Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 07/03/2013 - Christian vs. Damien Sandow

Really fun match that had a slow build with the young up and comer getting the better over the veteran, but the vet was able to come back and start prostrating the young guy with basic offense of headlocks and quick pins. Sandow busting the cartwheel before he started to take over was AWESOME! He began to work the head but Christian kept cutting him off at every turn. The majority of the match was really back-and-forth and it was exactly what Christian needed for his return. The ending was pretty hot to, as Sandow counter the Killswitch into an Edge-O-Matic, for two. OH SHIT! Cody putting over that Edge used that move often in his matches and Sandow used it against his best friend and tag partner was AWESOME! He just made Miz look like a bigger piece of shit than usual. Sandow would get ANGRY and this would allow Christian to catch Sandow in the ropes and hit the Killswitch for the win. ***1/4 - ***1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Batista, Eddie Guerrero & Rowdy Roddy Piper VS. Randy Orton, Ken Kennedy & Cowboy Bob Orton Smackdown 28/10/05
Actually enjoyed this one, the veterans are kept in checked and don't over shadow the others in the match there is a lot fun during the match with the crowd going nuts for Hot Rod. Pretty good effort from all concerned.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Raven vs Tommy Dreamer - TNA Hardcore Justice 2010

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
John Cena VS. Shawn Michaels Raw 31/10/05
This is a nice and tidy short TV main event which was booked to hype the triple threat at Table Tuesday and suggest that fans should vote for HBK as the third man. More basic than their mania clash, but still some nice exchanges and wrestling.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Edge (c) vs John Cena - WWE Title - TLC - WWE Unforgiven 2006

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Samoa Joe VS. Christopher Daniels Lockdown 2009
Enjoyable back and fourth matches with both showing a lot of energy and a good range of counter wrestling, stiff blows, high risk moves and submission holds. Most be one of Joe's best post 2008 matches.

***1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sting VS. Samoa Joe Victory Road 2009
It was all right. Taz showing up sucked.

**1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
British Cruiserweight Championship Prince Devitt VS. Mark Haskins VS. El Ligero VS. Noam Dar
Not quite the best match on this show but still very engrossing action, with inventive spots and good crowd reaction.

***1/2

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Pinkie Sanchez vs AR Fox - DGUSA: Enter The Dragon 2011

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Trish Stratus (c) vs Jazz - WWE Womens Title - WWE Backlash 2003

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fighting Sprit 2007 - Jay Briscoe & Erick Stevens vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Mark is still out after almost dying, so Erick is taking his place and this is a non-title match. Jay really wants to get to Steen since it was him that put Mark in hospital again, but he’s forced to start with Generico. DICK! Steen heel work is great, the first 1/3 of the match was really good and solid back-and-forth action with Erick getting the better of Generico until Steen tags in and as he’s a bigger man that allowed him to take it to Stevens and just beat him up, but still take little cheap shots at Jay letting him know we still know he’s in the match. Mid-way through the match; The No Remorse Corps (Roddy, Davey & Rocky) appear at ringside and attack Stevens. Roddy Powerbombs him into a guardrail, and that’s him taken out of the match. The next portion of the match is pretty much Jay wrestling by himself; just like he was when he won the tag belts in Detroit. I have to admit the heat-segment, 2-1 against Mark went on a bit too long but I’d say judging from the crowd reaction when Mark came through the crowd, that everything was paced just right. Steen is hilarious during the 2-1 attack, so Steen lays the boots to Jay and then goes over to Jay's corner and desperately reaches for a “Hot-Tag” to taunt him. Anyway, the 2-1 last around 8/9 minutes until Jay hits a Falcon Arrow Brainbuster for two on Generico. Suddenly, Mark Briscoe hops the rail in his street clothes and hops on the apron and begs for the tag. And his own mother beg him to get down :mark: But him being a Briscoe he doesn't listen so HOT TAG TO MARK! And it’s AWESOME! As he comes in with DAT “RED NECK KUNG FU” The match would breakdown like a traditional Briscoe/Steenerico match would and both teams would hit a ton of double teams and near falls. This match also included a Generico hitting a half nelson suplex, followed by a Yakuza Kick and another half nelson suplex. Just for MARK BRISCOE NO SELLS IT! And come back with a clothesline but Steen drags him to the floor and rams his head into the barricade. Back in, and Steenerico hit the PACKAGE PILEDRIVER! BRAINBUSTER! Combo for the win. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fighting Sprit 2007 - ROH World Championship: Takeshi Morishima vs. Nigel McGuinness

I love how all Morishima matches start with him trying to fuckin’ kill you within 30 seconds of the match. The match was very “Japanese Puro, Heavyweight” Match, as every strike, submission hold was stiff and brutal; then as the match went on neither guy would sell a thing. I would say this was Nigel’s best “underdog” performance since the “Unified” match in the UK, as he gave Morishima a hell of a fight even though even in defeat. I don’t think the match ever crossed the line into feeling epic or “big-time” though. But I also do feel this is their best match together. The match would end when Morishima hits the missile dropkick but Nigel no sells it and hits a lariat. Nigel’s realizes he needs the Jawbreaker Lariat and NAILS IT! But Morishima kicks out and the crowd is pissed. Nigel tries it a second time but Morishima hits a series of strikes for a two count. Morishima hits a Back Drop Driver, and Nigel no sells it he tries another Lariat but Morishima hits another Back Drop and that finally gets him the win. ***1/2

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
YAMATO (c) vs PAC - Open The Freedom Gate Title - DGUSA: Enter The Dragon 2011