something TNA does not give you.

The other lack of stuff is the lack of different match styles in TNA. Last I checked there is no shortage of match types in the WWE games. Lots of variety.

Next was the Create a Wrestler mode....again TNA barely could do shit. 10 generic choices for entrances and you couldn't preview them. Never been a problem in WWE games.

The reason people aren't complaining about certain things being left out of the WWE game like they did on TNA is because even cramming the disc full in a WWE game and we get crap loads of options 7 story modes, choices in said story modes that affect the outcome, tons of options when creating a wrestler, the ability to preview before deciding on those options, create a finisher mode, create a belt mode, more then 24 wrestlers for regular game play mode, and more then just singles, triple threats, tag teams and 1 specialty match type to chose from including the abilty to customize those rules for those matches, and finally full entrances with titan tron videos, music and much more fan fare. TNA gave us none of that and had shit loads of space still on the disc.

Ok now lets see...have all WWE Games let you choice your path...hmmm don't think so..

but still the fact is...This game gots stupid shit to..and yes I admit TNA also has it dumb stuff but its still fun like I'm sure this game will be..

I mean your clearly a WWE mark anyway so anything WWE does can not be wrong I guess...so yeah but like I said both games have there faults..this one being I can't use a CAW..which I love to do

^ Exactly. Blaze, seriously man, quit while you're ahead.

Anyway, no HBK in the "Road to Wrestlemania" mode is a huge killer for me. I'm a big HBK mark, and I always used him in story mode. I have on clue how they could leave out someone like Shawn Michaels, one of the best if not THE best wrestler to ever grace the WWE, and he isn't even in the game's main mode :nonono:

Either way, I'll probably still pick this up. The online mode looks awesome, and with all the other features that are on this game it makes it well worth the 60 bucks.

I was never ahead lol..I'm trying to get ahead then I'll quit

The Rated R CMStar

Ok now lets see...have all WWE Games let you choice your path...hmmm don't think so..

No, but last time I check, this thread was only to discuss SD vs Raw 09, not all WWE games.

And again, you fail to miss the point, a thing like not using CAWs on story mode or HBK not being available for the story mode, it's just pecularities, not things that make a fame suck.

iMPACT sucked all around, the bad things outnumbered the good ones and by a lot

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Alot of people say iMPACT sucks cause of the storyline but the rest was good...So I mean then they can't say it sucked cause they could only use a CAW...

and see I said the storymode probably will suck...DIDN'T SAY IT WILL....but the game is going to be pretty cool with CAF and stuff...but I will most likely not like storymode...I might but there the chance I won't since I can't be me..

Nation

Sure they can look at my list of reasons in the iMPACT thread. This debate is really REALLY getting old.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Blaze stop posting about tna in here no one gives a fuck and the tna game sucked but is somewhat fun to play with friends now just drop it. Even though you and everyone else knows your wrong you continue to argue and it just makes you seem like a annoying whiny baby who is a TNA mark, and This Guy isnt a WWE mark he is just a wrestling Mark, and every year people complain about ALOT of things in WWE games this year WWE looks like gold compared to TNA, controls are better, more wrestlers in ring, more matches, more modes, Create a Finisher I cant wait. I mean every wrestler in TNA game had the same moves pretty much with their Finishers being the only thing that makes you feel like the wrestler

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
and I don't care what you say..

I'm just comparing the two and what I like better

I like using CAW so RTW will probably not be a fun as storymodes in the past have been...but then again it might be better IDK...I'm not gonna 100 % judge it until I play it...people who've not played TNA should not Judge it...thats like judinng a movie before you see it or something its down right stupid.

Kassidy

Reaction score
well i dont need to see bangkok dangerous to say thats a bad movie so its not stupid and i have played tna but yea stop posting about tna. go to that thread and no more in here, read the title WWE

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mention WWE while I do it...and stuff

but ok fine no more of TNA(expect for maybe saying I know TNA has that also and I don't like it)

RTW IMO might be good then again it might not because

1.Not letting you use CAW(which I love to do)
2.You gotta choice one of the ones its letting you use(like the TNA CAW thing I know but I like CAW but hey they still should let us use Superstars I agree with that)
3.It seems shorter then any storymode of the past(even shorter then TNA...which should also be longer)

but then again it still might be fun...I'll judge once I play

and also Kassidy I meant others...I've saw people saying its gonna suck before it came out...

This Guy

but still the fact is...This game gots stupid shit to..and yes I admit TNA also has it dumb stuff but its still fun like I'm sure this game will be..

I mean your clearly a WWE mark anyway so anything WWE does can not be wrong I guess...so yeah but like I said both games have there faults..this one being I can't use a CAW..which I love to do

Wow. You don't read anything I ever say do you? I don't recall comparing Impact to all other WWE games. I compared it to the most recent 08 & 09. Both of which offered more then Impact.

