Kaval: Are We Supposed to be Impressed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm watching a wrestler or an extra from Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Dragon Queen.

Tell me, what's to like about him? Was he some Indie legend or something? He can't talk, and his wrestling is stupid. I can't tell if he's rubbing the sweat off of his head or summoning a turd for his next bowel movement.

Also, what's his gimmick? Is he The Hurricane version 2? His entrance music and the Sea World dolphin trainer wetsuit he wears would lead me to believe so.

Axis

Reaction score
He hits hards and sells well. Next.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
He's not an indy LEGEND but he is a former well known indy star who's worked with both TNA and ROH in the past and is very talented. Maybe you're the only one not impressed.

Veritas

Reaction score
He was actually pretty good in TNA IMO (wow, a compliment). Don't get me wrong, Elix Skipper and Chris Daniels carried the brunt of XXX but LowKi was actually a pretty good character there for a good bit of his run. I agree with the OP though, his gimmick just isn't something I can get into. Especially the odd winding up movements. They just take me out of the match.

Axis

Reaction score
Daniels agreed, Elix Skipper never did shit for TNA or XXX.

Did you even watch TNA in 2002-04? I am not even a huge Skipper fan, and I can admit that he played a much bigger role in XXX than did Low Ki. Especially during the part of the feud where Daniels and Storm became tag team champions at one point, which is possibly the best part of the feud, and certainly the most well-known. During that time, Low Ki wasn't even employed by TNA. It was all Skipper and Daniels.

Or are you just repeating what you read somewhere on the internet?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I didn't like Kaval at first but he grew on me. I don't mind him at all and he's quite good in the ring.

Reaction score
The guy has no charisma. I doubt he'll be able to formulate any real character. He'll be "wooden" and forced with his line delivery just like the Beandip Midget.

Airfixx

Reaction score
gatesoftanhauser said:
just like the Beandip Midget

..So potentially a MAJOR success then?

I'd like them to have made Kaval the proverbial strong silent type, who very rarely speaks; in order to aid a sense of mystique, but as with the other new guys (Barret, Bryan and such), I do like the way they've booked him so far... Just a shame that guys like Truth, Morrison, DiBiase and so on weren't introduced and developed this well.... It's like they are the forgotten generation and I think, subject to any major injuries of controversy, this new crop of guys will all leapfrog the aformementioned Truth & co. on the card in no time.

McFly...

Reaction score
Yes we are supposed to be impressed but the WWE is fudging it up. I feel the WWE is like " oh this guy won NXT Season 2, now we have to do something with him, um, I got nothing". He jobbed to fucking Tyler Reks for a spot on the Smackdown team. A spot that Reks didn't deserve and nobody remembers the Superstars mainstay.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Like it was said before, he wasn't an Indy legend, but he can lay claim of being Ring of Honor's very first champion. Kaval/Senshi/Lo-Ki, whatever name you want to call him, is a solid worker. I don't know how well he'll fit into WWE's style of wrestling. Honestly, put him in with Danielson or Sydal, oops, sorry, Evan Bourne, I forgot, Im not supposed to use the ROH name, and Im sure you would like what you see.

He can wrestle and make it look believalbe, which is a site more than I can say for most WWE talent.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Did you even watch TNA in 2002-04? I am not even a huge Skipper fan, and I can admit that he played a much bigger role in XXX than did Low Ki. Especially during the part of the feud where Daniels and Storm became tag team champions at one point, which is possibly the best part of the feud, and certainly the most well-known. During that time, Low Ki wasn't even employed by TNA. It was all Skipper and Daniels.

Or are you just repeating what you read somewhere on the internet?

Everyone has a good feud/storyline now and again. Daniels was the real leader and attraction of XXX though.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Airfixx isn't disputing the fact that Daniels was the leader. He's simply saying that Skipper played a bigger role than Ki did during the last run of XXX.

Axis

Reaction score
Everyone has a good feud/storyline now and again. Daniels was the real leader and attraction of XXX though.

Daniels is irrelevant to a debate between whether Low Ki of Elix Skipper played a bigger role in XXX.