Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

yeh, the musicn changes are rubbish. wwe definately need a slap, the hardy one needs a remix and kennedy neds his old one back.
my evaluation of raw
best match on raw: Cena Vs. Orton, Ref is HHH
worst match on raw: Kennedy Vs. Val Venis

Airfixx

I just got an idea that maybe Y2J either jumps to SD! or stay on Raw and turns heel setting up a program with Batista, who at the moment has nothing to do.(By the way the last time a big thought like this randomly popped into my head it was the day after RR and I thought that Cena, HHH, and Orton would have a triple threat at WM, so you never know.) Anyway I also was confused by the lack of Jericho.

I missed Raw. Did something happen to suggest that Y2J wouldn't be having a street fight with JBL @ WM? Always thought that was one of the more predictable additions to the card.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Has something ever happened to suggest that they would be having a street firght at WM? lol.. Y2J never came out and JBL was beating the piss out of Hornswaggle so I'd assume the JBL feud is over.

Airfixx

^Has something ever happened to suggest that they would be having a street firght at WM? lol..

The DQ finish @ RR. Considering how personal this fued was meant to be (bringing Y2Js kids into it) you'd think that either man would want to stand proud, middle of the ring as the clear victor. Street fight was just logical as they'd already show that trad. rules couldn't hold them

Y2J never came out and JBL was beating the piss out of Hornswaggle so I'd assume the JBL feud is over.

Lame. Y2Js return goes from bad to worse.... Thought the idea was that they'd use this fued to compensate for the lack of impact his return had... His 1st 2 'fueds':

DQ win against Orton
DQ loss against JBL

Wow! Way to portray a competetive force. : O P

the dark knight

^that was one of the reasons raw wasn't perfect. jericho's gone and his feud with JBL is like history now after JBL switched focus on the vince angle. i think he'll be vince's hand picked superstar to beat up finlay at WM.

also, you imbeciles cant stop. what was so fun in watching hornswoggle get beat up? and how was that sick? it wasn't neither fun or sick. it was just lame, boring and.....boring.

Airfixx

See, until now, that's what I thought was clever about the whole Horny angle so far... No one managed to actually lay a blow on him and as a result it kinda ended up being more about those surrounding him (Vince, Finaly Khali & now JBL).

Shame on Vince for needing JBLs help to administer the 'tough love' though (having gone as far as putting the two of them alone in a cage).... What a fuckin' pussy! LOL

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Jeff's music is decent for the first 10 seconds, then it goes blah for me. I didn't necessarily mind it as much as Kennedy. Why in the hell would they change Kennedy's? Seriously. It sounds more like face music than heel music with this new stuff. It just doesn't work and sounds too Blue. I'm sure I'll grow into Hardy's new intro, but Kennedy, unless he becomes a face, I'm not too sure....
A face Kennedy, now that would be something to see.

"Bangup job announcing me, Ms. Garcia... can I call you Lilian? Anyway, i'd like to do something here, if I may... thanks. Ladies and gentlemen... you all know who I am... but my partner, standing beside me, weighs in tonight at two-hundred-forty pounds... he hails from WEST NEW-BUR-Y, MASS-EH-CHEW-SEEEETS... JOOOHHHN CEEEEENAAAAAAAAA!!!

CEEEEENAAAAAAA..."

HHHforever

Reaction score
^that was one of the reasons raw wasn't perfect. jericho's gone and his feud with JBL is like history now after JBL switched focus on the vince angle. i think he'll be vince's hand picked superstar to beat up finlay at WM.

also, you imbeciles cant stop. what was so fun in watching hornswoggle get beat up? and how was that sick? it wasn't neither fun or sick. it was just lame, boring and.....boring.

Trust me I am not on the Hornswaggle storyline bandwagon. All I'm saying is that out of all the stupid shit we've seen out of this whole storyline, this was the best one just because Hornswaggle got his ass kicked. I'm soooooo tired of this story and I'm hoping that since Horny has "brain swelling" according to wwe.com that he won't be on my tv for a long time. This whole thing has gone on for far too long and I hope it goes away very soon.

Airfixx

Finally saw this weeks show last night. Not gonna re-tread ground already covered, but a couple of things I noted:

*Loved the little backstage skit between HHH & Orton... It's great when you have the guys talking on that level, refering to old matches without getting all heated and "I'm gonna kill you".... I think there should be more stuff like this as it kinda of alludes (in kayfaybe) to the kinda conversations that may go on in the locker room.

*King: "Everyone who's won MITB has gone on to be a world champ"

I'd love to have seen exactly what colour, thru rage, Kennedy turned upon hearing this.