WWE mark? I prefer WWE yes, but I love wrestling, and WWE makes tons of mistakes and I rag on them just as much. Did you not ever read my rant in the wrestling colums section about the WWE stupidity with trying to get us to believe all brands were equal? Yeah I rip on TNA a lot but thats because they are in a position where they can't aford major screw ups and should be able to learn from past mistakes of WCW & WWE yet seem to be following there same path. WWE can make stupid mistakes because there fan base by comparision is huge. That doesn't make the WWE's mistakes any less stupid, just not as dangerous to there survival.

I mention WWE while I do it...and stuff

but ok fine no more of TNA(expect for maybe saying I know TNA has that also and I don't like it)

RTW IMO might be good then again it might not because

1.Not letting you use CAW(which I love to do)
2.You gotta choice one of the ones its letting you use(like the TNA CAW thing I know but I like CAW but hey they still should let us use Superstars I agree with that)
3.It seems shorter then any storymode of the past(even shorter then TNA...which should also be longer)

but then again it still might be fun...I'll judge once I play

and also Kassidy I meant others...I've saw people saying its gonna suck before it came out...

Not sure how you think RTW story mode is not long. They only gave one example, The Undertaker...I believe they said that was what 79 days. 79 days is 2 and half months. So most likely includes Royal Rumble and No Way Out, is about 12 shows assuming that this story line keeps you working only Raw, or only Smackdown or only ECW. Most likely with this story lines there will be other things going on and so forth including cross brand which means probably working more then one card, and possibly fighting more then once on a card. However even if its not, thats only the Undertaker. That doesn't mean that all the other wrestlers like Batista & Triple H's RTW starts 79 days away. Some could start 6 months away from Mania. We just don't know. Its too early to judge if its too long and too short.

Qwake

On SVR08 CM Punk was about 90 or 91 overall and now on 2009 game her has dropped to 87 which is less the second time round even he had jusy become champ which sucks. Y2J is now the current Champ and is 89, he should be about 90 - 92 imo because hsi strength isn't all that but the rest of his attributes are. Thats not to big of a deal though. Hopefully they edit it just for the sake of it.

the_wolfpac_is_back

Reaction score
wow theres custom music thats awesome i want it so bad dude check out my thread to talk about svr 09

this games gonna be awesome there are new tag team features like new tag team moves and tag team online and you have a shared momentum and once you have full momentum you can use your finisher or you can put him on the turn buckle and use your tag team finisher man this games gonna be awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9RUxo2-urU

seX-Power

I thought that along with Road to Wrestlemania there will also be a story mode similiar to past season/story modes, or have I been mistaken and is it only RTW in this game. Neverhteless, I am so buying this game and it looks like the best SvR in a while.

Kassidy

Reaction score
this games gonna be awesome there are new tag team features like new tag team moves and tag team online and you have a shared momentum and once you have full momentum you can use your finisher or you can put him on the turn buckle and use your tag team finisher man this games gonna be awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9RUxo2-urU

wow ur really behind the times, we already know everything you said for about 2 months now maybe more.

This Guy said:
That doesn't mean that all the other wrestlers like Batista & Triple H's RTW starts 79 days away. Some could start 6 months away from Mania. We just don't know. Its too early to judge if its too long and too short.

Actually thq or cory said all their stories spand 3 months, so it will be royal rumble, No Way out, then Mania, but there will be side agendas you have to do and win matches in certain ways to unlock new things which i like it that way. RTW is starting off really small, 6 to choice from and 3 month storylines, I think RTW could be great but they need to expand just like I know next year watch CAF will go into submissions and back moves. Now time is what limits THQ so I say give us svr 09 and next year give us DLC for 09 storylines, wrestlers, attires and maybe a match and take 2 years like TNA and the game will never be topped done right.

first year develop CAF and all the animations and sound, start scanning wrestlers and everything else, second year develop storylines last 6 months and roster so its up to date. do stories with the top 20 superstars and 5 tag team if they are going to be limited and then make 6 stories for CAWs so its not always the same, a jobber story making it to the top, a champion storyline, a mid carder storyline, a main event story, Revenge story, Legend killer story :). Then have a second Season mode where its any superstar you choose and you get to free roam the back and have it like HCTP. But if they took two year a lil less than what TNA took to make their game, SVR 2011 would def crush any past wrestling game and during the wait just give us updates for 09.

Id happily wait 2 years for the next svr game as long as they make it worth it and give us everything we want.

Nation

I can't wait to use custom music for my caws. Also ill probably change a few of the superstars themes.

J

No Shit, You can use songs off you 360 and make it there theme's or am I taking this wrong. If you can use the songs as there them. Frickin Sweet.