• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

NinoBrown

Em is early 200's. Wayne, sadly, would be a named mentioned for the late 2000's. Eminem and Wayne have more in common, if you think about. For like two years, everyone was on the Em bandwagon. He was successful mainstream and when people ask about their top 5, he's mentioned and the fanbase was and still is ridiculously strong behind him.

For I say the last two years, Wayne has become the new Eminem. He drops mixtapes constantly, he's on everyone's song, people talk about him in their top 5 and the fanbase? Fanbase for Wayne is disgustingly huge, like China x two huge. He went platinum on his first day and he's already talking about the new year. But the mighty will fall.

Not to mention the hate against both of them at the time. I'm not gonna lie, I said fuck Lil Wayne numerous times. I know lyricism so I never said fuck Eminem lol.

IMO, T.I, 50 and Kanye are the faces of late 2000's.

Wordlife

why is everyone so prone to hating Ludacris? He gets no recognition at all.... though he has never done anything so far lately at least, he's still an amazing rapper who deserves some credit from companies and billboards

NinoBrown

^^ Ludacris is like a Busta Rhymes. He's well known, very consistant but he just doesn't have that "it" to make him a face of a generation. He's well recognized, better than most artists but just doesn't have that "it" factor.

Dre

If you think about it, 50 Cent should be another suggestion for the face of the early 2000's. He release his first album Get Rich or Die Tryin' in 2003 and sold 11 Million copies. This one album made him a international superstar overnight (manily for the In Da Club song).

As far as the face of the late 2000's, its a tie between T.I. & Lil' Wayne. If it wasn't for KING or Tha Carter, I don't know where their career would be at now.

THE Renegade Diesel

^ Agree. I'm not going to lie, I have said Lil Wayne is trash, he's not real, and he just uses nursery rhymes. He is getting better, and I am starting to some what recognize it. I still believe he only gets by because of his charismatic song's, and catchy hooks. His verses aren't exactly the best, nor amazing. He can't kill 16 bars as I think Eminem could. This is where I see the large comparrison between the two. Eminem has amazing hooks, and even better verses. He will, I repeat will, murder 16 bars when asked to. Sure, Eminem wasn't on everyone's song, but at the time it was more about the solo stuff, or the stuff where your credited as one. Hence Wu Tang, D4L, and The Alliance rather than Method Man ft. Old Dirty Bastard, and Red Man. Now a days, RAP is mainly about the hooks according to the new crowd. Thats why we have catchy beasts such as T-Pain, and Lil Wayne on top right now.

As far as the face of the 2000's goes I will say without a doubt its 50 Cent. Why? No one, has beat his record count for Get Rich or Die Trying in '03-'04. Not Tha Carter 3, not Three Ringz, and not American Gangster. 50 Cent is the face of rap now, and although he completly lost his touch, when I white father whom knows nothing about rap is lecturing his son whom has been acting ghetto'er says "Listen boy, your not no 50 cent so pick those pants up". The fact that the dad who hasn't heard a rap song in his lifetime has heard of 50 Cent says something. Lil Wayne is at his prime right now. I don't see him getting any better, but instead worse. After awhile, everyone's going to be tired of hearing 'This is the remix baby', or 'cash moolah baby'.

The Anigma

In my opinion, Eminem is the face of the 2000s.

He’s the single-most recognizable face in Hip-Hop. He’s quite possibly (not too sure) the largest selling artist in rap music today. He dropped a great debut album which introduced us all to Slim Shady. And all the hype surrounding his sophomore album and people asking if he could top his debut and what'd he do? He dropped TWO classic albums (MMLP and TES). And every time he drops an album, the fans come out in flocks to buy it. Hell, he’s credited for bringing in an entirely new audience to Hip-Hop.

The fact is Eminem rips nearly every song he’s featured on. No one can say that about Lil’ Wayne, T. I. or 50 Cent.

Bottomline, Eminem is without a doubt the face of Hip-Hop for the 2000s.

Wordlife

thats why eminem is my favorite rapper of all time, white or black or asian or mexican or WHATEVER race.... he stands out, not for him being white, but him being such a great rapper, lyricist, and whatnot

Eminem will always be good... though he hasnt had an album drop in a few years, and his new one will coming out soon, he still will be hot, time will tell that Eminem and 2pac will be the greatest rappers EVER! Hands down

Montana

If i had to pick one.....I'd say Eminem

Honorable mention goes to Kanye, Jay Z, TI, Wayne, 50

As other said, Eminem had the "it" factor. He was something original and appealed across a wide fanbase. White and Black. I think Kanye has done great thus far, and is certainly near that level. TI/Wayne seem to be getting more and more popular. But my top 2 are Em, and Kanye.

NinoBrown

Eminem will always be good... though he hasnt had an album drop in a few years, and his new one will coming out soon, he still will be hot, time will tell that Eminem and 2pac will be the greatest rappers EVER! Hands down

Need to slow down homie. I wasn't too impressed with Encore, almost every rapper has their one "bad" album. T.I.'s T.I. vs. TIP was probably his worst, Curtis for 50 and Kanye has yet to do a bad one.

The Anigma

I agree with Nino. Every rapper has a "bad" album and Encore was Eminem's. I don't feel as though Encore was an entirely bad album but it didn't live up to the hype nor the standards Em had previously set with his previous three albums.

But I can't agree with Kanye not dropping a "bad" album. Kanye West's latest album, 808's and Heartbreak is a bad album to me because he used the auto-tuner throughout the entire album. The production was great as were his lyrics but using the auto-tuner ruined the album IMO.

Rell

Jay-Z's entire catalog is either good, or great, in my honest opinion.

American Gangster and Kingdom Come were both solid

this is coming from me, the same dude Defiant One used to call "kelis" because of my nas love...take it for what its worth :/

The Anigma

I can't agree with you about Jay-Z, Rell. I think Blueprint 2 wasn't neither good or great. It was a decent album but it wasn't anything memorable.

lol...I remember when Defiant One used to call you "Kelis". You did have way too much love for Nas back in the day. lol...

Dre

Kingdom Come was Jay-Z weakest album. He made that album back in 2006 when his beef with Dipset & Dame Dash was going on. I really didn't like the album as much (and this is coming from a Jay-Z mark). He was trying too hard to prove that even though he was getting old, he can still deliver those hot 16's.

And I agree with Anigma, Kanye's 808's & Heartbreak was his weakest album. Kanye use that autotune s much that it lost the quality in it.

The Anigma

I thin Kingdom Come was a standard Jay-Z album. However, at times he did sound like he was trying too hard but I still think Kingdome Come was much better than The Blueprint 2. The Blueprint 2 was overloaded with guest appearances. It was definitely a disappointing follow-up to The Blueprint.

I was really looking forward to Kanye's album but once I heard about him using the auto-tuner it completely turned me against the album. Everyone seems split about the auto-tuner being used on 808's and Heartbreak--some like it, others don't.