Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
Im looking foward to this weeks Smackdown, it should be way bettr than Raw Anyway.

mharvey

Reaction score
Hardy vs Kenndy was really entertaining in many ways.

Soulpower

Well, let's breakdown last night's SD...

Things started off on the wrong foot as we had to endure one Vince's promos about the BOTB and then he mad a handicap tables match, Lashley vs Kennedy and Orton. Now, on to the actual matches.

We started off with London and Kendrick defending their titles against MNM. London and Kendrick got the win after London hit Mercury with a Flying Body Press from the top rope. Decent match, although these two teams have had better matches before, and once again all the focus on Melina and Ashley.

Our next match was Chavo Guerrero vs Jimmy Yang in a non-title match. This was probably the best match of the night as both guys looked crisp and were hittig all their moves. Yang gets the win with the Moonsault. I'm hoping the WWE adds a CW title match between the two at WM. Give them 10 to 15 minutes and they could put on a great opening match on the biggest stage in the wrestling business.

Next we had, MVP vs CEDRICK VON HAUSSEN who apparently is the Liechtenstein champion. Its another squash by MVP, who cut a nice promo afterwards.... It also seems that the Ballin Elbow Drop is catching on with the fans.

We got the Tables match next and this didn't look good on tv. Lashley completely forgot to sell his knee injury and ended up hitting all of his power moves on Orton and Kennedy.. This was a glorified squash, and a dumb one at that as the WWE jobs out two of their future superstars in favor of one.

Benoit vs Helms was pretty much a squash abd its was obvious that Benoit would walk away with the victory. The main event was supposed to be THE MIGHTY DAVE!! And the Undatakah vs Finlay and King Booker. Batista was beat down backstage by Finlay and Book and it turned into another handicap match. Taker wins via DQ after getting hit with the shillelagh. Batist comes out afterwards and it looks like Taker and Batista are going for dual powerbombs... But Dave throws Booker (or Finlay) onto Taker. And that's our show.

The rest was just corny promos by Kane, JBL and Batista. It was announced that next week JBL will interview both Taker and Batista at the same time. And we also learned the next inductees in the Hall of Fame.... The Wild Samoans. Samu and Rosey will be the ones to induct them.

All in all it was a decent show, we had to many handicap matches for my taste and Yang vs Chavo was the best of the night.... Thumb in the middle for this show, at this point the WM machine just keeps on rolling.

Reaction score
Benoit vs. Helms was the best match of the night followed by MNM's. They were both entertaining for me and keep me watching most of the time i change the channel.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
MVP needs a new finisher.

I hated that leg thing, it doesn't even look like you can pretend it hurts.

Soulpower

MVP needs a new finisher.

I hated that leg thing, it doesn't even look like you can pretend it hurts.

Same here... It seems the WWE always gives this move (The Overdrive) to their newest wrestlers... Carlito, Orton, and Striker all used it as their finishers at some point or another. Its one of those moves that will probably never get over with the crowd no matter how much the WWE tries.

xtremebadass

Wrestlers these days don't have FUTURE FAMOUS moves, they all suck. Cena's were clever though, FU and STFU i give them that

xtremebadass

Was that really D Ray 3000 as MVP's opponent, plz tell me it wasnt, sell out...

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
The following matches are confirmed for SmackDown! Next week..........

Handicap Match
Kennedy vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle

Tag Team Championship
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Deuce & Domino

Soulpower

That London/Kendrick vs Chavo and Helms match was great!! And I went nuts for the Sliced bread/Powerbomb combo, let me tell you I did not expect to see that in the WWE. If the highers ups allow London and Kendrick to have more matches like this the tag titles could actually mean something once again... It also helped that they were facing two veterans instead of facing the newest (and greenest) tag team on the scene.

Booker vs Matt Hardy was a good match with a great story and the whole angle with Sharmell culminating with the Tombstone on Booker was also well done (good booking, who knew?). It looks like Booker will be taking some time off to heal up some of his nagging injuries.

One bad thing, Booker is gone and he'll be replaced by... A returning Mark Henry. This will be about Mark's 75th push and I predict it will end with either an injury or a release... In other words, same old shit.

Kennedy vs Jeff was good but it had a weak ending, after exploiting Jeff's back during the match, Kennedy gets the win with a DDT? That made no sense but doesn't take away (not a lot anyways) from the match. Finlay/Hornswoggle vs Kennedy will be a comedy match but expect some action when Finlay and Kennedy are in the ring.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That London/Kendrick vs Chavo and Helms match was great!! And I went nuts for the Sliced bread/Powerbomb combo, let me tell you I did not expect to see that in the WWE. If the highers ups allow London and Kendrick to have more matches like this the tag titles could actually mean something once again.

Then why do I have a sinking feeling that they're going to be jobbing those titles next week?

Soulpower

^^ Because we're talking about the WWE writers over here... And they would probably make London and Kendrick lose the titles without any fanfare.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Booker T shocked the hell out of me by jumping Undertaker. What the hell was that about? It was completely out of nowhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.