Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Velocity 04/27/2002 - WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Jamie Knoble (w/ Nidia) vs. Billy Kidman

This is the Vengeance rematch, and Knoble decides to work the back in this match instead of the arm, like he did in that match. Knoble was fucking great in this with basic yet effective moves putting the pressure on the back at all times, the match even had a couple of Nida interference's. At one point in the match they were countering each other’s moves then Knoble busts out this sweet pump-handle exploder. Billy wasn't bad in this too as he was selling the whole time and even hit a few moves that i haven't seen since his WCW days. This did have an awkward moment when Billy roll-up Knoble and I LEGIT swear the ref counts to 3 but he claims it was a 2 count, anyway the match ends when Billy suplexs Knoble back into the ring but Nidia trips him up and Knoble falls on top for the 3 count, Nidia also held Billy's legs down to stop the kick out. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Slammiversary 2013 - Last Knockout Standing: Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell

This fuckin’ match right here man, JESUS CHRIST! Who knew Terrell had this in here really. Her bumping was insane and the selling was off the hook too she made everything look so painful but that wasn't just it, she maybe green and borderline bad in the ring but she busted her ass off with her offense trying to make it look like these two really hate each other, I would put the intensity in this above quite a few matches this year and I can straight up say this was the best TNA “Knockouts” match since Awesome Kong and Gail Kim had their feuds. The story of the match was Kim soften up Terrell’s leg to set up the Figure-Four on the ring post cause that’s here go to move and she knows that’s gonna keep here down for 10. At one point during the match Terrell hits a crossbody on Gail but Gail gets a chair up which hurts both girls. And the crowd gives them the “HOLY SHIT!” And “THIS IS AWESOME!” chants. I should also mention Terrell got some revenge in and put Gail in the figure-four on the ring post to get some REVENGE! Which was nice. Anyway, Gail gets up at the count of 8 and Terrell runs at her but Gail moves out of the way and Terrell goes head first into the ramp. AWESOME! The match ends when Gail tries to Piledrive Terrell on the ramp but she counters it and RKO’S Gail off the ramp and onto the floor, Terrell gets to her feet by the count of nine to while Gail is still down. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Slammiversary 2013 – Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles

AJ STYLES’S THEME SONG! :mark: This was a damn good match here, and it was very different to their matches in the past as they didn't do too much. I liked that they kept it really simple with wrestling moves and didn't do unnecessary flying moves and ridiculous spots that have nothing to do with the story of the match. The beginning of the match was pretty all over the place but in a good way, first AJ tries to lock up with Kurt but obviously that’s not gonna work, so he attempts to kick Kurt’s leg or quick strike him but Kurt dodges. So AJ say “FUCK IT!” I’m just gonna go outside and hopefully Kurt comes out, well Kurt comes out and AJ gains control with brutal punches and he even hits a pretty nice dropkick. But that doesn't last long and Kurt gains control so AJ stops playing nice and targets the injured left leg of Kurt which is bandaged up. I kinda with AJ would have had a longer heat segment on worked on the leg more but Kurt was cutting him off after 2/3 moves. I know Angle doesn't do much in his matches but boy he still knows how to hit sweet suplexes out of nowhere, one thing I've noticed about this whole “Darker, lonely wolf” AJ is most of his game is ground and pound and he will only bust out the high-flying moves when desperate. Unlike when he was a face and most of his offense was high-flying, look at how phenomenal I am. Theirs a moment in the match which is so Kurt/AJ but I’m fine with it, Kurt runs the ropes and tries to suplex AJ off the top rope but AJ somehow lands on his feet, he then charges at Kurt but Kurt catches him and Belly-to-Belly suplexes him into the turnbuckles. The match ends AJ misses the 450, and Kurt attempts a roll-up but AJ kicks out Kurt then goes for an Angle Slam but AJ counters that, so Angle counters again and stacks up AJ with a roll up for the win. I really don’t think Kurt should of went over, and I feel the only reason he went over was because they put him in the HOF and you can’t have your HOF’er losing the night he gets in can you? ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Even 07/05/2013 - Sheamus vs. Antonio "The all Swiss, German" Cesaro

