Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
[yt]htdCap9h48s[/yt]

You don't even have to guard him.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:lmmmao:

It's a reference to Stephen A. Smith

edit- [yt]6PP4RT-vv-o[/yt]

He's a bonafide scrub. rofl.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Well of course.

Reaction score
Just thought I'd point this out...since the All Star break the Spurs have been the best offensive squad in the league by a fair margin. And here's the thing, they haven't even come close to peaking. We quite literally have six guys (Cap'n Jack, Three Piece Neal, Gino, MVParker, Timmy, DGreen) that are legitimate threats to put up 20 any given night. And did you see Diaw handle Dirk? Not to be a homer, but people, really, really take notice. We can outgun ANYONE in the league. I don't see the Thunder as a threat. Threats don't need 2 OTs to put the Wolves away. The Thunder find themselves in close games with teams they should be putting away before the 2 minute warning with their top guys playing mad minutes. Spurs slug it out with LA 3 times next month, those games are going to tell everyone what they need to know about who's winning the West. Durant might be MVP, I don't think he wants to see LA or SA before the Conference Championship and they sure as fuck don't want to draw Houston in the first round. I'd love to see Houston pull a Memphis and stick to that 8 slot as they match up pretty well with OKC.

Out East it's still a two horse race, but at the end, the Heat can beat the Bulls in 7 games. I applaud Philly and Indy as they are playing great outside of the "traditional" NBA formula but neither can beat MIA or CHI in a 7 game series. Derrick Rose's health is still a scary issue.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Rose's health isn't an issue at all. Just rest him until the last week of the regular season to get his legs back under him and then be ready. The Bulls have already proven they can win without him. They're 12-4 without him, and hell, they've already beaten the Heat without him too. As long as they can keep ahold of the one seed and have home court advantage, they can beat the Heat.

Hopefully Rip will be back by then as well, but I'm not counting on it. I really wish they would have gone after Ray Allen or something, but there's really no way the Celts would have given him to an Eastern Conference rival.

Rell

Reaction score
Sessions is pretty damn good. I have a feeling some shitty team like NJ will try to lure him away with a big contract.

Reaction score
Thunder's lead is only 3 games. They might hold on to it only because Pop is the COY (was Doug Collins until the losing streak) and won't push his guys to the limit. Thunder aren't anywhere as good as ESPN or others will lead you to believe. An incredibly gifted scoring combo in Durant-Westbrook. Durant has the right mentality, but Westbrook moped last year in the playoffs and still hasn't show character. The Thunder don't have the spine nor the coaching to stand up to the Mavs, Lakers or Spurs.

And again, this isn't bias, but I can't think of any teams scarier than the Spurs or Lakers right now. Once Mike Brown realizes he was hired to get fired and he's going to live and die by Kobe (he gonna die) the better off he will be on the way to coaching a bottom tier franchise like the Raptors or Bucks. The Lake show is a lot scarier to the Silver and Black because they have BIGS. If Mike Brown grows a sack and Kobe thinks with his head, not his raping tool, the Lakers realistically can out the Spurs so long as Kobe doesn't jack up 20-30 shots a game and lets the bigs bully the Spurs thin front court.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
While I agree the Thunder are being made out to be alot better then they really are theyre still going to be a tough team to beat.

Kobe was 0-15 in the first three quarters the other night, and Bynums out with an ankle injury I think so they need to get healthy and Kobe needs to do his thing, if they do so then I'd hate to go up against them in the playoffs, Sessions has been great for them.

Thoughts on the Clippers, think they can do anything out West?

Reaction score
And they don't. I think they'll probably end up in the 1 seed simply because the Spurs have 3 games against the Lakers and the Thunder's schedule is cream puff city. But the Thunder are putting unnecessary mileage on their starters. So long the Spurs stay healthy and avoid a rough series with either Memphis and the Lakers, I really don't see a legit threat to them. They are fathoms deeper than any team in the West. Patty Mills, just added to the roster last week. 10 points in 13 minutes per. Just another under the radar move by the best front office in all of sports. If they made one movie about Billy Beane, they should make a frigging trilogy about the Spurs' F.O.

Reaction score
If the Laker's heading into the playoffs are Bynum's Lakers, they can win the championship. If the Lakers go into the playoffs as Kobe's team, they are a second round team at best. I really think a healthy Bynum is the best center in the league RIGHT NOW. At least he doesn't quit on his team like Dwight. Great players don't quit regardless of the situation.

Speaking of.... Dwight is losing mad credibility right now. Stan Van doesn't deserve to get thrown under the bus and Dwight has been a "once in a lifetime" big man his entire career. "Once in a lifetime" big men, according to sportscasters using that critique of Howard, must have needed constant changes of pants in the days of Hakeem, Admiral, Ewing, Mutumbo and Zo and even more when Shaq, Duncan, Garnett and Webber were 4 of the 7 best players in the league for 5 years. LOL. Serously, Dwight might be the biggest fish in a small pond of all time in all of sports.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
lmao @ trusting Bynum over Kobe.

Like I seriously don't need to say any more.

Reaction score
You said enough for me to know that you don't know what you're talking about. Have you seen how the Lakers have played with Bynum as their go to guy? Kobe plays second fiddle and it's 2000-02 all over again. Kobe's already quit on them a few times this year, but if he were championship oriented as he claims to be, he'd realize jacking up 28 shots a game isn't going to win them a title.