Most Overrated Movies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My Personal Tarantino Overview:

Reservoir Dogs:
I like its rawness & stripped down feel...
plus the "Dancing/Ear Removal" scene is fantastic.

Pulp Fiction: I understand why people love it...and I like
it...but its not my favorite.

Jackie Brown: Subtle & downplayed...the hidden gem of
his work in my opinion.

Kill Bill 1 & 2: Ehh...they were okay I guess. I find them
a little too silly but Michael Madsen is a highlight in vol.2.

Death Proof:
I actually like this one...mainly due to Kurt
Russell being an absolute legend and one of my all time
favorite actors.

Inglorious Basterds: My personal favorite. Brad Pitt is
corny as hell and the Bear Jew is one of my all time
favorite film characters...if you can even call him one.

And I skipped Django Unchained & The Hateful Eight...

Done...

Reactions: Red Rain

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Death Proof:
I actually like this one...mainly due to Kurt
Russell being an absolute legend and one of my all time
favorite actors.

I found Death Proof to be pretty brilliant and it is probably my favorite film by Tarantino. I was talking to Tom Savini when he was at my community college and he was telling me about "Grindhouse." He said that after "Sin City" wasn't nominated for an Academy Award and neither was "Kill Bill," they figured they didn't care anymore about trying to get awards and just did whatever the hell they wanted with Grindhouse... there's actually a Tarantino interview where he says this too. And I think that's why "Death Proof" was so good IMO. It was a labor of love and I think some of his movies moved away from that..

When you make the movie you want with less expectations on how it will be received, you make the better movie IMO.

Death Proof just had Russell as the nastiest bad guy and that freaking 20 minute car chase in the end...the best car chase in the history of cinema in my view, better than "Vanishing Point" and better than "The French Connection." And Zoe Bell really should have been in more movies... loved her.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I didn't care for "Amadeus" either but I will probably try watching it again. I guess I was biased because it basically is fiction claiming to be a true story. That bugged me.. plus I am not a big Mozart guy.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I will add Titanic to this. I liked it, don't get me wrong but I remember the hype around the movie as a kid was insane. I didn't see it until years later and I thought it was good but not that good. I know it is viewed as more of a chick flick because of Leonardo being in it and all but ehh. Maybe that is why it felt underwhelming for me.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I will add Titanic to this. I liked it, don't get me wrong but I remember the hype around the movie as a kid was insane. I didn't see it until years later and I thought it was good but not that good. I know it is viewed as more of a chick flick because of Leonardo being in it and all but ehh. Maybe that is why it felt underwhelming for me.

I saw it six times and it really affected me but probably because it was around the time I first got on the internet and began experiencing a really new and different world. Plus I was in a really bad relationship at the time where I lived with this guy who was very controlling and possessive. The theme of the movie convinced me to leave him and I got up one morning, jumped on a Greyhound bus and the next thing I knew I was in Florida.

As far as the movie goes, I really think it deserved the awards it won because I think Oscars aren't really about the best movie, but they should be about the movie that defined that year in movies. Titanic was definitely that movie that year.... it wasn't nearly as good a movie as As Good as it Gets but it defined that entire season.

And I have to admit, I loved it because I had the hots for Leo. He's much sexier now though than when he was twinkish.

OH! And why the hell did they not accurately portray Molly Brown in the movie? In real life Hitchens told Molly to sit down, she threatened to have tossed his ass overboard. Also, no one ever called her "Molly" in her life... her nickname was "Maggie." They changed it to Molly when they made a musical about her.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
And I have to admit, I loved it because I had the hots for Leo
I never did so I think the fact that so many people did and hyped up the movie based on that, it ruined it for me.

It was a good movie, most movies he is in are good but it just wasn't a hit for me. I am not saying it didn't deserve the awards because the acting was brilliant and the drama was so well timed. It just didn't hit me as hard in the feels I guess. I can understand why you like it though. Movies like this, romantic stories and such, they tend to be a lot better when you are going through something yourself. It is like an escape from reality.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I never did so I think the fact that so many people did and hyped up the movie based on that, it ruined it for me.

It was a good movie, most movies he is in are good but it just wasn't a hit for me. I am not saying it didn't deserve the awards because the acting was brilliant and the drama was so well timed. It just didn't hit me as hard in the feels I guess. I can understand why you like it though. Movies like this, romantic stories and such, they tend to be a lot better when you are going through something yourself. It is like an escape from reality.

Oh I can't even get through it now. It lost its magic on me to tell the truth.

But I liked Leo a lot more in "The Aviator" which is one of my favorite films of all time. I saw that one 7 times in the theater and maybe 20 times on DVD but I am a Howard Hughes buff... a HUGE fan of his, being maybe the most prominent sufferer of OCD we know about.

I'll add a couple more overrated movies though: Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind.... two movies that I felt were awful that won Best Picture Awards... in those years, the winners SHOULD have been "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Moulin Rouge."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
But I liked Leo a lot more in "The Aviator" which is one of my favorite films of all time
I just realized I never seen that one :pokerface:
I don't even know how. Must have been my anti-tv/movie period.

I did love Catch Me If You Can. That is my favorite Leo movie. I also liked The Basketball Diaries, probably my favorite movie of young Leo's career.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I just realized I never seen that one :pokerface:
I don't even know how. Must have been my anti-tv/movie period.

I did love Catch Me If You Can. That is my favorite Leo movie. I also liked The Basketball Diaries, probably my favorite movie of young Leo's career.

Oh you should give it a try if you can. It is easily the best and most accurate depiction of OCD on TV or a movie.

Ah the Basketball Diaries came out when I was 20... Leo and Mark Wahlberg in boxers and the great line "Time sure flies when you're young and jerking off." I think that is the movie that gave me my Leo crush.

*composes himself* Okay if I drool anymore, I'll be like @Grievous over Charlotte :D

Oh and "Lost in Translation." God that movie was SHORT and boring. I turned it off and watched a Royal Rumble.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I will watch it when I am in a movie mood for sure. I can't believe I didn't see it. :okay:

Also Spaceballs makes the list for me. I felt that movie was beyond overrated. I don't understand why some people rant and rave about it. It had some funny moments in it but it just wasnt my cup of tea. I found it boring and hard to pay attention to for the most part.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well if you do watch it, let me know :)

Spaceballs represented the downfall of Mel Brooks, unfortunately. He had so many masterpieces but he just lost his talent in the 80s.