Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CGS

Reaction score
We are miles of a title challenge and a title challenge shouldn't even be anywhere in our agenda. As for Arsenal I'm still not sold on them doing brilliant in the long term for the season. Ozil was a brilliant signing and is already starting to prove that, but what happens come January when players fatigue levels become really tested? They still lack a lot of depth and with league,cup and European football I fail to see how on earth they can manage with their squad levels.

As for Di Canio I think it was too early to let him go but it's clear he lost the support of the team due to his tough tough love. Shame really but that's what happens.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Di Canio was shit, he'd be a fun pundit but as a boss awful at man management, constantly dogging on his players.

Oh and how fun is it that either Man Utd or Liverpool crash out of the League Cup tonight :lol:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Come on guys, all together again...

:lmao LOL UNITED :lmao

Yeah I know City lost too, but still.

#MOYESIN

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Awesome win for Villa today, and it showed great character to come back after such a thrashing in mid-week, and without both Gabby and Benteke too. I am happy with nine points at this stage given the fixtures we have had. Lambert is still working out his best side, but quite a few of the new players are starting to make a impact.

Ramsey has been the player of the season todate for me, his progress from last season has been quite something. Given the unprictabilty of the other top clubs I am starting to think Arsenal might have an outside shot of the title. Think they have West Brom away next week which will be an interesting game given their improvement and win today.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Still top of the league.

Come at me.

Oh wait, you can't. lol.

Thanks Villa and Baggies btw.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Well that was a perfect day. Everything I hoped would happen happened!

I hope people don't get their hopes up about us winning the league though, because it's still far too early in the season. Except for me. I've already go my hopes up.

Aniking

Reaction score
Well that was a perfect day. Everything I hoped would happen happened!

I hope people don't get their hopes up about us winning the league though, because it's still far too early in the season. Except for me. I've already go my hopes up.

I've thought the same thing. As great as it is to see us sitting on top for the second week in a row, it's only 6 games into the season. We're due for a down period or two and you just never know how badly it could affect our performances and more importantly our results.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The irony about Everton's unbeaten start is that they would be top right now if not for those three draws. Newcastle are showing some fight at least, but I always expected the home side to have too much.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Those first 20 minutes were the best I've seen Arsenal in years. Absolutely devastating.

Great victory in the end, expect more from Napoli. A home win against Marseille at home and a draw somewhere else should be enough to see us through to this next round.

Aniking

Reaction score
Those first 20 minutes were the best I've seen Arsenal in years. Absolutely devastating.

I thought the same thing. That first 20 was just brilliant and was awesome to watch.

Things are looking pretty good qualification wise. I don't expect us to pinch all six points from Dortmund in the next two games, but a realistic aim would definitely be a Home win and an Away draw. It'd essentially mean we've qualified if we achieve that, but I wouldn't be disappointed if both end as a draw.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Lets see if we can better that 49 games unbeaten.

Spoiler - the answer is YES.

Reaction score
I wonder if Cork is Gunnerstorm from the BBC Forums...

Nevertheless, wait till injuries happen or more specifically Ozil because Ozil is the difference maker at the moment...

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Aaron Ramsey is the best player in the Prem right now, so that Ozil theory can go out the window.

With everyone else playing so badly (excluding Spurs) it doesn't really matter if we fuck up because the other teams are guaranteed to as well.

Aaron Ramsey is the best player in the Prem right now, so that Ozil theory can go out the window.

With everyone else playing so badly (excluding Spurs) it doesn't really matter if we fuck up because the other teams are guaranteed to as well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I was going to make the Ramsey point too, in fact most of the Arsenal team are playing very well at the moment, Meltersacker is suddernly looking a very good buy also. The point is they now look like a well oilled machine and not a collection of players.

You left Everton out BTW. I know they won't be title contenders but then neither will Spurs.