Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I actually wanted him to leave though, hes fucking awful and I would of driven him there if need be. :lol:

SMH at Ashley Young btw.

Aniking

Reaction score
I didn't mind Clichy leaving. He had been at Arsenal for quite some time, throughout our period of no trophies, so him leaving was understandable. Na$ri had one good season and left, now it's proving to be a dumb move. Unlucky!

The reason why Mancini said Balotelli won't play again is because he'll be suspended for their final 6 games. The red card he got gives him a 3 match ban considering he has seen red twice this season, but he will get another 3 games for that challenge on Song. Due to the referee not seeing it and taking no action, the FA can and probably will, meaning Balotelli is done.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wigan's upset win over Utd last night is the sort of thing which happened a lot during the glory years of the PL, but very rarely happens nowadays. In the long run I expect it to be a bigger result for Wigan than Utd, who I still expect to win the title, but Wigan are very much the Southampton of their era and may yet pull off another great escape.

City need to stick with Mancni, they have improved no end under him, and even if they miss out on the title this time (which looks likely), I expect them to be strong favourites next year.

Aniking

Reaction score
I watched the replay of Wigan/Man Utd and Wigan were simply outstanding for a team that's fighting to stay up and facing a team that's probably going to be the champions for a 20th time. They definitely deserved to win, and have really been in some great form in their last 6 matches. They drew with Norwich, drew with West Brom, beat Liverpool, beat Stoke, should've beaten Chelsea if not for some terrible officiating, and now beat Man Utd. Only Newcastle, Arsenal and Man Utd can boast better form than Wigan (who are tied with Chelsea).

Pleased we beat Wolves, which was obviously expected. Not very pleased with our performance in between our 2nd and 3rd goals, especially considering we were a man up. It was an even game and Wolves boasted some decent chances, which frankly isn't good enough. Man Utd put them to the sword a few weeks ago when Wolves went down to 10, yet we took our foot off the gas and gave them a sniff. Shouldn't have happened, but in the end we got away with our 4th clean sheet in 5 games.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Theo's finish just tells me he should be playing as an out and out striker.

Gutted Wigan beat Man Utd for 2 reasons -

- Wigan are shit, have a League 2 team and no fans.
- I don't want Nasri & Clichy to get a winners medal.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I watched the replay of Wigan/Man Utd and Wigan were simply outstanding for a team that's fighting to stay up and facing a team that's probably going to be the champions for a 20th time. They definitely deserved to win, and have really been in some great form in their last 6 matches. They drew with Norwich, drew with West Brom, beat Liverpool, beat Stoke, should've beaten Chelsea if not for some terrible officiating, and now beat Man Utd. Only Newcastle, Arsenal and Man Utd can boast better form than Wigan (who are tied with Chelsea).

Pleased we beat Wolves, which was obviously expected. Not very pleased with our performance in between our 2nd and 3rd goals, especially considering we were a man up. It was an even game and Wolves boasted some decent chances, which frankly isn't good enough. Man Utd put them to the sword a few weeks ago when Wolves went down to 10, yet we took our foot off the gas and gave them a sniff. Shouldn't have happened, but in the end we got away with our 4th clean sheet in 5 games.

Your a hard man to please, your team are flying right now, you can't play well every game, fact is it was another good win lol.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I guess you could say it's somewhat picky what Aniking is saying, but it's also a very valid point too. The way Arsenal took their foot of the gas was remarkable when in all reality they could have absolutely battered them from pillar to post and definitley have the game over by half time even though it essentially was. I'm sure a 3-0 win against bottom of the table Wolves would have been taken prior to the game, but on the other hand you could be a tad dissapointed it wasn't a fair few more especially when they went 2-0 up within 10 minutes and Wolves were down to 10.

Aniking

Reaction score
Theo's finish just tells me he should be playing as an out and out striker.

