MMA General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah Hollett did look bad and didn't look like he belonged in the octagon. But, Hamill had him down and was hitting him yet still couldn't finish. There was no resistance from Hollett yet Hamill had no power at all in his punches. He should have finished it in the second round.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Does anyone know what Dana was talking about in the post fight press conference when he said Bellator are vile scumbags?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has to do with that Roger Hollett guy. I guess What Bellator is doing is cutting people, then when they go somewhere else Bellator calls them up and basically says ‘Hey, remember that contract WE cut you short on or didn’t resign? Well its still binding and we get to match any offer to you" It's a clause they throw in all their fighters contracts. And they tried getting Hollett back prior to him fighting at UFC's show last weekend.

I can't wait until Eddie Alvarez wants out of his Bellator contract later this year, and the war the UFC and Bellator have over him.

Also, everybody head over to the prediction thread for UFC this weekend.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So i guess they offered Matt Mitrione the Cormier fight and he declined. Here's what Dana White had to say :lol:

"It f---ing makes me sick," White told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) on Saturday following the UFC on FUEL TV 5 post-fight news conference. "Listen, you don't want big opportunities, I hear you. I get it, then. All I can say is, I guess he doesn't want big opportunities. I get it. Duly noted.

"He wants to fight a guy who weighs 205, but doesn't want to fight the guy who's the real heavyweight, the legitimate guy who's ranked. And Mitrione's not getting any younger."

The 205-pounder White alluded to is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who has a newly developed beef with Mitrione, the popular Season 10 contestant from "The Ultimate Fighter" who had an NFL career before jumping into MMA.

But White said a Mitrione-Jackson fight isn't in the cards. Jackson is a light heavyweight, but could move up, of course. But he's also on the shelf after pulling out of a UFC 153 fight against Glover Teixeira.

Mitrione's next fight is booked already. He's scheduled to fight Phil De Fries (9-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at UFC 155 on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas.

"F---in' insane," White said. "It makes no sense to me, and it's insane. I'm a little bummed out by it. We'll figure it out. Yeah, (he's already got a fight booked). He said, 'I'll just take that one.'"

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Matt declined cause he knew he would get tooled in the fight... but still... this is a chance for a big fight. He bombed in his first "big fight" against Kongo. This fight is tons bigger and he declined? He shoulda stepped up. Really woulda got his face out there either in a good way for putting up a fight and stepping in short notice... or really bad cause he just looked horrible.

But looks like Cormier isn't going to wind up with a UFC fighter to fight against him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is such a great opportunity I don't know why he doesn't take it even if he knows he will be outclassed. All he needs is a lucky punch and he could beat him. He isn't going to get another shot like this again so he is crazy not to take it. Plus it would put him on Dana's good side which is a good place to be.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He prob gonna get cut if he loses his next fight cause he didn't take this shot. Taking this shot would have helped boosted his career immensely. But now... he on his last leg. Specially after laying an egg against Kongo... this is prob his last chance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dana White will say one thing and change his tune a minute later, Mittrione fighting Rampage is more intriguing than Cormier, he isn't title contender material and he knows it.

Dana should be offering high figures to guys who take short notice fights and maybe, now just maybe he will have guys taking the fights when he calls.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If Batista wins on Saturday, throw him against Cormier.

Still better than Sylvia.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Batista is getting far too much hate for his fight IMO, yeah his stand up looked atrocious but he looked to have a good double leg and decent ground game.

He won't be beating elite fighters and his opponent here was a fat mess, but for his debut he did a job on the guy.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah but that guy was a fat can and he was rocking him on his feet. Anyone with a shred of a standup game will kill Batista.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I watched the fight and his standup was not good. But his takedown... I was impressed since the guy was like 300 pounds. But that guy sucked. I mean yeah it was only his first MMA fight so I'm not gonna grade it all hard but I still wouldn't call it a good fight. But yeah... if that guy had even an ounce of real stand up... Batista would have been finished.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I was hearing rumors before the fight that they were trying to set up Lashley-Bautista as a main event. I think it would last two minutes with Lashley owning.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Is anyone else surprised that Lashley is still doing MMA? Would he actually be making any money from these minor league companies that he is fighting for?