John Cena or Randy Orton?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John Cena or Randy Orton

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xtremebadass

Since I just got finished watching WrestleMania 21 on DVD, it's part of my WrestleMania Season activities, watch every WrestleMania on DVD that I have seen since I started watching WWE. (X-8 to XXIV) So I saw both Cena and Orton get established as the future then I look to today and see them both on top in huge main event storylines separately. I want to know where the forum stands when it comes to the question John Cena or Randy Orton.

Who's side are you on?

Moonlight Drive

As much as I love Orton, Cena is far better than he will ever be.

seX-Power

John Cena.

I think in terms of ring skills, Orton is slightly (very slightly) better but in mic skills Cena is better and seems more natural. They both have a lot of charisma (Cena has more tbh) and get great reactions. However, I think Randy Orton is terribly overrated by many people so that is why I vote Cena. Also, I hate him. Die plz Orton.

Reaction score
Cena by a universe. Orton, and perhaps everyone on the WWE roster (sans Rey) can't draw shit compared to Cena, plus he's had wayyy better matches with a plethora of opponents (Lashley, Umaga, HBK, JBL, Batista,) and Randy only seems to have good matches with guys who are great (Foley, HHH, HBK) and had the worst match that Shane McMahon was ever part of. Cena's been the best heel in the company at one time and has been the best face (merch. and reaction) since then, Orton has never been either.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I pick Orton, I think there even in terms of almost everything except mic skills. And Orton right now has shown he can be as big if not bigger than Cena so its Orton

JimmyD

Reaction score
I'm not a massive Cena fan. I think his work rate is tremendous and the reaction he gets is very good, but in terms of in-ring ability Orton is far better. Cena's mic skills aren't as good as people seem to think either, he always comes across as if he's trying far too hard. Maybe I was spoiled by people like The Rock and Austin, but I just don't rate Cena in that regard.

Overall I'd say Orton is far more important to the company's future than Cena can ever hope to be.

MikeRaw

Orton. By far. I feel he has more dynamics, and makes for a better, and more intense, promo.
Anyone who coems in here and says "Cena sucks" is just stupid. People should have reasons for why they like someone better. I can acknowledg eCena is good at what he does, but in terms of who I like better, it's about personal preference, and I am far more in to heels, and find them more compelling.
Orton for me.

xtremebadass

I am going John Cena. I have been following Orton and Cena since their debuts, I was a huge Orton fan, but then 2006-2007 hit and he just floated around while Cena kept his momentum going and going without stopping and surpassed Orton. Cena had a great run on SD and came to Raw and just became better. His hardcore 2003-2005 SD days were the best.

OWeapon

Reaction score
Leading up to the Royal Rumble and all that, I would've said Orton. He was the top heel of the company at that time by far. But, with this condition or whatever and the quick show of remorse he has before going back into psycho-heel mode after smacking around a McMahon, I just can't buy him as anything at the moment.

Cena, however, has kept his momentum going as the top face and it's still climbing, with or without a title belt around his waist. So, my final choice is Cena.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm going with Cena. I've been an Orton fan since his Evolution days/ I was one of the one's that was mad when he was floating around and couldn't beat guys like Carlito, Super Crazy, Masters, etc. and was saying he needs to be main eventing real soon. But just like Cena more. Been a fan of his since he finally got a gimmic and wasn't generic anymore, still a fan of his today, was still a fan when it was cool to gate Cena and the Cena Sucks days. I'm still waiting for the day he goes heel, and waiting even more if he goes back to his Basic Thuganomics.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'd say Orton.

To me, Orton never quite sold his face-persona to the crowds. I mean, he's only just started getting the pop from the entire crowd again. The boos started to disappear right around the time that people saw him taking on Chris Jericho, and now he's facing another top heel in Edge, who the majority of the crowd can't stand. He's being pushed into a face-spot again, against guys who are natural heels and will probably never be faces again.

Now, before you get me wrong; Cena's work ethic, devotion to the business, and dedication to his craft are top notch. He'll go out and perform no matter what people think of him.

His ringwork isn't that great, but it's not as bad as some of the top guys right now.

On the otherhand, Orton I think, has incredible ringwork. He's slow and calculating, so you can say it does get boring at times; but even Bret Hart was a bit slow in his calculating attacks at times. I think Randy's got the potential if he does go back to being a face, to do even more in the ring. High-flying, suicide dives, etc. is mic-work isn't golden, but he can sell something for a promo like it's nobody's business. And I believe he's ranked just behind Cena in merchandise, for a heel.

I think Orton is more important to the future of the WWE, based solely on his relation to Ric Flair and Hunter. I believe he's guaranteed a spot at the top for years to come.

It's a tough one to decide, but personally, I'd say Orton's a bit more important to the WWE.

CenaMark54

Right now its Randy Orton.

Long term its John Cena, simply because he is more versatile. Wait until he turns heel. It will be a sight to behold.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I don't think Cena will be turning heel any time soon 54. The WWE doesn't exactly have a dirth of main-event quality faces to take his place.

Soulpower

John Cena, easily.

Let's just say this.. There's a reason why Cena, not Orton is considered to be the current face of WWE.