Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Champs League draw has been a bit kind/cruel to Chelsea, when they get past Benfica they have the honor of getting murdered by Barca or AC.

Really rooting for APOEL against Real too.

Lewb

Reaction score
I think im confusing it with a domestic ruling, im not too sure. Forget I ever said anything :p

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Champs League draw has been a bit kind/cruel to Chelsea, when they get past Benfica they have the honor of getting murdered by Barca or AC.

Really rooting for APOEL against Real too.

Think they will be pretty pleased overall. Realistically they can't win it, but this way looks like they will get at least to a semi-final which given the way their season has gone so far they will see as a good run. Also if they get Milan I think they have a shot, besides you expect to play the top teams when you get that far.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I see Chelsea getting past Benfica easily.

AC Milan/Barcelona will be interesting, because I read elsewhere one of the Milan players (might have been Phillipe Mexes) didn't want Barcelona in the draw. But I think Milan do have the squad capable of beating Barcelona and I hope they do. It'll make a nice change to see Barcelona get knocked out at the Quarter Final stages.

Then Milan can go on and beat Chelsea in the Semi-Final & probably face Real Madrid in the Champions League final, although if Bayern get past Marseille, Bayern/Real should be a great tie to watch.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
5-0 win for us earlier today at Wolves. Takes us 4 points clear of Man City and the goal difference is now only 3 goals.

Man City/Chelsea is Wednesday and hopefully Chelsea can either win or at least get a draw to help us some more.

Pete

Reaction score
Actually, am I the only one who thinks if Benfica pull all the stops, they can get past Chelsea?

I mean Chelsea have been sucking wind, and Benfica is not THAT bad a team, they've been doing OK in the Portuguese Championship...much better than Sporting Lisbon at any rate... (which guts me, because I support SCP and they're our fierce rivals! :p)

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It would be a great result obviously for Benfica if they were to beat Chelsea. But I just don't see it happening.

Then again, I could say I didn't see Sporting Lisbon beating Man City over 2 legs, yet they did.

Pete

Reaction score
I see it being close, maybe 2-2 on aggregate and they go through on away goals or something. But it can happen.

Also, I didn't see Sporting going through either, because our season has been dire (we just recently changed coaches) and our keeper is usually sub-par. But they did well!

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Good night for QPR. 2-0 down, and they win 3-2 at home to Liverpool.

Man City won too, stupid Chelsea not getting the job done.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Hope Barca don't win it this year, sick of people sucking their cocks.

Hala Madrid.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Just found out earlier I might be going to see Chelsea/Benfica in the CL @ Stamford Bridge if I can get a ticket of course, whenever they go on General Sale. Be cool to go back to Chelsea for the umpteenth time and see them dumped out of the CL by Benfica.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds like sour grapes there from a Utd fan LOL.

Anyway can we all stop pretending that the Manchester clubs didn't go out of Europe on purpose, you know it makes sense.

Pete

Reaction score
LOLOL a club who insists on having Fabio, Rafael and Smalling in the main team deserves to be knocked out (and I'm a United fan mind).

As for Barca...haters gonna hate.

F- Madrid, bunch of posh twats.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No I agree that it is better for football not to have the same team winning these things all the time. Then again I don't like the CL it represents every thing which is evil about modern football (and yes I would still be saying that if my team were in it before anyone asks).

Shaun

Reaction score
A stat that I just found out says that if the Premier League started on January 1st, Liverpool would be bottom after the loss against Wigan. As for Bolton, alot of credit goes out to them for winning after what happened with Muamba last week. Personally I hope they stay up for Muamba.

Status
Not open for further replies.