• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Michael Cole is AWFUL

ScottyShowman

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but over the past few months, Michael Cole has been pissing me off more than any announcer in pro wrestling history. I used to hate Todd Grisham, but Cole makes "Da Grish" look like JR in comparison. I can't stand hearing "look it! look it! look it!, VINTAGE _______, and Oh My!" every single time I tune into RAW or a WWE PPV. The guy annoys the fuck out of me, I have no clue as to why Vince would even think about replacing JR (the greatest announcer in wrestling history, period) with this scrub.

Fuck you Michael Cole

I can understand your frustations to a degree but I think telling Michael Cole to Fuck off is going a little overboard.

I see Michael Cole as a great generic broadcaster. He does a fairly good job on Raw. He's prepared, he knows the stats, he knows what to say at the right time. And that in itself makes a broadcaster do a good job, remember Mike Adamle. The only thing that Michael Cole lacks I believe is the passion.
I don't think Michael Cole was a hardcore fan of pro wrestling growing up.
And I think, people can see that.

I bet if you looked at Michael Cole's resume I'm sure he's more than qualified for many radio and broading casting jobs. But I think he feel into pro wrestling and although in fact he does a fairly good job and does his best to be excited you can't fake passion.

He works hard and he should get respect for that.

He works hard and he should get respect for that.

Osama Bid Laden worked hard too. Hard work should never equate success. Good results should equate success.

Anyway, I noticed that Don West wasn't with Amazing Red this last Impact. Don West and Jim Ross would be awesome. JR always worked best when Jerry Lawler was mentally Blue; giving him Don West would be golden.

Reaction score
....Micheal Cole :smh

I agree with the guy who said Matt Striker and Tazz for every show. Hell even ROH, because that Mike Hogewood guy pisses me off worse than Cole does.

It seems like everyone is vintage even if you haven't been in WWE for 30 seconds. Sheamus got Vintage'd when he kicked Cena in the head during the ppv I think. (Either that or Vintage has been permanently tattooed on my ear drum.