1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

MMA General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PHX, Aug 17, 2012.

1. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    Didn't see a thread for just general MMA stuff so figured I'd make one. Mostly wanted to make this to see if anyone else is gonna watch Rousey vs. Kaufman fight tomorrow like I' am. Been very much looking forward to it as I've become a big fan of Rousey's.

2. No More Sorrow

No More Sorrow Well-Known Member

I'll probably check it out, looking for Rousey to get the easy win. Cyborg and her have been taking shots at each other and stuff, so hopefully they make that fight for the end of the year when Cyborg is off suspension.

Miesha Tate wants a rematch also, wouldn't mind seeing Rousey wreck her also.

3. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    Heard Cyborg is gonna drop weight so she can fight Rousey which I think is obviously the toughest match up for Rousey and to me the only woman who could probably beat Rousey.

4. No More Sorrow

Yeah, I'd still take Rousey though. Her arm bars are fucking nasty, although I'd like to see her stand up a bit more.

5. Slim

Slim #MFR

therock
    edge
    newageoutlaws
    tara
    trishstratus
    wyattfamily
    This must be happening on Showtime... but I'll be at work during it anyways so I'ma miss it. But if the fight good I'll look it up online.

6. No More Sorrow

Two weeks until Jones/Hendo fight. Don't really care for much of the under card but i'm pretty pumped for Jones-Hendo.

7. Slim

Slim #MFR

therock
    edge
    newageoutlaws
    tara
    trishstratus
    wyattfamily
    That tends to be the case for a Jones card... the undercard is meh and all that people wanna see is the Jones fight.

8. The Cork

The Cork Well-Known Member

scottsteiner
    brocklesnar
    carlito
    goldburg
    jakeroberts
    paige
    K1 have signed a TV deal with Spike in the US.

Weird considering they are basically dead and have no stars, but I guess UFC will snap up all their decent fighters after they get some exposure.

9. No More Sorrow

I was just reading about that, been awhile since i watched any K-1 so this is good.

10. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    That's pretty much all I see it as is them just trying to add even more depth to UFC once a few of them look like they'll have a chance to make something of themselves in UFC.

11. No More Sorrow

Strikeforce's show last weekend was watched by 530,000 people. Best of 2012 so far, and 5th best rating of all time for the company. Awesome news for them as it proves Rousey is definitely a draw for them.

Also UFC 150 drew a buy rate of 190,000 people. Which is the lowest buy rate since 2005.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  12. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Guess being on TMZ as a host really gets your name out there.

13. No More Sorrow

:lol: Chael Sonnen's restaurant is offering a "Jon Jones Special". Wasn't sure if it was legit at first then i remembered that Chael Sonnen owns the restaurant and that re-assured me it was real.

[​IMG]

14. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Delivery Available, avoid a DUI :lmao

15. No More Sorrow

So appearntly Brendan Schaub-Lavar Johnson is now taking place at UFC on Fox 5 rather than UFC 154. Mike Swick vs. Matt Brown also added to UFC on Fox 5 which is looking like such an awesome card top to bottom prelims included.