Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Vader VS. Sting VS. The Guardian Angel, Fall Brawl 1994

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Hero - Final Countdown Tour: Dayton
Loved the chain wrestling at the start, with both men focusing on each other's arm. The match then turned more hard hitting when Hero hit his first elbow, which was only going to happen. And while the latter stages of the matches had a few too many elbow strikes and the like, there was still a lot of good wrestling throughout to even out the stiff action from both guys. ****

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole - PWG Mystery Vortex
Really violent stuff. The ladder shots, the thumbtacks, the stack of chairs, everything used in this match brought off the hatred between these two men extremely well. I didn't like the start of the match that much. I get that they wanted to Steen control the match early on but the crotch to ring post spot and the powerbombs onto each apron made it all a bit repetitive. Thankfully the match picked up another gear and both guys pulled off some really good moments. The relatively sudden ending was also something I liked, as well as the match as a whole not being overly long. In the 20 minutes that they had they fitted everything in. ****

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Lucifer Darksyde vs. Goldust - PWS

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF In Your House 27 "St. Valentine's Day Massacre" (14th February, 1999) - Last Man Standing Match for the WWF Heavyweight Championship: Mankind vs. The Rock

Mankind came into this match with a bad knee due to Rock attacking him earlier in the night (fuckin' intelligent) this was the usual Foley/Rock brawl goodness as they went to the stage & technical area where both men took hard falls like a DDT through a table & suplex on the concrete as they made their way back to ringside where he had a few comedic moments from The Rock on commentary. before they got more violent using whatever was near them such as the announce table, chair, and the steps including one moment where Rock dropped the stairs out of the ring onto Mankind's knees. The double KO ending was pretty cheap, especially since the announcers kept emphasizing that 'there must be a winner', but still another excellent match in this series. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Velocity 05/25/02 - Billy Kidman vs. Tajiri

This was a lot of fun, the early part had some real nice back-and-forth action but it wasn't completely smooth as during the match Tajiri went for a BROCK leg lock but then just dropped the hold completely and started rubbing his face like Billy slapped him with his dick. Anyway things became really good after the commercial break when Tajiri started working the arm and back with sweet submissions and sick-kicks. Billy was also selling the arm extremely well for most of the match e.g. when Tajiri is work over him he would sell it, then he would get in a move of his own but then he would remember the arm and start selling immediately. This also has the sickest way into the tarantula ever as Tajiri spring boarded over the ropes on to Billy’s back and then hit the tarantula move. The match ends when Torrie comes to the ring in her bra and panties to piss off her ex-Tajiri and to turn on her current off screen BF Billy anyway Billy to hit his finishing move that is not the SSP I think it’s called the Kid Krusher. ***1/4

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom V
A great match here that really showcased both mens chemistry together. It was as you'd expect from both of these men - fast paced, back-and-forth, and pretty hard hitting, but it was the precision of all these moves and the fluidity of the action that makes it such a fun match to watch. They don't spend too long getting right into the thick of the action, and they don't go into overkill mode with the amount of big moves they get in as well. Like most Devitt and Ibushi matches, the final few moments are really exciting to watch, and manage to cap it off at just the right spot. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 05/23/2013 - Sami Zayn vs. Curt Hawkins

Olé! Chants before the match even starts :mark: This was short but really Fun Sami brought he energy and quick, smooth offense while Curt showed he’s decent in the ring and could be a solid mid-card guy on Smackdown if he just found that thing. Curt did hit this beautiful enziguri like the one Joe hits but instead of doing it when he opponent is up against the turnbuckle he did it as Sami was coming into the him with Curt’s back on the turnbuckle. I also liked the finish with Sami hitting the springboard tornado DDT (You know the one when he grabs his opponents hand then runs the ropes and springboards off into the tornado DDT) **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 05/23/2013 - Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro

So Cesaro squashes that Tatsu bum in like 60 seconds. Post-Match: He cuts the same promo he did on Raw a few weeks ago saying no one can hold a candle to him in the ring, and he puts the “W” in WWE. :lmao Sami Zayn comes out and interrupts and this is the first time they have had a conversation where they both speak English. Then they begin to argue in French. Then Sami says it’s on “HOME BOY” YES! As for the match it was good but it needed more time, I’m telling you if this gets 15-20 MOTY and you can quote me on that. I liked the counter holds in the beginning before the break but then Cesaro took over and Sami put on his usual Bumping and Selling display, man I love this guy. One point in the match Sami goes up top and tries to hit a crossbody but Cesaro catches him in mid-air and hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. AWESOME! Anyway the match ends when Cesaro goes for a suplex but Sami counters and schoolboys him for the win. Post-match: Cesaro attacks Sami from behind and plants him with the Neutralizer to ensure we get a rematch. MARK! **1/2

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Rock (c) vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - WWF Title - WWF Wrestlemania 17

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries - ROH Final Battle 2004
The match started off really well with Austin Aries trying to figure out the best way to take on Samoa Joe. He started with a really fast pace, before applying some headlocks, and then going onto the leg of Joe. Things slowed down a good bit when Joe took over, but not in a very good way. If anything it just felt like they were waiting until it was time to get into the last bit of the match where Aries fights back with a flurry of moves. Once it gets into the last final minutes though, it becomes really enjoyable to watch. The kick-outs were done very well, and the crowd getting behind every move Aries did really added to the energy of the match. Aries finally getting the pin on Joe was one of the best crowd reactions I've seen for an ROH title switch. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 02/06/2003 - Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

Just the normal AWESOMENESS! Between the two and quite the forgotten TV match, I would put this ahead of some of their early encounters mainly because they didn't try to go out and do just crazy unnecessary bumps but kept it simple. This happen maybe a 3 weeks after the Rumble match so they played off spots from that match with new reversals and counters. A great moment in the match was Angle hitting the buckle bomb with Benoit NO-SELLING it to hit the release German suplex, also the 2/3 minutes they spent countering the Ankle Lock into the Crossface and vise verse was great. Benoit busts his eye open and it looks pretty "BADASS" I think it happen when he missed the diving headbutt and lands on the eye. Angle gets the Angle Slam out of nowhere for the anticlimactic win. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 05/29/2013 - Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus

This was quite the match really hard hitting and physical, but the match has it flaws like Wade clotheslines Sheamus to the outside before the commercial break and it appears that Sheamus hurts his arm, hell during the break we see Wade throwing Sheamus into the steel steps. So why is it when we come back from the commercial Wade has a chinlock on him and working the head while Sheamus is selling the arm still. Matter of fact Wade doesn't even go after the arm until the ending of the match. But aside from that it was enjoyable, Sheamus was ON! Here with his bumping it's borderline Dolph level Wade kicked him in the head like 10 different times in 10 different angles. To which Sheamus put over huge, when the match breaks down and the crowd fully got involved this became really good and they started trading big moves. The match ends when Sheamus attempts White Noise but Barrett escapes and throws Sheamus arm first into the ring post twice and goes for the Bull Hammer but Sheamus catches him with a Brogue Kick for the win. ***

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Roderick Strong vs. Taiji Ishimori - ROH TV 24/5/13
Definitely one of the better matches I've seen on ROH TV. There were a few moments in the match where both men didn't mesh that well, especially when Ishimori went to do any dives to the outside (he always seems to stall like crazy before attempting them), but there was still a lot of fun action throughout. The crowd also helped this match a good bit, because for the last 5 minutes or so they were fully behind every move. If it weren't for the atmosphere I probably wouldn't have liked it quite as much as I did. ***1/2