MMA General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well one new fight has been announced for UFC 153, Big Nog returns to fight Dave Herman. Should hear something on the mainevent and co-mainevent some time before the end of the week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm a Shogun fan myself, but 3 knee surgeries have wrecked him. Long gone is the technical Shogun, thesedays he just plants his feet swings wildly and relies on his chin instead of any form of defence.

I was once a big Shogun fan, but after awhile I got tired of hearing if so and so fought the real Shogun it would've been different, while this may be hypocritical of me because I'm a Hendo fan, I just don't think his fans do him any favors, much like BJ PEnn fans IMO.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I was once a big Shogun fan, but after awhile I got tired of hearing if so and so fought the real Shogun it would've been different, while this may be hypocritical of me because I'm a Hendo fan, I just don't think his fans do him any favors, much like BJ PEnn fans IMO.

The constant references to 'Prime Shogun' does get annoying, and I lost a lot of respect for Shogun when he refused to fight Teixeira but took a fight with Vera instead.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I love those pride fans that praise over Nog, Cro Cop, Rampage, Wandy, and Shogun. I mean you can like them, but when they fight its so funny when they just talk about the pride days. It's kinda like wrestling fans with the attitude era with them. It's done get over it.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I love those pride fans that praise over Nog, Cro Cop, Rampage, Wandy, and Shogun. I mean you can like them, but when they fight its so funny when they just talk about the pride days. It's kinda like wrestling fans with the attitude era with them. It's done get over it.

Im a big Pride fan, more exciting rules/fights, they had pretty much all the big names in the sport while the UFC only had Randy/Tito/Chuck. It was a long time ago though and most of them cant cut it at the top level anymore.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Im a big Pride fan, more exciting rules/fights, they had pretty much all the big names in the sport while the UFC only had Randy/Tito/Chuck. It was a long time ago though and most of them cant cut it at the top level anymore.

It's fine if your a pride fan. I'm just referring to the fans that see those pride fighters fight only can refer to good ole' pride days, and act like they are still on the top of their game. Glad you can admit it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So i was just looking around on UFC's website and, it looks like they're doing two shows on December 14th/15th. They're doing UFC on FX: Lombard vs. Palhares December 15th in Australia and airing live December 14th in the US. It'll be an afternoon show for everybody in the US. Then Saturday night Dec. 15th they're doing the Carwin/NELSON fight. Originally the two shows were combined into one.

UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz-December 8th
UFC on FX: Lombard vs. Palhares-December 14th/15th
The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Nelson vs. Carwin-December 15th
UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II-December 29th.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
So i was just looking around on UFC's website and, it looks like they're doing two shows on December 14th/15th. They're doing UFC on FX: Lombard vs. Palhares December 15th in Australia and airing live December 14th in the US. It'll be an afternoon show for everybody in the US. Then Saturday night Dec. 15th they're doing the Carwin/NELSON fight. Originally the two shows were combined into one.

UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz-December 8th
UFC on FX: Lombard vs. Palhares-December 14th/15th
The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Nelson vs. Carwin-December 15th
UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II-December 29th.

I thought it would of been a double header because when I looked, both shows were scheduled for the 15th, but the time difference between here, Australia and where you are messes it up.

Ben

Reaction score
Honestly been slacking with everything MMA latley. Usually just check the news sites quickly and that's about it.

Granted there going but the huge amount of cards makes it hard for me to keep up, and the fact that seemingly ever main event gets cancelled with injuries doesn't help things.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
ufc_153_poster_pic_large.jpg

About the 10th time this poster has chnaged :lol:​

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Rumor floating around that Frank Mir is out of the fight with Daniel Cormier due to injury..UGH..Fuck.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That fight between Hamill and Hollett at UFC 152 was one of the worst I have seen in a long time. Hamill looked out of shape, gassed early and had no power at all in his punches. Hollett I had never seen before but that guy needs to work on his MMA skills rather than trying to add bulk in the gym. Didn't really try to do much even when Hamill was tired and I have no idea what his gameplan was.

Anyone seen Hollett fight before and if so what kind of fighter is he? Can anyone else think of a worse fight they have seen this year?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Boestch vs Lombard was worse for me, simply because of the hype before it.

Weidmann vs Maia was rotten too, but unsure whether that was this year.

I had no expectations that Matt Hamill would make for a great fight, but even then, they managed to disappoint me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't have high expectations for the Hamill fight but I expected more. I had assumed that after a year out he would be raring to go and would want to put in a good return performance, same for Hollett I expected him to want to impress on debut yet he was terrible as well.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hollett was the main one to blame, IMO.

Looked way out of his depth from the start. Not much more Hamill could have done apart from take him down and GNP his face, which he did.

Hamill should have stayed retired though, not sure why he came back unless UFC are planning on giving Jones his win back.