Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
I really don't know how they are going to book this match, I'd assume both will be face but I could be wrong, but this is would I'd do it. Have HBK beat Flair. Then prior to the ME I'd have HHH cut a promo saying that he is going out their and is going to dedicate the match to his friend Flair. Then in the ME have HHH beat Cena/Orton via Figure 4, to pay homage to the great career of Flair or something like that, and then have Flair come out for his last "curtain call" so to say and celebrate with HHH.

I would love to see something like that happen at the end that would be awesome and a good way for flair to go maybe have HBK in there too. Hope they do something long those lines were flair gets to say his goodbyes wot ever happens it gonna be an emotional night for flair

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well Roxxi that's why you don't know anything. This Flair-HBK match is going to be a great match for two reasons.....One is that HBK is the best in ring performer when it comes to Wrestlemania, and two being that Ric Flair is going to do ALOT more than he normally does if this is in fact his last match. It has the makings for a classic Wrestlemania match that we'll be talking about for a while.
I can tell you right now how this match is going to go.
-Flair and HBK circle and talk, Flair looking confident, HBK confident as well but clearly doesn't want to go through with this.
-Tie up/exchange of knife edge chops, Flair's having thrice the effect of HBK's
-Flair goes down. HBK stalls for about 15 seconds before going for the pin. Flair kicks out.
-Flair yells at HBK for not giving his all.
-Flair goes down. HBK stalls for about 15 seconds before going for the pin. Flair kicks out.
-After about 15 minutes of that, HBK goes for a superkick. Flair ducks and trips HBK, goes for the leglock, HBK screams like he's having open heart surgery with no anesthetic, five minutes later he rolls over to reverse the pressure, five minutes of screaming, roll, scream, roll, scream, eventually one of them grabs the ropes.
-Duck under a knife edge chop, Superkick
-Pin
-They hug and kiss cheeks, disturbing the majority of the audience

Not worth my time or money to see that half hour of painfully slow overselling.
This is an argument that I will never understand from you. For 3 months you have come on and moaned and bitched about how Ric Flair is currently the worst wrestler in the WWE and how the WWE is burying all their talent by letting Flair beat them, uncleanly mind you. Now you come on and bitch because HBK is retiring him and not Kennedy or MVP. You say this is terrible because it would shoot them straight to ME status. Now can you please explain to me how if Flair is sooooo terrible, worthless, and old that win alone vaults them straight to the ME?
Because WWE keeps pushing Flair as someone talented, for some reason, so anyone who retires him is going to get a massive push from it. Obviously if you asked any normal person if it's justified to praise someone for being able to beat up this that person would either laugh or call the authorities on you for assaulting the elderly, but in the magical land of kayfabe where a 58 year old slapping a man like Triple H will make him scream so hard tears well up, retiring Flair gives you a push.

If you're all up on Flair's final match having to be a good one, how is it good to have it with a gimmick that his opponent doesn't even want to win? Flair is beaten by a guy not even giving 100% and letting himself get beat up for most of the match, and not taking pins when the opportunities arrive. If you want to do Flair justice, he SHOULD be in a match against someone like Kennedy or a monster like Umaga or Snitsky. No, i'm not saying it has to be Snitsky, don't get all up on me about that. But i'm saying that 20 minutes against someone who wants to absolutely destroy Flair is a lot more impressive than 20 minutes against a punching bag who eventually decides to superkick at the end.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I can tell you right now how this match is going to go.
-Flair and HBK circle and talk, Flair looking confident, HBK confident as well but clearly doesn't want to go through with this.
-After about 15 minutes of that, HBK goes for a superkick. Flair ducks and trips HBK, goes for the leglock, HBK screams like he's having open heart surgery with no anesthetic, five minutes later he rolls over to reverse the pressure, five minutes of screaming, roll, scream, roll, scream, eventually one of them grabs the ropes.
-Duck under a knife edge chop, Superkick
-Pin
-They hug and kiss cheeks, disturbing the majority of the audience

Not worth my time or money to see that half hour of painfully slow overselling.

Because WWE keeps pushing Flair as someone talented, for some reason, so anyone who retires him is going to get a massive push from it. Obviously if you asked any normal person if it's justified to praise someone for being able to beat up this that person would either laugh or call the authorities on you for assaulting the elderly, but in the magical land of kayfabe where a 58 year old slapping a man like Triple H will make him scream so hard tears well up, retiring Flair gives you a push.

If you're all up on Flair's final match having to be a good one, how is it good to have it with a gimmick that his opponent doesn't even want to win? Flair is beaten by a guy not even giving 100% and letting himself get beat up for most of the match, and not taking pins when the opportunities arrive. If you want to do Flair justice, he SHOULD be in a match against someone like Kennedy or a monster like Umaga or Snitsky. No, i'm not saying it has to be Snitsky, don't get all up on me about that. But i'm saying that 20 minutes against someone who wants to absolutely destroy Flair is a lot more impressive than 20 minutes against a punching bag who eventually decides to superkick at the end.

