Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
DDP vs Randy Savage - WCW The Great American Bash 1997

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Supercard of Honor II - Steel Cage: Jimmy Jacobs (w/Lacey) vs. BJ Whitmer (w/Daizee Haze)

Still holds up as my favorite ROH steel cage match of all time and quite possible my favorite Indy cage match too, hell this whole feud was one of my favorites period. The fact that they kept it going a whole year but added other guys in the mix to keep it going and fresh, AMAZING! But yeah this was an great way to end the feud. Because it had it all, prom hatred-passion-intensity-violence-all the moves were spot on and it never got boring once. The match starts off with Jimmy making his way to the ring and during the entrance the crowd were chanting “please don’t die” Jacobs dives through the door onto Whitmer before the bell and start brawling for a while they would eventually make it back into the ring and from that every spot would be even more violent than the last, you don't believe me then 2 minutes with being into the cage BJ kills Jimmy with a steel chair to the head which actual chipped Jimmy's fuckin tooth, true story. Jimmy would gain control after BJ tires to give him a brainbuster on a chair but Jimmy counters it with a drop-toehold onto the chair, like Raven does it. He then orders Lacey to get a weapon from security. The kid comes back with a spike. Whitmer pulls a spike out of his boot and we have a standoff. So naturally they have a fuckin' SPIKE DUEL! And just spike each other in the head, get up and do it again. Then they just start stabbing each other in the head countless time, so you can just imagine both men are pretty much bleeding like horror movie and the crowd pop was insane. Jacobs spikes himself in the head and Whitmer hits a turnbuckle powerbomb, and then asks the Haze to gets him a fuckin' barbed wire bat. But Jacobs gets to it first, and he hits BJ right in the bloody head with it. AND HOLDS THE BARBED WIRE IN HIS MOUTH! He licks the blood off of Whitmer’s face and spits it back at him. :mark: Now he’s got both railroad spikes. STABS TO THE HEAD AND ARMS! He lays BJ down with his head in the barbed wire…CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! But that wouldn't be enough to keep BJ down, he then tries to spike him again but BJ counters it by powerbomb into the cage. He hits Jacobs with the barbed wire bat on his stomach and his back. But decides he's not done so he BRAINBUSTER JIMMY ONTO AN OPEN SITTING CHAIR! Which only gets a 2 count, fun fact this is like 15 minutes in and that was the first pinfall attempt. The match would eventually have some really great back-and-forth big moves without weapons like, when Contra Code but Whitmer counters to the Adrenaline Spike for 2 when Lacey breaks it up. Whitmer hits the Adrenaline Spike on Lacey and climbs to the top of the cage. He goes for a frog splash but misses and Jacobs hits the Contra Code for 2 but Jimmy looks like he would hurt his knee here so he orders one of the students into the ring I think it was Rhett to help set up a table and then puts Whitmer on it. He climbs to the top of the cage but Whitmer goes up after him. Jacobs knocks Whitmer down and puts him back on the table. And finally KILLS BJ WITH A FUCKIN' SENTON BOMB FROM THE TOP OF THE CAGE THROUGH THE TABLE! I should add that the cage senton was when Jimmy tore his ACL or MCL i forget which one. But yeah WOW! WOW! WOW! One of the most violent things I've ever seen. ****1/2

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: Jay Lethal v.s Alex Shelley.

Solid opener for this type of show. Maybe, you could have a more spotty match than this with more highflyers but I'd take this over that just about every single time. This was your typical back and forth, oneupmanship, two young guys trying to impress X style match. Some interesting exchanges while Shelley kept trying to ground and tie up Lethal however Lethal kept coming back with his unique combinations taking Shelley off his game at times. It was a mule kick late by Shelley after a couple reversals that led to his Slice Bread finish. Fun match but not much actual substance.

**1/2

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: Maverick Matt v.s Lance Hoyt.

Well this sure doesn't feel like a PPV match at all. It turned out to be a run of the mill match too. I guess there was some alright action at points. Hoyt pulled off a moonsault but missed Michael Shane. Late in the match Eric Young's masterplan to find Sting takes away from the match and leads to the ending. Young's plan was to drop flyers from the ceiling. Yeah, seriously. Tracy Brooks gets one of the flyers and distracts Shane for about 20 seconds with it. Honestly this was stupid. Sting has nothing to do with this match so why would Tracy cost him the match? He turns around and takes a Big Boot from one of the many big men TNA wasted in their existence. This really should have just happened on Impact unless you think Sting's storyline needed this.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: The Naturals v.s Team Canada(Eric Young & Bobby Roode).

This match had a great tag pace going on for quite a while but then it falls apart. The Naturals early on look crisp doing some basic stuff but they sure weren't ready for this match to escalate. They had some double team wheelbarrow move that they did to Young but it just looked awful. It was completely fucked. Then a couple minutes later Team Canada has a double team Superplex planned so either Douglas or Stevens can't remember pulls them off the top rope. Well what he does IS pulls all 3 men off so the Superplex happens. Good job killing your partner. I'm so glad they lost shortly after this. The Naturals sure need more time to develop their skills and looked generic as hell as faces here. Before all that it was fine but this is supposed to be an important tag match in this division so you know I expect better.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: Machete, Homicide & Konnan v.s The James Gang & Bob Armstrong.