*Show/Floyd: Doesn't look to me like the angle is getting over as planned. The majority of the crowd were cheering for 'the not so big Show' and at times booing Floyd... Now having manhandled Rey (an ultra-face) in order to call Floyd out and get a little publicity for his return (as he explained it) you'd think WWE want him to be the heel in this scenario.

Said it elsewhere on IWF a day or two ago, but the reactions to the wrestlers have been a lot more mixed for the bulk of the year so far and I'm wondering, if it continues, whether this will eventually force Vince to reconsider how he selects people for a push and whether we will start to see a few more tweeners again like we did in the late 90s.

the dark knight

i laughed when JR once again (for the 10000th anyway) fucked up. money in the MANK match..

HBK made lance cade look goooooooooooood. one of many reasons why HBK is a living legend.

and thank fucking god they're finally dropping the hornswoggle angle. someone from the crowd made me laugh. everytime JBL said "he's not your son" he yelled back "he's your daddy"

Hendrixxx

Reaction score
^^LMAO didn't catch that

It's good to see they aren't going to have HBK or Flair go heel for their match at WM.

I would like to see Paul Burchill get the IC title (I'm starting to like him), i'm a huge Hardy fan but he has it for vanity it seems, plus the IC title hasn't been defended at WM in how long?...or on RAW for that matter.

I don't think the Big Show, Floyd angle is going as hoped, it was pretty damn stupid JR brought it up during HBK's match.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well they've officially wasted the monumental push that retiring Ric Flair would give on a superstar who sure as hell doesn't need it. So much for bringing Kennedy or MVP to ME status, it's all about pushing someone who has no more room to go. But I guess it could be worse... they could make Undertaker retire him. Lord knows HE'S not over/MEing enough. </sarcasm>

And from a match entertainment aspect, now it'll come down to a guy who can't wrestle for more than 10 minutes against a guy who kayfabe doesn't want to win. A slower match than Batista Vs. Mysterio a couple months back and a worse match than the infamous fingerpoke of doom.

HBKforever

Reaction score
Well Roxxi that's why you don't know anything. This Flair-HBK match is going to be a great match for two reasons.....One is that HBK is the best in ring performer when it comes to Wrestlemania, and two being that Ric Flair is going to do ALOT more than he normally does if this is in fact his last match. It has the makings for a classic Wrestlemania match that we'll be talking about for a while.

And the push thing for someone else would be stupid. If it was either MVP or Kennedy then they would pull a Jericho and never stop talking about it for 5 years. "I may not have been a world champion, but i DID retire Ric Flair!" Give me a break, Just like in the Savage-Warrior retirement match, Ric Flair deserves to be retired by another legend and you can't do much better than HBK.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well they've officially wasted the monumental push that retiring Ric Flair would give on a superstar who sure as hell doesn't need it. So much for bringing Kennedy or MVP to ME status, it's all about pushing someone who has no more room to go. But I guess it could be worse... they could make Undertaker retire him. Lord knows HE'S not over/MEing enough. </sarcasm>

And from a match entertainment aspect, now it'll come down to a guy who can't wrestle for more than 10 minutes against a guy who kayfabe doesn't want to win. A slower match than Batista Vs. Mysterio a couple months back and a worse match than the infamous fingerpoke of doom.

This is an argument that I will never understand from you. For 3 months you have come on and moaned and bitched about how Ric Flair is currently the worst wrestler in the WWE and how the WWE is burying all their talent by letting Flair beat them, uncleanly mind you. Now you come on and bitch because HBK is retiring him and not Kennedy or MVP. You say this is terrible because it would shoot them straight to ME status. Now can you please explain to me how if Flair is sooooo terrible, worthless, and old that win alone vaults them straight to the ME?

Now I've said this before and I'll say it again, Flair has had the type of career that if he wants a close friend of his, an HBK or HHH type, to retire him than he has earned it. Flair has been wrestling in like 4 different decades I believe and as much as I love Kennedy and want him to get a huge push I don't Flair's career to end with Kennedy mocking him in the middle of the ring after the loss. So if they had to give someone this match that wasn't a rising star I'm perfectly fine with it going to HBK.

I really don't know how they are going to book this match, I'd assume both will be face but I could be wrong, but this is would I'd do it. Have HBK beat Flair. Then prior to the ME I'd have HHH cut a promo saying that he is going out their and is going to dedicate the match to his friend Flair. Then in the ME have HHH beat Cena/Orton via Figure 4, to pay homage to the great career of Flair or something like that, and then have Flair come out for his last "curtain call" so to say and celebrate with HHH.