Wow Roxxi, I didnt know you could see into the future. Why don't you stop pretending like you know better than anyone else about how matches are/should be because in the grand scheme of things, you really dont know shit about professional wrestling.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Ok, i'm wrong. HBK is going to absolutely assault Flair, hitting knife edge chops from hell while no-selling Flair's, simply laugh at the Figure-Four, jump on every possible pin attempt and yell at the ref for counting slow when Flair kicks out at two, and put Flair in a tree of woe and superkick him in the manberries over and over until they come out Flair's mouth. Then he'll pin Flair with one foot, spit in his mouth, and then tell Randy Orton that he's a god.

Because hey, I don't know anything about anything, so what I said before will not happen in any capacity, right?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Ok, i'm wrong. HBK is going to absolutely assault Flair, hitting knife edge chops from hell while no-selling Flair's, simply laugh at the Figure-Four, jump on every possible pin attempt and yell at the ref for counting slow when Flair kicks out at two, and put Flair in a tree of woe and superkick him in the manberries over and over until they come out Flair's mouth. Then he'll pin Flair with one foot, spit in his mouth, and then tell Randy Orton that he's a god.

Because hey, I don't know anything about anything, so what I said before will not happen in any capacity, right?

Probably not. There will be stalling, of course, because even back when Flair was young, he stalled. Same with HBK, but not in the way you described and not for as long, which shows you dont know shit. You really need to brush up on your history. Knowing the past is a good way to get an indicator of the future.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Agreed.

As far as the actual match, I don't understand you. Will it kill you to just sit back and wait and see what happens? You have no idea how this match is going. There are still 4 or 5 weeks to Mania during which Flair is going to push HBK to give it his all. Also don't be surprised if McMahon or someone throws in a stipulation for if HBK loses. Like the loser retires or if HBK loses he doesn't get a shot at the title for a certain period of time. Yet again, don't prejudge you always do that and pisses me off. If you would just let things happen and let your mind enjoy something instead of just closing your mind and resolving that it's going to suck before it happens, you might actually enjoy it.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Why is there a poll asking what the best match was with no choices to pick? i really like the idea of the poll and i would love to see it back up.

anyways raw was pretty good last week. i enoyed it for the most part and it really got some storylines going more than anything.

John

Why is there a poll asking what the best match was with no choices to pick? i really like the idea of the poll and i would love to see it back up.

I guess because after a week people didnt change them, so i dont know why they say A And C. anyway raw was average this week. i give it a 6/10. the best match was Jericho Vs. Harvery (woops i meant hardy) and the worst match was the one with umaga against a joober.

Enigma22

Reaction score
they need to stop giving mayweather creative power cause his promos were terrible tonight...

Soulpower

This might be the greatest RAW EVER!!!

Cooking with Goldberg
Jeff Hardy shoots laser beams from his eyes
The ridiculously expensive Jeritron 6000
Floyd Mayweather talking about jets (Get the jets ready!), breaking jaws and PANCAKES
The Santino Playboy Cover
Hornswoggle apparently getting raped by JBL.

Edit: I forgot to add... Posing for Playboy makes you smarter.

Rating: 20/10

HBKforever

Reaction score
I mean are we serious here. Roxxi you pretty accurately predicted a Flair/HBK match......at a house show! maybe even Raw....but we're talking about Wrestlemania here....we're talking about Flair's last match here......You really think they're just gonna go out and exchange chops for a half hour? You're insane.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Raw Was actually pretty good this week.
they had some good segments not counting mayweather because he was just awful tonight.
I was VERY shocked that cody rhodes actually had a good match. i think it was more of the fact i REALLY wanted carlito to win though.

the main event was ok. it was a verry small john cena heel turn although it wasn't really a heel turn but it seemed like it for a sec and im glad randy came out on top.

the jeff hardy/Jericho segment was pretty awesome.

JBL/Finlay/Hornswaggle was OK it was kinda weird with the lights going out. i mean it did kinda remind of of something sick.

Santino was gold all the way tonight. i still HATE marias voice and wish she would go back to the dumb cute girl

Overall a pretty decent raw

oh and im not happy kennedy jobbed to cena.

and the flair HBK segments have been great too.

liran_noy

Reaction score
or Maby The Good Guys Will Win One More Time

HBKforever

Reaction score
who didn't?

and raw sucked. the only thing that made almost got a chuckle out of me was santino's face on maria's flat boobs.

Well obviously you're taking my quote out of context but go ahead....just makes you look stupid. And though Maria may be flat by WWE diva standards, she's still ridiculously hot.