• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaval: Are We Supposed to be Impressed?

Airfixx

^^^Nothing to stop him 'cashing in' on an episode of SD one Friday...

That said, I assumed they'd fucked off the idea of the world title shot for NXT winners seeing as Barret had to 'earn' his opportunity a few weeks back on Raw.

I can't help it if Kofi Kingston is fast on his way to becoming the WWE's next birdman.

Which is what exactly? ...An agile midcarder?

He'll still wind up in the HOF like Koko did, why are you worried?

Worried? ...WDF? :roll:

As for my other nicknames, it just feels better to type out "The Beandip Midget" than it does Rey Mysterio. Or "Wigger Jorts" instead of John Cena, HBGay intead of Shawn Michaels. Or "Turd in a Singlet" instead of Mark Henry. You get the point.

Yes, I did from the start, although you clearly missed mine... Your posts just seem like a little set up for you to roll out your 'hilarious' nicknames for the talent.

I still have no idea what you're problem with Kaval is... Although I do now 'know' that he "looks like a Chinese-mexican inbred midget doing a trapeze segment for Big Top Pee Wee"... Whatever the fuck that shit is supposed to look like!?!?!?!

CMS

Nah, Barret used his title match at Night of Champions. He challenged Sheamus one on one and then the GM royally screwed him by making it a six pack.

And the original stipulation said title match on PPV, but considering Kaval is jobbing left and right trying to make him sympathetic, a title match on Smackdown wouldnt look too shabby. Besides, Edge vs Kaval sounds like fun (yeah, Im assuming Kane will be losing)

Airfixx

Nah, Barret used his title match at Night of Champions. He challenged Sheamus one on one and then the GM royally screwed him by making it a six pack.

As I recalled it, he had to earn that shot (cue Nexus interference) and then, in turn, got screwed as you described.

Would need to watch back through the episodes to be sure though....

And the original stipulation said title match on PPV, but considering Kaval is jobbing left and right trying to make him sympathetic, a title match on Smackdown wouldnt look too shabby. Besides, Edge vs Kaval sounds like fun (yeah, Im assuming Kane will be losing)

In light of the specific "on PPV" stip, fuck knows.... I whole-heartedly agree Kaval on PPV would be crazy atm, but then again (thinking as I write this) as you said in another thread there's always the 'wild card' RR title matches coming up.

^^^

I still have no idea what you're problem with Kaval is... Although I do now 'know' that he "looks like a Chinese-mexican inbred midget doing a trapeze segment for Big Top Pee Wee"... Whatever the fuck that shit is supposed to look like!?!?!?!

Imagine a greenish/yellow skin tone on an in shape midget who has a face that looks alien. Not Mexican alien, but Roswell UFO crash autopsy alien. Then imagine this weird looking niglet flipping and flying around the ring for no real reason. That's what it's supposed to look like.

Veritas

As I recalled it, he had to earn that shot (cue Nexus interference) and then, in turn, got screwed as you described.

That was the night the GM told Sheamus he could watch all the top contenders in action and choose his next Championship opponent. All the top guys except Barrett had matches that night and in the main event Sheamus choose Zach Ryder and squashed him. Barrett then came out and announced that he was challenging Sheamus using his NXT title shot. Then the GM made the six-pack challenge.

Airfixx

...I remember that for the best part, but thought the original title shot was somehow lost/revoked during the period when Nexus held Raw to ransom in order to get ALL of them contracts. ...Didn't Barret effectively get fired and re-hired?

Wasn't exactly a well told part of the story to be fair which is why I was doubting myself from the off.

CMS

It happened like this:

1) Barret got fired along with Nexus and lost his guaranteed title match

2) Nexus got their contracts back, but the GM announced that none of them would get title shots as a punishment for what they were doing until further notice.

3) Nexus did a truce with Sheamus.

4) GM removed Nexus's ban to get title shots and Barret said the truce with Sheamus was off.

5) On that very same night, Sheamus was supposed to watch matches from top contenders and select his challengers. He defeated Zack and after the match Barret came out and said he was using his title match at Night of Champions. The GM then interrupted and said Sheamus dissapointed him and along with Barret all the other guys were getting a title match.

Kaval is awesome. He can talk. I don't know where people are getting this "he can't talk" business. His monotone fits his character and style. And for people saying he isn't an indy legend, he most certainly is. He's not Joe, Dragon, or Punk legend level, but he's definitely up there with the Chris Daniels, AJ's, Nigels and Briscoes level. Strong Style Thugs, Rottweilers, anyone?

As for his wrestling style, probably the only better young talent they have in the ring is Daniel Bryan. Kaval is better than Punk (can defend that if need be) right now, and if he is given a chance with a legit worker in a legit feud, he will show it. Just give him and Rey 20 minutes and see what happens. Or put him in there with someone like Ziggler and he will make that hack look deserving of the over hype alot of people give him, just like Danielson did. This guy is the goods.

Airfixx

Kaval is awesome. He can talk. I don't know where people are getting this "he can't talk" business. His monotone fits his character and style.

Exactly.... I couldn't fathom all the bad hype surrounding his mic skills when I first heard him on NXT.

Sadly, having read back through this thread it strikes me, as it often does, that (putting it politely) Gates just has his 'issues' with 'Johnny Forgeiner'.

Give Charlie Chan a mask and this is who he'd be:

kwang.jpg

Exactly.... I couldn't fathom all the bad hype surrounding his mic skills when I first heard him on NXT.

Sadly, having read back through this thread it strikes me, as it often does, that (putting it politely) Gates just has his 'issues' with 'Johnny Forgeiner'.

I have no issue with him being a foreigner. It's his wrestling and his lack of charisma

Airfixx

You obviously aren't used to the term 'Johnny Foreigner'....

I'll give you a clue....

All your 'comedic' digs are related to place of origin, culture, race or skin colour..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You obviously aren't used to the term 'Johnny Foreigner'....

I'll give you a clue....

All your 'comedic' digs are related to place of origin, culture, race or skin colour..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No, I'm not used to Johnny Foreigner because I'm not a hilljack Aussie.

Take your "race baiting" elsewhere, Jackson, nobody cares here. Or you can report me to the Internet Police. They can lock me up for being bigoted.