The Tottenham game proved that that's where he should be playing. I'm waiting for the day Wenger moves him there, but I don't think it'll happen yet. At least he has time on his side as he's only 23.

Your a hard man to please, your team are flying right now, you can't play well every game, fact is it was another good win lol.

Yeah we're flying, and although the score ended up 3-0 our way, it could've been a little different. I know it's Wolves and I know they were a man down, but boy did we let them back in the game. Man Utd made sure the contest was over the moment that red card was shown, but we didn't ensure that was the case until much later in the game. The result doesn't necessarily reflect how the game panned out.

I guess you could say it's somewhat picky what Aniking is saying, but it's also a very valid point too. The way Arsenal took their foot of the gas was remarkable when in all reality they could have absolutely battered them from pillar to post and definitley have the game over by half time even though it essentially was. I'm sure a 3-0 win against bottom of the table Wolves would have been taken prior to the game, but on the other hand you could be a tad dissapointed it wasn't a fair few more especially when they went 2-0 up within 10 minutes and Wolves were down to 10.

Spot on.

Lewb

Reaction score
Your all forgetting the big result.

QPR beat Barcelona 3-0 :Carlton:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Tottenham game proved that that's where he should be playing. I'm waiting for the day Wenger moves him there, but I don't think it'll happen yet. At least he has time on his side as he's only 23.

Yeah we're flying, and although the score ended up 3-0 our way, it could've been a little different. I know it's Wolves and I know they were a man down, but boy did we let them back in the game. Man Utd made sure the contest was over the moment that red card was shown, but we didn't ensure that was the case until much later in the game. The result doesn't necessarily reflect how the game panned out.

Spot on.

I accept what you are saying, but you have to look at the bigger picture, which is you are one of the form sides right now, and on the whole your performances have been very good as of late, and in a way the fact you are disserpointed maybe a good sign.

Aniking

Reaction score
I accept what you are saying, but you have to look at the bigger picture, which is you are one of the form sides right now, and on the whole your performances have been very good as of late, and in a way the fact you are disserpointed maybe a good sign.

I have high expectations now that we have been on a great run. How we played after going up 2-0 was how we've played for most of this season, where we were no chance against teams challenging for the top four or the title and we struggled to beat mid-table teams like Fulham and Swansea. That's what worried me about that performance in between those goals because I don't want us to go back to playing like that so close to the end of the season when we're sitting 5 points clear of fourth place. That's why I wasn't happy with the result, regardless of our recent form.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Caught some highlights from Liverpool and Everton's FA Cup semi-final. The first two goals were due to terrible defence and it was strange seeing it come from two good teams. Carroll finished the game off nicely after missing quite a few easy shots. That guy needs to score a lot more to justify his high price tag.

Man City were incredible last night against Norwich. I know that it was only Norwich but they way they played was fantastic. Tevez and Aguero are a great combination up front and Tevez scoring a hat trick will keep everyone happy.

Aniking

Reaction score
Norwich have shown this year that they're no pushovers, so seeing them smashed 6-1 by City just tells me that City are back to the team they were that just scored for fun. That's 10-1 across their two games since they lost to us. Sucked to see Norwich get smashed like that as I like them and respect them and Paul Lambert for what they've achieved this year, but this late run from City is gonna make the title race interesting. They're only 2 behind now, 3 if United draw against Villa, but back out to 5 if United win. Still, they're not going down without a fight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was really strange how around a week ago Mancini declared that City could no longer win the title. Yes the gap was larger then but anything can happen in football and it is much better when there is a close battle at the top. I can't wait for the Manchester Derby because that game should tell us who wins the league.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was a shame to see Everton go out yesterday, it would be great to see Moyles win a trophy to show for his efforts there, has done a remarkable job for so long, and I hope he gets the Spurs job when Harry goes to England. I fancy Chelsea to win the other Semi-final, mainly because of the injuries Spurs have at the back going into the game.

City's serge may have come too late, still you never know, will be interesting if it is still two points come the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.