Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Speaking of Townsend, theres about to be another race row blowing up in tomorrows papers.

Hodgson ALLEDGEDLY referred to him as a monkey during the half time team talk.

Very dumb move from Woy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Speaking of Townsend, theres about to be another race row blowing up in tomorrows papers.

Hodgson ALLEDGEDLY referred to him as a monkey during the half time team talk.

Very dumb move from Woy.

I don't believe it. Even if Hodgson did have those sorts of thoughts (which I doubt) he wouldn't be stupid enough to act on them.

Will wait until I read the story but this just sounds like typical media trying to create a negative England story because they can't slate them on the pitch.

Reaction score
Hahahaha, if Woy did say that and it's proven to be true - he's totally getting sacked...

I wonder if 'Arry Car Window Redknapp is ready to kiss some ass and take over o_O.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hahahaha, if Woy did say that and it's proven to be true - he's totally getting sacked...

I wonder if 'Arry Car Window Redknapp is ready to kiss some ass and take over o_O.

Heard the full story today, he did say it but meant it in as a metaphor for passing the ball to Townsend and like they used the Monkey's in the first space mission, as in "Feed him". He is going nowhere the press are idiots.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd still say Ashley Cole was better than Leighton Baines defensively at least the past few years but obviously Baines' set pieces and attacking mentality outshines that of Cole's. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod come the World Cup though because given Cole is now 32, I feel as though this should be his last tournament as a starter providing he gets the shirt as we need to be looking towards the future tournaments.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Glad that club football is back! I hate the national break. Most of the matches tomorrow are at the same hour :( I will watch Arsenal-Norwich or Man UTD vs Southampton. Which one should I watch?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Man United, you're bound to get some sort of comedy.

Aniking

Reaction score
He tugged the shoulder, Suarez did make the most of it like most players would, and the fact is it's a penalty and therefore red card for being a goalscoring opportunity. Tough but right.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Glad that club football is back! I hate the national break. Most of the matches tomorrow are at the same hour :( I will watch Arsenal-Norwich or Man UTD vs Southampton. Which one should I watch?

Man United, you're bound to get some sort of comedy.
:hollywood:

Fucking United :lmao

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ramsey DESTROYED today.

Best player in the world (form) right now. Ronaldo isn't bossing games like Ramsey does.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well if Palace can't even get a result against a side like Fulham given their recent form then they have no hope this season.

On the other hand those back to back wins should buy Jol some time, he has just recieved the dreaded vote of confiderence though...

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Thought we played great yesterday, no idea how Dortmund stayed in it let alone win.

Arteta and Rosicky BOSSED the game, fantastic considering they are backup players against the runners up from last year.

Wilshere was pathetic though. Think he faked his injury too as a cop out tbh.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thought we played great yesterday, no idea how Dortmund stayed in it let alone win.

Arteta and Rosicky BOSSED the game, fantastic considering they are backup players against the runners up from last year.

Wilshere was pathetic though. Think he faked his injury too as a cop out tbh.
Somewhat agree and I find it hilarious how the pundits have literally done a 180 on Arsenal and are all doom and gloom all of a sudden. This wasn't exactly an Aston Villa performance where they deservedly got they beat, I'd say they got done from a Ramsey mistake and hit with a sucker punch at the end when they were pushing for the win which felt like it was coming. They deffo need to take points of Napoli and beat Marseille and that should do them fine for 2nd, taking anything from Dortmund too will throw it wide open again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the next few weeks will tell us if Arsenal are real title contenders. Chelsea in the cup will be interesting also.

They can not afford to play against the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool the way they did on Saturday. Basically if they get to January in the hunt and can sigh a good back up striker then they have a decent chance.