I really liked the mat work at the feeling out process to start the match; it really gave it that big match feel. I did pop when Cesaro started to bite the hand of Sheamus, the match would eventually get going and both men would trade offense for a while until Cesaro rammed Sheamus' shoulder right into the ringpost and took over with chinlocks and headlocks to wear the bigger guy down. Sheamus' comeback was really well done as he got in his usual offense and signature moves and the crowd loved it, another thing i really lived about the match was Sheamus doing the same spot Cesaro did to him and throw him into the ringpost. They start trading moves until Sheamus tries to jump off the tope rope but Cesaro catches him with a UPPERCUT which connected perfectly he also busted out a new move out of desperation, he went up to the top rope and hips Sheamus' with a knee drop half-way across the ring. Cesaro was also using the Chicken-Wing submission in this match too. The match ends when Sheamus hits a poor Brogue Kick which connects with Cesaro's chest. ***1/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Main Even 07/05/2013 - Sheamus vs. Antonio "The all Swiss, German" Cesaro

I really liked the mat work at the feeling out process to start the match; it really gave it that big match feel. I did pop when Cesaro started to bite the hand of Sheamus, the match would eventually get going and both men would trade offense for a while until Cesaro rammed Sheamus' shoulder right into the ringpost and took over with chinlocks and headlocks to wear the bigger guy down. Sheamus' comeback was really well done as he got in his usual offense and signature moves and the crowd loved it, another thing i really lived about the match was Sheamus doing the same spot Cesaro did to him and throw him into the ringpost. They start trading moves until Sheamus tries to jump off the tope rope but Cesaro catches him with a UPPERCUT which connected perfectly he also busted out a new move out of desperation, he went up to the top rope and hips Sheamus' with a knee drop half-way across the ring. Cesaro was also using the Chicken-Wing submission in this match too. The match ends when Sheamus hits a poor Brogue Kick which connects with Cesaro's chest. ***1/4

Damn right, I don't even think the feeling out process was supposed to be like that either. There are parts during the match were they catch each other in odd positions and seem a little out of place but it's still Sheamus and Cesaro so they still beat the shit out of each other to make up for it.

WWE Main Event 6/5/2013- Justin Garbiel v.s Curt Hawkins.

The action wasn't too bad as both are used to this kind of match. There was a forearm exchange that caught me off guard that was a nice touch. This didn't get to escalate with the agression they were bringing at one another but it was still fun for the time being. I saw a Pele Kick from Curt Hawkins that pales in comparison to A.J. Styles' even if it was more accurate it just didn't have the height behind it.

*1/2

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Impact Wrestling 6/6/2013: Bound For Glory qualifier- Chavo Guerrero v.s Hernendez.

Well this started off fine. They knew each other well and played off that throughout the bout but by being smart and looking for openings. Kind of thought they could have started a jealous angle between the two. After some alright back and forth action of one upmanship we get Hernandez quickly rolling up Chavo with just a leverage pin. It was a half ass finish.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Impact Wrestling 6/6/2013: Bound For Glory qualifer- Robbie E. v.s Samoa Joe.

Robbie E at least got some mic time beforehand because everyone knew he was gonna get his head kicked in. Robbie E did almost make the worst mistake of his life as Joe was setting up his knee drop. You should know the set up, I'd just let him finish it. I don't know why E didn't see coming and just took it but he rolls away as Joe is comin' at him so Joe just drops the knee on whatever position he was in. It could have been much worse. You don't fuck with Joe. Joe whups his ass after this and quickly gets this over with. Good for a simple squash.

1/2*

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell - WWF Bad Blood 1997

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Chris Jericho (c) vs Raven - WCW TV Title - WCW Halloween Havoc 1998

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Chris Jericho (c) vs Dean Malenko - WCW Cruiserweight Title - WCW Uncensored 1998

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Syxx vs Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper & Kevin Greene - WCW Slamboree 1997

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 06/14/2013 - Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro

A little different than the Main Event match, last week or 2 weeks ago I forget. I like that instead of having the feeling out process, cause no one wants to see that on TV 8D they just went at one another throwing big bombs, but that plays into Sheamus' game so Cesaro slowed it down with wrestling holds which didn't last long cause he delivered a nice clothesline to the outside. They did quite a few great spots like then Cesaro went onto the ring apron and went for a dive attack but somehow Sheamus catches him in mid-air and just brutally throws him into the ring barricade like he was a small child as we go to the commercial. I was hoping we would of gotten Sheamus working the back before Cesaro took over on the heat-segment but sadly we didn't. I did also realize neither guy really took control of the match for a long period of time, my favorite moment of the match aside from the barricade spot was Sheamus doing the vintage 10 forearms to the chest but this time instead of letting him go he picks Cesaro up and over the ropes into a backbreaker. My only real small problem with the match was the finish was out of nowhere and was a little too anti-climatical for my liking, Cesaro throws him into the corner and goes in but Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick for the win. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 06/14/2013 - The Shield vs. Team RK-NO! & KANE

12/13 MINUTES! REALLY? 12/13 MINUTES! YES! The match was insanely good and everything was great, but it was just a shorten version of what we've all come to love with the Shields matches. Great Heat-Segments on Bryan and, but I do wish we would of gotten more triple team Shield moves and false tag begin cut off. But when we did finally get to the how tag the crowd was so into it I bet the wrestlers felt like they had the crowd in the palm of their hands and could pretty much do anything at this point and not lose them. 12/13 FUCKING' MINUTES THOUGH, REALLY! The finish was pretty much perfectly booked if you think about it, during the Shields six-man matches they would always throw one of the wrestlers over the barricade and onto the time-keepers to gain the numbers advantage but this time it didn't work and KANE threw Dean and Roman over to make it a 3-1. And the crowd's excitement/mark out for the finish with the springboard into the RKO then taps to the YES/NO! Lock was magical. But NOW! I have to rant and tell you my problem with this 1. 12/13 MINUTES LONG, the match was that long. 2. A team who that was barely getting along at the start of the show beat a unit/team that has had 0 miscommunications and cracks showing in 12/13 minutes. 3. I know i feel this way but IDK about you but shouldn't the Shields first big loss be PPV level, I’m not talking about one of those shitty side ones I’m talking big 4. Would people wanna pay money to see the Shield finally get theirs in a six-man match or is that so 90's of me? FUCK IT! I wouldn't of minded if it was the main event of Raw, closing the show that's and it wasn't 12/13 minutes long that's how big i thought this was, but I guess I was the only one huh! Well I don't wanna end it on a rant so I’m gonna talk about my hero right now BRYAN DANIELSON~! The crowd pop when he got the tag and started killing em' with dropkicks might be the biggest pop on SD since Taker came back or maybe even huger. This guy is on another planet right now, it's obviously not on his 2006-2007 work level but it's just a treat seeing him bust his ass off and finally get the credit he deserves, I really can't wait to get this on DVD at the end of the year cause you know it's gonna be on that 2013 SD & RAW TV moments DVD. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 06/13/2013 - Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro

FUCK YEAH! This match was packed with everything, from high-flying, power-moves and striking. Cesaro is pissed and he just beats the shit out of him before the match even starts, and as soon all the bell is rung he just gets even more brutal with his strikes. As for Sami he was Sami, selling everything and bumping like a champ and he just has that underdog with a ton of heart gimmick down. The story for most of the match was Cesaro working the mid-section for the first few minutes but Simi kept fighting back so Cesaro would hit him with a huge move, like a back breaker then go to the mid-section again. One thing I didn't get was Cesaro going for a headlock after working the mid all this time. OH SHIT! The crowd was chanting Ole hm, how did they know? At one point in the match Cesaro dead-lift gut wrench Powerbombs Sami and Regal drops the line “Cesaro is far better than I ever was “HOLY PUT OVER JOB! Sami also hit this sweet counter spot after Cesaro shoves him into the corner, Sami would put him in a body scissors, which he switches into a head scissors, to take Cesaro out over the top. AWESOME! After that they do a bunch of cool back-and-forth spots that really put over how strong Cesaro is and the quickness of Sami. This match is AWESOME! The match would eventually end when Cesaro hits the Neutralizer for the win and as he gets up off the pin he slaps Sami in the head HAHAHAHAHAHA! ***1/2