John Cena or Randy Orton?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John Cena or Randy Orton

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Young H.

Reaction score
Randy Orton is much better than John Cena.

CenaMark54

Cena

He can play both heel or face, and is the proven draw.

That pretty much sums it up. I'm not convinced Orton can ever play a babyface. He just doesn't have the acting skills a Rock or Hogan has to effectively play a role that is too far outside his comfort zone. Plus Cena puts on better matches on a much more consistent basis.

Although, right now, I think Orton has a much more interesting character, which is why I voted for him. Orton current gimmick is pretty badass.

PeepShow

That pretty much sums it up. I'm not convinced Orton can ever play a babyface. He just doesn't have the acting skills a Rock or Hogan has to effectively play a role that is too far outside his comfort zone. Plus Cena puts on better matches on a much more consistent basis.

Although, right now, I think Orton has a much more interesting character, which is why I voted for him. Orton current gimmick is pretty badass.

It is to some extent, but he looks like a humongous pussy by acting remorseful after RKO Steph and punting Vince in the head. If he's as psychotic as he claims, he shouldn't act like that. Still love his character as a whole though.

Reaction score
Anyone who coems in here and says "Cena sucks" is just stupid. People should have reasons for why they like someone better.

Quoted for fluggin truth. The latter part of that statement should be the Golden Rule for all IWCs. It's fine to have an opinion, but at least look somewhat credible and defend it instead of lookin like a douche and tellin people they're wrong.

Anyone remember and love Orton's RNN news sketches from his first injury in 02? Those were fuckin awesome. It would be bad ass if they turned him face via the news sketches.

LKP

Plus Cena puts on better matches on a much more consistent basis.

What? Are you kidding me? I know John Cena and Randy Orton have their own move sets but are you serious? Id like you to explain this please then i will say my piece on the matter.

LKP

The Playboy Playmate who played Samantha Orton on RAW two weeks ago, Laura Croft, is actually well known by several of the WWE talents when they are working in the Northern Florida area. An interesting note on the whole Randy Orton thing is that a few months back they did the angle with Orton blowing Kelly Kelly off after a one-night stand and they portrayed him as a happily married man on RAW in the skit with his wife.

Well wwe always try to make us forget don't they? Mind you i think the miz or Morrison should have been Kelly kellys fling. Orton should not have been the guy who slept with Kelly it accomplished nothing.

noumenon

Orton.

Both or huge, there's no doubt about that. To me though, Orton simply embodies everything that a great wrestler should. He's near flawless in the ring, and makes everything he executes look devestating and viscious. It really adds so much to the character he is portraying. Cena really hasn't improved a hell of a lot in the ring over the years and honestly still applies the STF like two little kids playing in the yard not wanting to hurt each other. Cena's mic skills are all hype..whether he is face or heel. When he was a heel he'd simply come out, rap and throw a bag of nuts in someone's face.
When he's a face he comes out, cracks a few jokes screams a lot and spits a corny line about respect and how he's gonna get'cha.
Orton plays up how cold and calculating he is on the mic. He speaks slowly, and coldly with precision, once again playing towards his character. To say Orton isn't a big of a draw as Cena is just ridiculous. Here's a guy who is supposed to be the top heel in the company right now and STILL has his name chanted on a nightly basis. As much as I hate to compare people I really see the possibility of one day Orton's character growing to such monsterous proportions that it's going to be impossible to have the fans hate him and he could very well end up as the next Austin. (in massive tweener sense only I mean).
When I look at Orton right now It's hard for me to imagine him getting much better than he already is, where as when I look at Cena I still see so much room for improvement, both in his in ring skills and character development.

And for those who think that Cena's heel turn will be momumental...I really don't see it. I can't forsee another epic Hogan-esque heel turn. I think all we'll see is a few heartbroken kids and the IWC with something new to bitch about with how is turn was executed.

Now just a thought...an interesting thread... ORTON or EDGE?

