Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah it would be a nice tribute. Think they might now actually, awhile ago they looked dead a baried, however the decline of Wolves might be the difference. I still expect Wigan to go despite the win today, and QPR are my other pick. Bolton tend to be quite strong at home which is a boast for a side in their position.

Shaun

Reaction score
I agree with you, I think Wolves, QPR and Wigan will be the teams to go down. Wigan's and Wolves' strikers aren't getting the goals to help the team, although when Steven Fletcher is on form can get a few goals. QPR could stay up but only if Cisse stops getting sent off and Zamora hits the form he had at Fulham.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm going with Wolves, Blackburn & Wigan to get relegated. QPR do have a chance, but like Shaun said, Cisse needs to stop getting sent off. I think because of the fact that's his 2nd straight red card he's now got a 4 game ban. So that's 7 games in total he would've missed and at the end of the day, it may cost them their status in the Premiership.

Glad to see City dropped points against Stoke earlier. I'll be surprised if we didn't beat Fulham on Monday night and extend the gap to 3 points.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Gotta go w/ Villa to go down, they've looked like shit ever since Bent got injured.

A team relying on Heskey for goals does not fill me with confidence.

Also, unbelievable tekkers by Crouch.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Heard it was a really good goal by Crouch. Haven't seen it myself yet, probably record MOTD 2 tomorrow night, or i'm sure SSN will show it.

As for Villa going down, yeah they've been shit since Bent got injured. But I just don't see them going down. If they stay up, in the summer McLeish needs to dump Heskey and bring in a few more forwards should Bent get injured again next season or even Agbonlahor and they both miss a certain amount of time.

Aniking

Reaction score
Wigan and Wolves should definitely go down. It's a toss up between Blackburn, Bolton & QPR for me. Both Blackburn and Bolton have always been mid-table teams and just to see them in the relegation fight is kinda wierd. As for QPR, they have the money and some quality players, so for me they'd be out of place in the Championship.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thing about Blackburn is that Kean is sudderly starting to look like a much better manager, think he deserves credit for sticking to his guns, then again compared to many down there they do have a decent looking squad.

For Wolves and QPR sacking Warnock and McCathy respectively may cost both.

As a Villa fan I must respond. We have a terrible run in, with the likes of Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool to play and losing Bent may prove costly, however we are eight points clear at this stage and I don't see anyone down there being able to go on a good enough run to pull us into it, so we should be fine.

As for the future, well this summer we need to do one of two things, get rid of Mcglish or give him some money to spend. We do rely too much on Bent, so another solid striker would be good, however our bigger problem is midfeld and the wide areas where we still have not replaced the likes of Young, Milner and Barry. We need more creativty and a better suply line, and of course to stop giving away silly goals.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I wouldn't say playing Liverpool is a tough game at this moment in time, they've been awful and are declining just like Birmingham did when they won the Carling Cup.

Shaun

Reaction score
To second what Doink said, Liverpool at the moment isn't a tough game at the moment. This is by far the best time to play them and that's coming from a Liverpool supporter. It seems like the Carling Cup is starting to be a curse to the team that wins it.

I'm still sticking to my prediction of Wolves, Wigan and QPR going down but it will be close. Unless Weimann suddenly becomes a goal machine, it will be tough for Villa but for me they have players with a bit more quality than the teams under them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wigan are such a shit club, I hate seeing them on TV with their always seemingly empty lifeless stadium and they need to be relegated where they belong. Only thing I like about that club is Dave Whelan, such a boss.

Prior to their sackings I was pulling for Wolves and QPR to stay up because I really enjoyed Mick McCarthy and Neil Warnock as they are such great characters, but now they're no longer there I couldn't give a hoots if they get relegated.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Wigan are such a shit club, I hate seeing them on TV with their always seemingly empty lifeless stadium and they need to be relegated where they belong. Only thing I like about that club is Dave Whelan, such a boss.

:y:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I wouldn't say playing Liverpool is a tough game at this moment in time, they've been awful and are declining just like Birmingham did when they won the Carling Cup.

Thats a good call, guess I am just worried that we are so negative under the current manager than we may just go there and sit back, but yeah it is a good time to play them I agree. Chelsea at home tomorrow and I will be bold and go for a draw lol.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Man City are lucky bastards. 3-1 down to Sunderland and then Balotelli scores then Kolarov does a minute later. Still, they've dropped 2 points so that's something to be happy about. Should we win against Blackburn on Monday night, we go 5 points clear of City at the top of the Premiership.

Good wins for QPR and Bolton too. I still hope Wigan go down.

Aniking

Reaction score
Disappointed we went down to QPR, but I did have a bad feeling going into the game. QPR are one of those teams that tends to play well against top teams, and sure enough that's what happened. They were on us from the start and they played well. Good job to them, especially Zamora.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Fuck QPR.

Can't stand that miserable moaning bastard Mark Hughes beating us.

Side note, Tony Gale was an utter cunt on SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.