• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Banned
I wouldn't say it's our title to lose, let's us remember we're only 1 point ahead and ANYTHING can happen. Although our run in looks easier than City's, we often screw up against the small teams so IDK what will happen. Crucial game is on 30th April imo.

AZUCAR!

Just read on The Sun website that apparently Fergie was spotted at the Lille/Lyon game at the weekend scouting Eden Hazard. He's a top quality player and one I wouldn't mind seeing at Man Utd. Especially since he's been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham.

Aniking

Not sure if Wenger should go after Hazard, I think we have a better chance of landing Gotze personally.

We've been linked with a number of quality players as of late, something I'm happy about... but that was the case at the start of the season. We've mainly been linked with Gotze, Podolski, Vertonghen and M'Vila, all of whom I'd love to see come to the club. Guess we'll wait and see.

Question for you Breakaway, and any other Man Utd fans - how does it feel knowing Bayern Munich beat FC Basel 7-0? That first game is absolutely irrelevant btw.

Aniking

Good answer, I like it.

Crazy to think they've scored 14 goals in their past 2 games, with Gomez scoring 7 of them. Those are some crazy figures right there.

The Cork

Banned
I keep hearing Podolski has passed his medical and has signed (but obviously cant play for us till nxt season), heard this for like 4 days running now.

Really pleased if true, only worry is that hes a replacement rather than a partner for RVP. Probably means Bendtner will be offloaded on a perma deal in the summer too.

AZUCAR!

Good answer, I like it.

Crazy to think they've scored 14 goals in their past 2 games, with Gomez scoring 7 of them. Those are some crazy figures right there.

Crazy to think also that Mario Gomez has scored 72 goals in 72 games.

Aniking

Crazy to think also that Mario Gomez has scored 72 goals in 72 games.

Wow really? That's just nuts.

I keep hearing Podolski has passed his medical and has signed (but obviously cant play for us till nxt season), heard this for like 4 days running now.

Really pleased if true, only worry is that hes a replacement rather than a partner for RVP. Probably means Bendtner will be offloaded on a perma deal in the summer too.

Apparently a deal worth 11 mill has been agreed upon, as well as personal terms. Both Wenger and Podolski have denied it, but what would you expect really?

I truly believe that if Wenger can get hold of a couple of top signings, Van Persie will be convinced to stay at least for one more season. If he manages to score as many goals or close to as many for next season, but we don't win a trophy, then he'll leave and I think that's understandable. Ian Wright (I think) put it perfectly in an article I read on The Sun the other day - give Van Persie whatever he asks for so he stays.

Prodigy

Banned
Aniking, in response to your question asking how do we feel knowing Bayern beat Basel 7-0. I'm not too bothered about that result, even though we went out to them, Football is a very unpredictable Sport and I think teams realize that if you step up against Manchester United you can get a result.

AZUCAR!

Was hoping we could get the job done against Bilbao tonight but we couldn't. So now we can concentrate on retaining the Premiership.

If City go through to the next round of the Europa League, I want them to face Bilbao.

AZUCAR!

Glad City didn't go through.

I didn't watch the game but followed it early on. Was surprised to read they were 1-0 down, then when I turned on ESPN I had just missed the 2nd Sporting Lisbon goal. And I didn't find out the result until I checked Sky Sports News a few hours ago.

Lewb

I thought Joe Hart had scored to send them through! ahh it was a great fightback, and if Europa had same ruling as CL, then City would have gone through, their momentum would have definitely got them another goal.

But, their own fault for not turning up at home for the first 45 minutes.

Aniking

What ruling do you mean Lewb? CL has the away goals rule too.

Speaking of which, I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss. Some random brought this up in a comment on an article I read to do with the Man City/Lisbon game, but I can't remember what site and I can't find the article.

Anyway, they thought the away goals rule should come into play after extra time is played. What do you guys think of that? I'm not for it or against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.