JEFF HARDY SIGNED WITH TNA ...BROTHER!!! 01/05/09

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
There are only a handful true draws in the history of this business. Austin, Hogan, The Rock, and Andre. Everyone else needs either a good storyline or feud to put asses in the seats and make people care. Hardy is not one of them. You probably said the same thing when Angle went TNA.
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the mark homeboy. If you think those are the only draws, brother, you are lacking in knowledge. Territories were built off of dudes who can draw. Dudes like Flair, Race,Lawler, Jackie Fargo, and probably one of the biggest draws ever, Bruiser Brody (he made more money than Andre) all drew millions and millions of dollars for their promoters. And that's the tip of the ice berg. Thesz, the Funks, Dusty, The Briscoes, The Sheik, Bruno, on and on, all day.
And if you think people need good angles to help put people in seats, then that means everyone you listed, Austin wouldn't have drawn jack if not for Vince making him, same with Hogan being the first Superman, and same with the Rock, they took the "die, Rocky, die chants and turned him loose. No one is ever just stuck out there and they automatically draw. It doesn't work that way, never has and never will. Your argument is moot.

MizMasta3000

Shannon Moore has been screwed over by both companies tbh. His punk gimmick was aweome but they rarely even let him wrestle.

MizMasta3000

There are only a handful true draws in the history of this business. Austin, Hogan, The Rock, and Andre. Everyone else needs either a good storyline or feud to put asses in the seats and make people care. Hardy is not one of them. You probably said the same thing when Angle went TNA.

As Monkeystyle said, Taker, HHH, and HBK would be huge because they are seen as WWE lifers. Hardy going to TNA would hardly hold any shock value.

You forgot about John Cena

Great One

As Monkeystyle said, Taker, HHH, and HBK would be huge because they are seen as WWE lifers. Hardy going to TNA would hardly hold any shock value.
Not really talking shock value, I mean fan wise. If Hardy sold more shit and was the most popular why wouldn't he DRAW the most fans? If all those teenager's hero went to TNA and the word got out, don't you think they'd all tune in?

CenaMark54

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the mark homeboy. If you think those are the only draws, brother, you are lacking in knowledge. Territories were built off of dudes who can draw. Dudes like Flair, Race,Lawler, Jackie Fargo, and probably one of the biggest draws ever, Bruiser Brody (he made more money than Andre) all drew millions and millions of dollars for their promoters. And that's the tip of the ice berg. Thesz, the Funks, Dusty, The Briscoes, The Sheik, Bruno, on and on, all day.
And if you think people need good angles to help put people in seats, then that means everyone you listed, Austin wouldn't have drawn jack if not for Vince making him, same with Hogan being the first Superman, and same with the Rock, they took the "die, Rocky, die chants and turned him loose. No one is ever just stuck out there and they automatically draw. It doesn't work that way, never has and never will. Your argument is moot.

During the height of their careers, Hogan Andre, and Austin could have sold out arena's just by showing up. Sure Flair is debatable, and maybe a few others, but the main point I was trying to make is that Hardy himself is not a draw.

And, obviously, no one is a draw right off the bat. Don't put words in my mouth. But during their headlining years, the guys I mentioned could draw worldwide no matter what the circumstance. Austin vs some jobber could be the main event and it would sell out any arena .

And the days of the territories are over. You can't compare apples and oranges. Its like saying Eddie Shore is the greatest hockey player ever, when he wouldn't even be able to make an NHL team nowadays.

Reaction score
^^^ Ya know when Andre headlined Shea one time it drew 1,300, the next month Bruno headlined and it sold out with 45,000+, and that was Andre's prime. He wasn't as big as a draw as you think and never outdrew Bruno or Bruiser, or Flair or any of the top Memphis draws. Bruno sold out MSG over 40 straight times, Andre can't claim anything near that. He's horribly over rated as a draw. Your misinformed. If you think Andre was this great draw and Flair is debatable your misinformed. Flair carried an entire national syndicate on his back for years. I don't see what's debatable about that.

When you list Austin and Rock then Andre my pointing to the territory days is more than valid. Andre was a territory worker in his prime. He never drew huge houses in his late WWF days, besides WM 3, but that was at the peak of Hulkamania, Hogan would have sold out the Silverdome with any decent top heel. A territory was never built around Andre, WWF was built on Bruno and it's not even close, there's a reason the guy held the strap for like 6 straight years and Andre NEVER held it legit.

I also didn't put words in your mouth about not drawing right off the bat. I was alluding to the fact that you said "guys need angles and storylines to draw", well guess what, EVERYONE needs a good storyline or angle to draw. Austin was saddled with the best storyline EVER to get him to the point he was at. Hogan was booked invincible to draw fans, and Cena is mooching the same booking. The way you worded it, you were insisting that Austin, Rocky, and Andre could be stuck anywhere and they'd draw. How do you think they got that recognizable??? Through awesome booking and great storylines. Without that, they'd have been nothing. No one could achieve great success without it. I don't see how you think I put words in your mouth.

And yes, you can compare draws of yesterday to today. That's how one's success was measured and still is. If you drew/draw you were rewarded. Guys like Bruno, Race, Flair etc all had better success that's why their careers are marred with longgggg and numerous title reigns, because back then, having the strap meant you were drawing the dough. Today guys like Cena, HHH, and Taker dominate the title scene because they are draws, not anywhere near Hogan/Austin/Rock/Bruno levels but they draw. Today the true draw is the name WWE, not a single worker, but a good measure of how much someone draws is by the level of merchandise they sell, and guess what?? Jeff Hardy sold a shitload of it, Cena-Rey levels of it. He's a draw. That's not very debatable either.

xtremebadass

UPDATE: Jeff signs with TNA

According to PWTorch.com it is now confirmed that Jeff Hardy has signed a deal to work a regular TNA schedule. Hardy told TNA co-workers that the organization's schedule fits his lifestyle better than WWE's grueling full-time schedule.

Also, following last night's Impact, Homicide said on the "Right After Wrestling" radio program he expects to feud with Hardy, saying:

"Anything could change and I could do something else or Jeff could do something else at the TV tapings on Tuesday, and I think it would be a great match-up of Jeff Hardy vs. Homicide. I'm really hoping it will happen."

MizMasta3000

I hope Moore and Hardy do their own thing so Moore doesnt look like Hardy's caddy

xtremebadass

I am just glad I get to see TNA Hardy again. He was fucking nuts. Plus his theme kicks ass.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Good signing for TNA. If TNA went up against Raw weekly. Hardy would take a lot of viewers to TNA. He has a huge following. Have read and heard bout TNA last night and it sounds like it was win win for TNA Bit light on the wrestling side. Vince has got to be a little bit worried. I dont watch TNA so I'm not really familiar with what they do. But i gather they are little edgier not as kid friendly than wwe and more wrestling based. Fans would win big time if they could go head to head every week. Two shows to pick from with them both wanting viewers. That way we get Fresh new stuff. Does anyone thing that this could actually happen TNA/RAW head to head every week ???

Great One

gg WWE. Hype the FUCK out of Hardy by all means, broadcast over any WWE events that they possibly can. People underestimate how over Hardy truly was and I still stick with my view that Hardy could outdraw any other WWE name besides maybe Cena. All they need to do is learn to fucking advertise and get his name out there.

Great One

What about them? Triple H and HBK only get that reaction that he gets and sell the merchandise he sells when they're DX.