• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JEFF HARDY SIGNED WITH TNA ...BROTHER!!! 01/05/09

The Rated R CMStar

Like I said, TNA signing Hardy in the first place is already dumb with his drug charges, so since apparently they dont care, they might as well use the guy right.

Jeff Hardy will be a main event player. But if he was to be booked right along with other X-Division figures, they could revive the X-Division.

But i for one would love to see Hardy vs. Styles vs. Daniels vs. Angle Ultimate X for the World Title, i think those four can make it nothing short but awesome.

Go ahead agree or disagree, this is my opinion.

This Guy

And I'm pretty sure if he if he was inserted into the World title picture you'd complain about how dumb of a move it was for them considering he still has the drug charges on him. This was actually a smart move for them. They know who they have. They know how big he is. They also know he has charges on him that could get him locked up. So why put him in the big picture if they don't know if he'll be in there for the long run?

The storyline they have right now is good. Him and Moore got the envolope which we don't know what's inside. Could just be a pay check. Could be contract. Notice Hardy said "maybe" which means he may sign the contract or he may not.

Your probably right, but not just because of the drug charges, but because of the fact that they have a wonderful habit of putting every star they sign from the WWE in the main event, making the TNA home grown talent look 2nd rate. But that aside now its being said that Hardy may not have actually signed and that it may have only been an appearence deal, as Jeff was not at the Tapings tonight.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Christian and Kurt Angle.. who else? And those 2 should have been. Christian was great when he went over. He had great matches with just about everyone. His promos were top notch. And Kurt. Why wouldn't they push him to the top. They just got Kurt freaking Angle.

This Guy

^^The problem with it is that in wrestling there is the belief that you are suposed to work your way up the rankings in the company to #1 contender. Not just become the #1 contender because your a former champion somewhere else. Think about it this way. Lets say Kurt Angle was the greatest wrestler in the WWE. He's the best of the best in the WWE. Now he goes to TNA. He's never fought any of these guys, why is he automatically considered better then any of them? Just because your the Homerun leader in the National League doesn't mean you are in the American League....you might not even be in the top 10. If we are suposed to suspend our belief that Wrestling is real then it should be treated as such. Therefore guys like Angle, Sting, Stiener, Booker, Nash, Christian, etc should have started at the bottom when they joined, yet none of them did.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
You can suspend belief with these scenarios and it still make since. Like sports, when you have a high profile athlete, you don't pay them alot of money and then bench them. You put them out their on the for-front. If you owned a business (lets says computer) would you hire someone who has 10 yrs experience and have them start from the bottom taking out the trash, or put in them in a position that makes your business better? When your building a house, do you hire someone that has 10 yrs experience/that can get the job done and start them by having them go and fetch the bricks, or do you have them actually do what they're good at and build the damn house?

It would have been ludicrous to hire someone like Kurt or Christian (at the point where he was at the time) and have them start from the bottom. These two left WWE and were/are big names, the momentum they had going into it would have been killed had they started from the bottom. This is just another case of actually looking for flaws in TNA.

MizMasta3000

^^The problem with it is that in wrestling there is the belief that you are suposed to work your way up the rankings in the company to #1 contender. Not just become the #1 contender because your a former champion somewhere else. Think about it this way. Lets say Kurt Angle was the greatest wrestler in the WWE. He's the best of the best in the WWE. Now he goes to TNA. He's never fought any of these guys, why is he automatically considered better then any of them? Just because your the Homerun leader in the National League doesn't mean you are in the American League....you might not even be in the top 10. If we are suposed to suspend our belief that Wrestling is real then it should be treated as such. Therefore guys like Angle, Sting, Stiener, Booker, Nash, Christian, etc should have started at the bottom when they joined, yet none of them did.

I see what you're saying but TNA fans knew who these guys were and having a former WWE main eventer go to TNA and do show openers will have fans saying WTF? Now vice versa it makes sense because most of WWE's fan base don't know shit about TNA so AJ would be like any other new guy.

Wordlife

^I'd love to see that match again too! :)

Sadly... which isn't a bad thing.... Homicide will get first dibs on Jeff Hardy. Homicide and Hardy can put on a damn good match though. Would you see him winning the X-Div title first?

This Guy

You can suspend belief with these scenarios and it still make since. Like sports, when you have a high profile athlete, you don't pay them alot of money and then bench them. You put them out their on the for-front. If you owned a business (lets says computer) would you hire someone who has 10 yrs experience and have them start from the bottom taking out the trash, or put in them in a position that makes your business better? When your building a house, do you hire someone that has 10 yrs experience/that can get the job done and start them by having them go and fetch the bricks, or do you have them actually do what they're good at and build the damn house?

It would have been ludicrous to hire someone like Kurt or Christian (at the point where he was at the time) and have them start from the bottom. These two left WWE and were/are big names, the momentum they had going into it would have been killed had they started from the bottom. This is just another case of actually looking for flaws in TNA.

I look for flaws in every wrestling show. But TNA just makes so many of them. However, your experience in the work place is a good example, so I get what your saying, and I understand what your saying about benching a player as well. I'm not saying they should start at the bottom though. I just don't think they should be getting title shots in there first match.

I want Styles vs. Hardy this time around without Kid Kash and Lance Hoyt running in. That was one hell of a match.

Kid Kash will probabbly be in jail soon and Hoyt is in the WWE now.

Airfixx

I just don't think they should be getting title shots in there first match.

It pisses me off infinitely more when feds bring guys back from injury, kayfaybe or otherwise, and throw them straight into a title match. (See Rey, Taker & Cena in the last 12 months.).

In an ideal world, I'd also like to see guys visibly drop down the card somewhat following an unsuccessful title challenge rather than see them 1 win away from another contenders spot. (Guys could give the mid-carders a bit of a rub on the way back up... I'm not saying have Santino vs Cena on PPV, but doing, for example, vs Masters, Carlito and Swagger on TV for the month prior to his first PPV return match would be entirely plausible kayfaybe-wise.)

This Guy

^^I agree. I mean I know the WWE will always work around that with the Royal Rumble, (ie Triple H, Shawn Michaels & John Cena) but yeah I find it funny that guys get a title match lose like 2 title matches and then is in a #1 contenders match for the next ppv.