If you don't know who the James Gang are then you don't know anything. Machete on the other hand is a totally forgettable guy in wrestling. The only guy that was any good in this was Homicide. Too bad this was booked for The James Gang and B.G. James' 66 year old Father to win. UGH. This was just fuckin' terrible. Slow and uninteresting is the best way to describe this. I'm gonna give it 1/4* though for Homicide trying to work around this garbage.

1/4*

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: Puma v.s Sonjay Dutt v.s Petey Williams v.s Chris Sabin.

This is exactly as you'd expect it to be. All over the DAMN place. I didn't care much for this though. I didn't see desperation to win from most of the guys, just speeding up to hit spots. Williams and Sabin however actually look like they want to win. Go figure. You know actually trying to be a winner may actually take you somewhere. Take some damn notes, Dutt. You ain't ever gonna hold the X Title unless TNA finally feels so SORRY for you that you finally get a reign. Puma looked a bit out of place here too. I did enjoy Sabin & Williams trying to get the pinfall late going for their respective finishers on anyone that was around them. Sabin ends up hitting Puma with the Shell Shock after some back and forth from all 4 men. Decent match but it's nothing you haven't seen before if you watch this division.

**3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: Jeff Jarrett, Abyss & America's Most Wanted v.s Rhyno, Ron Killings & Team 3D.

This was the best match so far. These two teams went at each other right from the start in this 8-man War. Everyone paired off at first and brawled in the crowd and ringside. TNA did a good job focusing on the action here actually. Of course there can be a lot of downtime when you're waiting for wrestlers to find room in the crowd so having 8 folks distracted you from that. They finally get to the ring and we just get interesting exchanges from all the changing parts in this match. It also escalated well and eventually broke down like any tag match would. It wasn't overall amazing though from an action standpoint but from a developing standpoint this was quite nice. Of course lately we've got so many great multi-man matches with the Shield(and Daniel Bryan) that this match just doesn't keep up with most of them. It's still a pretty damn good match regardless.

***1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Destination X 2006: Ultimate X- Christopher Daniels v.s A.J. Styles v.s Samoa Joe(c).

This was to follow up their sensational triple threat match at Breakable the year prior. The action was on point with some heart stopping action. However in the end it feels like most Ultimate X matches. It's like it's not a fully put together match. It just ends after some entertaining stuff. Considering that Unbreakable match... this just isn't in the same league. I mean, this time we got an Ultimate X match here. Joe being bigger wasn't even what the announcer's harped on here. I expected it to be their main concern for him. Gettin' across those ropes ain't the easy thing to do. Joe was still undefeated here too. I don't get it. It was still a great match just doesn't live up to the classic that happened before. I am gonna chalk it up that this UX match is harder to prepare for even if you a seasoned veteran in this division. Daniels took it after a lackluster finishing sequence considering the talent.

***1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Samoa Joe VS. Mr Anderson - TNA Impact 27//13
Didn't mind this match as Joe controlled most of it and it was kept short. Odd choice to close the show, really they could have just used an angle to introduce Joe as the next MEM guy.

**1/2

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima - ROH Final Battle 2008
Second time watching this match and it still holds up pretty well. Even though this match took place a year after their last encounter both guys still brought off the immense intensity from their matches in 2007. There was high drama, stiff shots, and fought at a pretty fast pace. There were also good call backs to those previous matches as well, such as Danielson going after the eye of Morishima, delivering some low blows, and Morishima delivering some nasty lariats. It's not the best match of their series (I'd still put their match at Manhattan Mayhem II ahead of this), but it's still a really enjoyable match. 8/10

Reactions: 1 person

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Undertaker (c) vs The Rock - WWF Title - WWF King of the Ring 1999

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) vs The Undertaker - First Blood Match - WWF Title - WWF Fully Loaded 1999

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Mickie James VS. Victoria Raw 24/10/05
Mickie's debut match at least on Raw and for a short Ladies TV match its watchable. They pack quite a lot into five minutes and have some good back a fourth action, with just a couple of sloppy forearms from James and a messy finish (which neither can be blamed for). They did the best with what they were given.

**1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Impact Wrestling 07/11/2013 - #1 Contender's Ladder Match: Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim

This match fuckin’ ruled, apart from the first one o3 two minutes that showed Taryn still looks bad running the ropes and her flying clotheslines look even worse. But as soon as they started doing the big spots like the messy spear through the ropes it got a lot more enjoyable. I have to admit Taryn looked great at times like suplexes and neck breakers looked great but basic forearms looked bad but as soon as she started bumping I feel in love with her again it really covers up the lack of exp’ she has, I also give a ton of credit to Gail too as was selling for everything and even brought the psychology by trying to work on the legs. My fav spot was when Gail ran under the ring and Taryn shoved the ladder right into her face, Gail sold that like a champ I LEGIT thought she was KO’ed or the AWESOME! Figure-Four using the ladder that was pure genius, then Taryn selling it on the ladder so she couldn't reach the contract and saw Gail getting up and killed her with a body cross. AWESOME! Taryn’s bump off the Ace Crush was sick the sound of here hitting the match was nasty and that lead to a genius cheap heel tactic of Gail tying Taryn’s hair to the ropes so she couldn't move which allowed her to climb the ladder and win. I was kinda hoping for one more huge Taryn death bump but the cleaver heel win was smart too. 2 more things I noticed, 1. Taryn is clearly the best bumper in TNA right now and 2. This match went 15 minutes which is pretty great. ***