MMA General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Lashley is still trying to do MMA? Wow... that is a surprise to me. But yeah book Lashley vs. Bautista. Lashley would pretty much wreck him... and that's saying something since Lashley isn't really that good.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Strikeforce tried to set up that fight 2 years ago before the merger, both were asking for too much money (Batista was asking for ridiculous amounts IIRC)

As it goes, Lashley's lost a couple of times since then anyway so the hype died down. It'd still be a decent draw for one of the bigger indys or Bellator, I guess.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah either way it'd draw and if built right... could do pretty decent for wherever it happens. I mean they kept bringing up WWE in Bautista's fight so... that'd be a good way to hype it... WWE vs. WWE in a real MMA fight :p

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
After Eddie Alvarez's win tonight, Dana tweeted him saying:
@Ealvarezfight congrats Bro!!! Let's talk :)

This was Alvarez's last fight on his Bellator contract, and is pretty much guaranteed to jump to the UFC. With that in mind who should he fight? He's going to be joining a STACKED lightweight division, and honestly i think a fight with Diego Sanchez has fireworks written all over it

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
According to a report by MMAjunkie.com, UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao fighters Matt Riddle and Francisco Rivera have been suspended for failed drug tests. The two competed in July in Canada.The report says Riddle was found to have marijuana in his system, while Rivera was caught with an undisclosed over-the-counter stimulant.

Riddle (7-3) has fought all 10 of his professional bouts inside the Octagon. He earned Submission of the Night honors when he defeated Chris Clements at the card.

Rivera (9-2) improved to 2-0 when he topped Roland Delorme. Both Riddle and Rivera declined to appeal their punishments.

The Calgary Combative Sports Commission suspended both fighters for 90 days, dating back to the July 21 card. Neither fight result was changed.

Few suspensions stemming back from UFC 149.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Punishing fighters for smoking weed is ridiculous, especially in Nate Diaz's case being suspended for a year due it. It stays in your system for ages and isn't a PED, what fighters do in their downtime shouldn't affect their work.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But in the end the commission has a responsibility to look after fighters. They aren't there just to stop performancing enhancing drugs but also to ensure that the fighters aren't taking substances which can harm them and cause issues for them in the future.

Reactions: 1 person

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Its just further nannying from our soft society, if someone wants to put themselves at risk by taking recreational drugs that don't affect anyone else than they should be able to. Instead we're all told what to do in every aspect of life.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's towards the end of the year so what does everyone think is FOTY so far?

Off the top of my head I'll go with Lauzon/Varner from the Fox card in August, I have a terrible memory though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I thought Ellenberger/Sanchez was pretty good. I hate myself for saying this, but Jon Fitch and Erik Silva's fight from the last show was one of the better fights this year also Shogun/Vera is probably up their as well. For a non UFC fight, Daniel Cormier and Josh Barnett was awesome also.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Holy shit, forgot the Fuel cards like Ellenberger/Sanchez and Zombie vs Poirier.

Good shout.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Some other fights that i think rank up their are Diaz/Cerrone, the first Bendo/Edgar fight and Nelson/Werdum.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Is it weird I thought Anderson/Chael I was this year? Didn't realise it was two fucking years ago :lmao

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That was actually voted Fight of the year back then if i'm not mistaken. :lol: Roy Nelson vs. JDS was also on that card. Weird to think about how everybody's career turned out since then.

Last edited: