Michael Cole is AWFUL

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

What really fucks me off is that yeah ok cole has been in wwe for 13 years or so. But how come brian kendrick, Kennedy, dudley boys jeff hardy etc leave the wwe and not this cunt? I hate his guts he looks like a guy that i want to stamp on his face.

MizMasta3000

Maybe its ummm company loyalty. Like him or not, he plays his part in the biz and works well. I hate Cole, but I am pretty sure he wont be going anywhere

Airfixx

^^^Cole DOESN'T work well.... At this juncture the twat is having a negative impact on the product. Raw commentary sucks. PERIOD.

Josh Matthews > Cole or King.

Notice how he never says 'head'. He always replaces it with 'skull'.

"Chair to the skull!"

Imagine if he went to a prostitute, "Can I get some Skull?"

"Can I give you one in the skull"

...TBH. ;o]

noumenon

You mean you don't like hearing stories about them running into wrestlers backstage and how mean they were?

MizMasta3000

^LOL King does that so much.

Like I said, Cole got worse when he took a more active role on televison. All other commentators are satistfied with just calling the action. Cole has to be in backstage segments and shit. Also one thing that makes King and Cole look like a worse team is that they are both faces. Usually, a good team has a color commentator (a heel in a sense) and a punk ass commentator (likes the good guys)

Airfixx

^^^Cole in backstage skits is a once in a while thing... Hardly the catalyst for his rapid deterioration from 'passable' to 'terrible'. As for it needing to be a face/heel combo... Traditionally a hell of a lot more entertaining maybe, but that doesn't account for simply how SHIT Cole has become - He has NOTHING worth hearing and most of what hie says is Blue on one level or another... Go re-watch the first PPV King/Cole & Stryker did together (Bragging Rights I think?)... King and Cole were paired with Stryker who on the night was playing up to the heelish element of his character - He showed the pair of them up for the illiterate, un-inspired, un-insightfull and at times downright annoying fools the pair of them are.

@ Noum... Yeah, I love it... : P

noumenon

For me as of late one of the highlights of WWE PPV's is having Striker do commentary with King and Cole and just listening to him completely pick them apart the entire show and make them sound like a couple of assholes.

You've heard that when they do multi-brand shows they literally give King a cheat sheet with pictures of guys from ECW and Smackdown because he has no idea who they are.

MizMasta3000

^Are you kidding me?

JR made King look so much more tolerable to the point where I didnt give him crap about not knowing shit about anything.

I think Cole would quit if he had to be paired up Striker. Striker would make him look a total idiot every week.

On the topic of commentators, am I the only that forgets that Byron Saxton is black sometomes?

Dynamo

Reaction score
Its just a joke how bad it really is. Like how can people who are supposed to 'understand' wrestling get it so wrong weekly. I mean, why don't vince just fire cole and tell King to retire. Let styker and matthews handle the whole thing.

I mean how the fuck did it get so bad??

Once upon a time, it was really a highlight.

The likes of Monson, Ventura, Vince..... what the fuck happened.

noumenon

The commentators aren't supposed to be calling the match, they're supposed to focus on the story lines. Which is why I'm shocked they actually allow someone like Striker to commentate as he does. I suppose they just can't argue with results.

BTW.... RAW needs a GM, Striker anyone????

Airfixx

^^^To be fair, Striker still covers the storylines too. Dude could handle shit on his own like a new school Joey Styles.. But better.

Let styker and matthews handle the whole thing.

Nice to see Josh get some props... He's come a long way fast since working with Striker in the ECW booth to the point that he's able to carry a newbie (Byron Saxton).

IMO he's the best 'straight' guy in the company right now although i get the impression he's gonna go down the 'colour' route once Saxton get's a bit more comfortable.

@ MM3000: Couldn't give a flying fuck if Saxton's skin was fuckin' purple.... Would you prefer it if he played up to a load of negro sterotyping?

@ Noumenon: Holy shit, I didn't know about King's cheat sheets... That's fucking disgraceful!

MizMasta3000

^ I was just saying. I prefer black guys that talk with some sense anyways

Dynamo

Reaction score
^^^ I prefer anyone to talk with 'some sense'. LMAO

@ Airfixx: You think they gona make Josh a Color commentator? That will piss me off royally.

Pair him, with Stryker, (Who is the best color comentator in the company) and let them do the whole fuckin thing!

Airfixx

Pair him, with Stryker and let them do the whole fuckin thing!

I do like that idea... They are head and shoulders above right now, but as per my previous comment... Each week on ECW I hear more Striker-esque shit coming out of Josh and he's starting to rag on Saxton a bit.

MizMasta3000 said:
"I was just saying. I prefer black guys that talk with some sense anyways"

Not that it matters to me, but you're black right? ....If so, start a little closer to home, cos I haven't a fucking clue what THAT response is meant to mean in relation to the preceeding comments from you and I.

You said you forget sometimes that he's black.... How does that relate to the amount of sense he does or doesn't talk?