Michael Cole is AWFUL

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I don't know what it is, but over the past few months, Michael Cole has been pissing me off more than any announcer in pro wrestling history. I used to hate Todd Grisham, but Cole makes "Da Grish" look like JR in comparison. I can't stand hearing "look it! look it! look it!, VINTAGE _______, and Oh My!" every single time I tune into RAW or a WWE PPV. The guy annoys the fuck out of me, I have no clue as to why Vince would even think about replacing JR (the greatest announcer in wrestling history, period) with this scrub.

Fuck you Michael Cole

seX-Power

King is worse, and JR isn't much better than Cole.

Striker & Tazz should commentate every single show in pro wrestling.

chessarmy

^ Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but why do people make pairings of Striker/JBL or Striker/Taz when none of the two announcers are play by play guys. You can't pair two color guys together lol

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I just liked both of them as commentators. Ain't care if they were play by play or color. Don't even know what that means tbh.

Reaction score
Cole has ALWAYS sucked. Jerry Lawler sucks now too. He was better as a heel.

seX-Power

To be fair, what good play-by-play guys are there nowadays?

Striker has enough wrestling knowledge to cover both roles, tbh.

Klide

Wwe pretty much F'd up when they split King and JR a few years back.

noumenon

Striker is an excellent play by play commentator. He knows the real names for every fucking move out there. He's probably the best announcer WWE has ever had. His commentary can actually take your focus off a horrible match and entertain you.

noumenon

^I've met Matt Striker many a time...and trust me... it's not a gimmick.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't care for Striker.

I would like him a lot better if I didn't feel he was trying so hard to be a heel. I know that's supposed to be his character at the moment but it feels as disingenuous as King trying not to be a dirty old man.