MJ807

Reaction score
For me it's 50/50 Randy Orton has everything that John Cena doesn't not and John Cena has everything that Orton doesn't. Cena is able to get any crowd to go crazy and he has the mic skills to be able to be a face or a heel. While Orton on the other hand failed miserably during his run as a face. But Orton has the wrestling skill to make up for it Orton is a pure athlete and Cena is lacking in the wrestling skill department. I ultimately voted for Orton because wrestling skill is more important than mic skills in this business.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
Orton and Cena are both good no doubt and still have alot ahead of them in the WWE. Both still with big futures. I have built this hate on John Cena when he has the championship cause I feel everytime I turn around he has, some might disagree with me but is to the point I see him with it and go ugh again, hearing the same ol' "The Champ Is Here!!" Annoying as hell to me, when Cena doesn't have the championship I have a likeness for him, as for as everything else, hes good at, but I liked him more as a heel. Orton is amazing to me, always been a fan of Stone Cold Steve Austin, hes no doubt my all time favorite and Orton has really sparked a interest in me, I gotta say Orton, I get siked when his music hits, when hes in the ring, I just get the feeling like I did with Austin, for me I gotta say Randy Orton.

LKP

Orton.

Both or huge, there's no doubt about that. To me though, Orton simply embodies everything that a great wrestler should. He's near flawless in the ring, and makes everything he executes look devestating and viscious. It really adds so much to the character he is portraying. Cena really hasn't improved a hell of a lot in the ring over the years and honestly still applies the STF like two little kids playing in the yard not wanting to hurt each other. Cena's mic skills are all hype..whether he is face or heel. When he was a heel he'd simply come out, rap and throw a bag of nuts in someone's face.
When he's a face he comes out, cracks a few jokes screams a lot and spits a corny line about respect and how he's gonna get'cha.
Orton plays up how cold and calculating he is on the mic. He speaks slowly, and coldly with precision, once again playing towards his character. To say Orton isn't a big of a draw as Cena is just ridiculous. Here's a guy who is supposed to be the top heel in the company right now and STILL has his name chanted on a nightly basis. As much as I hate to compare people I really see the possibility of one day Orton's character growing to such monsterous proportions that it's going to be impossible to have the fans hate him and he could very well end up as the next Austin. (in massive tweener sense only I mean).
When I look at Orton right now It's hard for me to imagine him getting much better than he already is, where as when I look at Cena I still see so much room for improvement, both in his in ring skills and character development.

And for those who think that Cena's heel turn will be momumental...I really don't see it. I can't forsee another epic Hogan-esque heel turn. I think all we'll see is a few heartbroken kids and the IWC with something new to bitch about with how is turn was executed.

Awesome post man. Eventually a guy who knows what he is talking about and its about Orton. I agree 100% of what you said. Only if people read your post and understand why Orton is better than cena in every way.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
Orton.

Skipped right over yours but like LegendKiller said... just amazing post man you put shit in perspective right there. The next Austin thing... I can see that completely.

Moonlight Drive

Cena is a way bigger draw than Orton, that's an undeniable fact.

Also, lmfao @ Orton being 'nearly flawless' in the ring. There's a hell of a lot he has to work on to be at Cena's level.

Airfixx

Anyone else noticed that Orton emphasises the 2nd word/syllable of double barrel names, phrases and such in his promo's... Only noticed on this week's Raw as he did it a few times in quick succession.

i.e. Wrestle-M-A-A-A-N-I-A

Triple-HHHHH-A-Y-T-C-H

(Can't recall exact examples form the promo unfortunatley.)

Sounds kinda odd.

re: Cena or Orton...

I think unless WWE manage to overcome the damage they did to Cena's fanbase during his 05-07 SUPER-reign and find a way to re-unite the crowd reactions, then Orton will eventually become the bigger star (I too subscribe to the idea that Orton can become THE MAIN MAN in the Austin-like tweener role, but credit due to CenaMark54... He's been saying Orton's future is as a tweener ever since I joined IWF. :y:)