• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Kennedy released..

Soulpower

kenndybacksuplexorton.gif

Luke Flywalker

LMFAO @ the swing Orton takes. I can't watch it without thinking what kind of brawl would have erupted if he didn't keep his professionalism after the attempted strike, or if he would have made contact with it :/.

Soulpower

Its like Randy had every intention of punching out Kennedy, then remembered he had to sell the move anyways, so he just took a swipe at him.

CenaMark54

Wasn't it Kennedy that injured Cena?

You can't get away with injuring the company's biggest face and almost injuring the company's biggest heel, especially when you are someone who has bascially wasted the WWE's money over the last two.

I would say the release was perfectly justified. He has done nothing but negatively effect the company over the last 2 plus years.

Luke Flywalker

Its like Randy had every intention of punching out Kennedy, then remembered he had to sell the move anyways, so he just took a swipe at him.

Not just that, but look at the first fist-pound... it's like he was pissed that we wasn't allowed to hit him, not that he was hurt, haha!

And yeah he hurt Cena, but they billed it to Orton if I'm not mistaken?

Soulpower

Wasn't it Kennedy that injured Cena?

Kennedy did nothing wrong when he took the hip-toss from Cena. If anything, it was just a freak injury.

I would say the release was perfectly justified. He has done nothing but negatively effect the company over the last 2 plus years.

Again, I agree with this. I'm just not a fan of any one wrestler having enough pull to get someone fired.

Nation

There goes any potential of raw being good. If he had issues with Orton he should have been left on Smackdown. Kennedy definitely wasn't released because of an injury. Hell I doubt he even suffered a minor injury he was fine. Most likely he ended up getting released because of his issues with Orton.

Kizza

It looked most likely his wrist was probably dislocated. That's what, 2-3 weeks? Most guys would just pop it straight back in and wrestle next week. So I highly doubt it's that injury that's done it. Maybe they've begun to realise he's putting a bit too much into his moves? He could have really injured Orton there with that backdrop, and he already has injured Cena, it might have been an accident, but it was still HIS hip toss that did it. Good riddance to bad rubbish imo.

Soulpower

but it was still HIS hip toss that did it.

It was Cena that did the Hip-Toss which lead to the injury, not Kennedy.

MikeRaw

I read on PWI that the reason Kennedy was released was because of a botched back body drop that could have broken Orton's neck.

I have also read on a few sites that Orton and Kennedy had a backstage conforntation after the match. Its also being reported that the RKO on Kennedy was not planned and Orton stiffed him on purpose to send a message.

Good to see that Orton was some Hunteresque pull backstage. Its also good to know that the WWE is willing to protect its top stars from people who should spend sometime in wrestling school.

I actually believe this. Seems to make sense.
And I don't think it's so much that Orton has pull and asked for him to be fired. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE decided it on their own, after the botched move and elbow.

Luke Flywalker

^The rumored confrontation sounded like Orton just said "Be careful before you hurt someone else." I doubt Orton was pissed enough to want him fired. Orton's hot-headed enough, he probably would have got into a serious confrontation with him if he was that angry. I think Mike's right, Vince and/or Triple H probably disliked the shit themselves. Orton had plenty of motivation to go off, but I don't think he'd have pulled any weight to get Kennedy fired. It's not his personality (from rumors) that he'd sneak behind someone's back to have them removed and not speak his mind to their face.

But yes, something does still seem weird about them not mentioning his real name (especially through outside sources). Why wouldn't they call him Ken Anderson?

xtremebadass

I remember our Velocity All Star KEN ANDERSON...ANDERSON!

Waging war with Paul London and Akio week in and week out to entertain his small fan base!

His fan base just got smaller from that point forward! Poor bastard.