Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Shua

Reaction score
Some random notes from Raw....

-The Steph/Shane "feud" is interesting. I wonder where they're going with this...whether it could lead to Vinny Mac making his return to shut them up. The line about Steph sleeping with Triple H was great (because, really, it's H that's giving it to Steph so he can run things).

-JBL face turn? Or HBK heel turn? It's nice to see JBL doing something different this week. I wonder what the "arrangement" between the 2 will turn out to be.

-I'm glad Kennedy is finally back. Although, I would've prefered it if he had a match. Since he appeared on Raw, I wonder if he's going to stay there *crosses fingers* or head on back to SmackDown!.

-What the hell is WWE doing with Kane? They totally fucked up his feud with Mysterio, and now he's not even going to be in the IC title tourney because WWE would rather put the tag team champs in it? It's a miracle Kane is still with the company.

-I can't believe the triple threat match was the first hour main event. WWE sure knows how to book their matches. So I guess we're going to see Orton vs Batista at Unforgiven. Should be a good match.

-Huzzah for Goldust!! I'm happy he's back. Since Dibiase is out of commission, I think it'd be great to see a Cody/Goldy feud. Maybe have Cody berate Goldy for his antics, tarnishing the family name and such. Hehe Pasquali and Francesco. :D

-I'm actually surprized that Snitsky controlled a majority of his match against Punk.....but the outcome was way too obvious.

-What's going on with Mike Knox? Is he the new Kevin Nash, going after all the little people?

-Glad to see Melina back. Although, I guess Botchamania will have a new clip for their next video, with WWE spoiling her return. I can't believe the diva's match was the main event :|

-Was it just me, or did the Jericho/Cena segment last far too long? I didn't realize Jericho and Cena had turned into Triple H. Jericho has gotten far too bland with his promos since turning heel....and Cena, well, him snapping at the end was interesting enough I guess.

JTG

Reaction score
I’m happy Goldust is back and hoping for a Cody Rhodes/Goldust feud like I suggested last month. I like Shua’s idea of Cody berating Goldust for his antics and tarnishing the family name.

Kizza

Man, I mark for Goldust, but I always liked the Black Reign, Schizophrenic type character more.

The Shua

Reaction score
Heh. Could you imagine Cody as Black Reign? :boxed: Although, I guess Cody would have to put on a lot of weight to fill out the suit.

MC Rae

Reaction score
Erm, RAW was pretty good. I'm interested to see how the Shane/Steph thing develops, I'm thinking it could just set up the return of Vince McMahon (the guy has been missed in WWE programming).

Melina's return was welcomed but was ruined before it happened. I hope some WWE emplyee got slapped for that blunder.

Goldust? Meh.

Really enjoyed the triple threat match and the opening tag match, good to see some lengthy, entertaining matches on RAW.

Finally, Cena/Jericho's promo... I actually thought Y2J played his part brilliantly and Cena snapping at the end was fairly good, to me it showed a small tweak in character.

MikeRaw

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?

John Cena attacked an innocent man. Y@J was just speaking his mind, and he was RAVAGED by The John (Who looked like nothing more than a thug) for no reason.

Don't do this to me, WWE. Me and all the other CG soldiers have stood behind Cena all along, and because of some idiots who boo him, you're going to turn him into a bad guy?

Cena didn't turn heel :nonono:
He was sticking up for "you and your CG soldiers", by beating Y2J after he insulted the fans, lol.

And for anyone who asks, yes, I know who this is. But I thought I'd point out the flaws in his comedy.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Raw was wicked this week. Steph and Shane building up slowly for something, My guess would be daddy dearest Vinny Mac coming back to save the company from the squabbling siblings.

HBK,Rey vs Mizorrison another good Tag match from these four, I love seeing them go at it. Interesting the JBL/HBK thing Wonder what thats all about.

Triple threat was awesome real good match best of the show for me, I was hoping for a Y2J win. Good solid match.

Melina return Shame they botched it up. Good to see her back.

DX Promo Man that was sooooo funny, I love it when they pull out really good promos every once in awhile. It was hilarious.

Cena/Y2J great promo and even better finish to the show. Cena snapping was good. I liked that edgy aggresion side to him last night was good hope they go with that. And he got real good reaction from the crowd who mostly seemed behind him, He got a better reaction than he did at survivor series.

All in all real good show, With some interesting things to think about.

Soulpower

Cena didn't turn heel

He never said that! CB clearly said. because of some idiots who boo him, you're going to turn him into a bad guy?

That was a question, not a statement.

CenaMark54

Does anyone else think that the triple threat last night was booked horribly?

Orton had more momentum going into last night then anyone. Why have him take the clean pin? They at least could have progressed the Batista/Orton storyline further. I realize they inserted Orton to increase the tension between the Mcmahons, but was it really worth it.

It would have made more sense to keep Orton out of the match and have him run in to screw Batista. It would also make sense to keep Batista and Orton away from each other until a PPV.

Soulpower

They at least could have progressed the Batista/Orton storyline further.

They did. Orton will probably blame Batista for not winning the match, and they'll face one another at Armaggedon. Yes, its a "big time match-up" but it will help pop the buyrate of what is historically a PPV that doesn't sell a lot.

Airfixx

Christ here they go again pissing away a WM-worthy big match (also see Cena/Batista).

CenaMark54

They at least could have progressed the Batista/Orton storyline further.

They did. Orton will probably blame Batista for not winning the match, and they'll face one another at Armaggedon. Yes, its a "big time match-up" but it will help pop the buyrate of what is historically a PPV that doesn't sell a lot.

They could have added more fuel to the fire. Right now, its just the case of two guys with nothing else to do but fight each other. They would rather be squaring off with Jericho. The real heat is with Jericho and Batista.

This is a match that deserves much more build up. So far, its two guys arguing over who was better in a stable that hasn't been around for almost 4 years. Very reminiscent of the Batista/Cena "my dick is bigger than yours" mini fued.

On the other hand, maybe this is just a slow build. They still have three more weeks for Orton to punt Batista in the head.

D-K-L

Reaction score
IMO, Raw was better than Survivor Series it's self. Amazing Raw!