Jay Briscoe's Homophobic Remark

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Because I didn't discrimate. The part where I said about someone losing their rights once they infringe on someone elses seems to cover how I feel. How do you know why ROH made the statement? I can't see any respectable company in this day and age being happy with one of their employees making those kind of remarks.

And deezy gay people do not go looking for causes narrow minded fools like Briscoe give them them.

But isn't you speaking out against his opinion in fact infringing on his right?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Everyone saying that this is not a big deal are missing the point big time.

You're basically all saying "He only threatened physical harm on people who want to teach his kids about equal rights, what's wrong with that?". There's a lot wrong with that, especially when he makes such a statement on the internet in front of thousands of people. His first tweet was him expressing his opinion, his second tweet was an aggressive hate speech, and there is simply no other way of explaining that tweet as otherwise.

People have every right to get angry about this tweet. I don't get why people are saying that apart from him saying that he'd shoot someone he, didn't say anything else wrong, because that's exactly what we're getting angry at! People are choosing to ignore the main reason there's an outrage over what he said, and going on about how it's just his opinion. It's such a weak argument.

I said that that was an issue, but I have yet to see a post that is upset about the threat of physical harm.

Maybe you should re-read the thread, because most everyone is making a bigger deal about the homophobic remark(like Keith for example), while seemingly ignoring the threat. This was the point I attempted to get across in my original post, before it was taken as a direct attack towards a specific member.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
So what exactly are you mad about? Are you mad that he doesn't believe in gay marriage?

No, I'm mad that he feels people who believe in gay marriage should be shot.

If he just left it at that first tweet then I wouldn't have cared that much. My opinion on him would have changed, but I wouldn't exactly get mad.

I said that that was an issue, but I have yet to see a post that is upset about the threat of physical harm.

Maybe you should re-read the thread, because most everyone is making a bigger deal about the homophobic remark(like Keith for example), while seemingly ignoring the threat. This was the point I attempted to get across in my original post, before it was taken as a direct attack towards a specific member.

The argument has only shifted because people are making out that apart from the threat there's no big deal. That's what the uproar is about though, the death threat. The discriminative homophobic remark lies exactly on his second tweet, and that's what people are getting mad about.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
No, I'm mad that he feels people who believe in gay marriage should be shot.

If he just left it at that first tweet then I wouldn't have cared that much. My opinion on him would have changed, but I wouldn't exactly get mad.

The argument has only shifted because people are making out that apart from the threat there's no big deal. That's what the uproar is about though, the death threat. The discriminative homophobic remark lies exactly on his second tweet, and that's what people are getting mad about.

He never said that at all. He said he doesn't care if people believe in gay marriage, he just doesn't want that shit in his household.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Homophobia? Fuck off. He just said he disagrees with dudes marrying eachother. Hardly something that deserves four pages. People need to get over themselves, you'll never get equality unless people stop getting offended by everything.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Homophobia? Fuck off. He just said he disagrees with dudes marrying eachother. Hardly something that deserves four pages. People need to get over themselves, you'll never get equality unless people stop getting offended by everything.

Well if it doesn't bother you then that's great. People have every right to get offended by that, just like you do by passing it off.

And yeah, it's people getting offended by homophobic remarks that is holding back inequality. You're a smart one.

He never said that at all. He said he doesn't care if people believe in gay marriage, he just doesn't want that shit in his household.

Yeah, but that's not something you say on a website like Twitter though. If he believes that, fine, leave it at home, but that's not something you say on a public forum. I honestly do see where you're coming from, but it's still a remark that was always going to spark a reaction from people.

I'm sure their were a lot gay wrestling fans who read that and get offended. Whether they were openly gay or struggling to come with their sexuality. Either way, it's a homophobic insult that I'm sure bothered a lot of people.

I know a lot of people will be quick to say that people should stop being so touchy and move on but that really shouldn't be the case. It's the remark that should be condoned, not people's reaction to it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Perhaps that's why he said it, to get that heat he wanted. He's a heel isn't he? This would be one of the best ways(tasteless mind you) to get that heat. Plus this type of shit is something I've come to expect from the man.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I honestly think hes a face, because right now its either ROH, or SCUM.

Deezy actually is right about equality. I highly doubt everyone who is attacking Jay on this forum is gay(actually, I would wager Legion is straight), and those are the people who have every right to be upset about his statements, but the straight people getting offended and making such a big deal about something I would figure less than 1% of earths population would normally read without it getting so much attention is the issue. Some statements should just be ignored, and then those peoples words wouldn't have the same weight, just like a "troll" on the netz.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
But isn't you speaking out against his opinion in fact infringing on his right?
Actually, no it's not. The fact someone disagrees with his stance on the matter doesn't encroach on his right to continue spouting his bigoted opinions. I didn't see anyone type that either, so I'm not even sure where you're getting it from. [MENTION=2582]Ozymandias[/MENTION] actually said the exact opposite.

And I swear some of you just don't get the point and it's pretty embarrassing to read. This has nothing to do with his opinion. The fact of the matter is that the majority of major cities in the US are blue cities now (don't believe me? look at the election returns) and the vast majority of the citizens in those cities currently support gay marriage. And don't even get me started on Canada because the whole country has always been liberal as fuck. And since Jay's company only does live events in and caters specifically to those same cities, it's stupid as hell for him to publicly trash an issue that's a serious subject for a lot of his company's audience. I'm not saying all ROH fans are just going to stop watching just because he said that, but they will be aware of it and it could definitely damage his reputation. Not to mention make other companies like TNA and WWE reluctant to touch him. No one wants that bad PR on their hands, professional wrestling has a bad enough reputation as it is. And Jay should know that. It was stupid beyond fucking belief on his part.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Perhaps that's why he said it, to get that heat he wanted. He's a heel isn't he? This would be one of the best ways(tasteless mind you) to get that heat. Plus this type of shit is something I've come to expect from the man.

He's actually a face.

He made another homophobic remark two years ago during the Gay Pride Parade in NYC, when he said "Damn theres a lot of fags out in New York today #WhatTheFuck". Many people passed if off though because a few of his previous tweets were in character, and he was a pretty big heel at the time.

I guess you can take what you want from it. During his apology speech two days ago he said that because he's playing a character he maybe took things too far, but considering he's a face it seems like a pretty weak excuse.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Yes like someone else said please explain how that even makes sense? Its a backwards argument because surely if people just innogue these remarks it actually make things worse because the homophobic people would think that its alright to talk like that. If he was just doing it for heat (which I doubt) then that makes him even more sad.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I honestly think hes a face, because right now its either ROH, or SCUM.

Deezy actually is right about equality. I highly doubt everyone who is attacking Jay on this forum is gay(actually, I would wager Legion is straight), and those are the people who have every right to be upset about his statements, but the straight people getting offended and making such a big deal about something I would figure less than 1% of earths population would normally read without it getting so much attention is the issue. Some statements should just be ignored, and then those peoples words wouldn't have the same weight, just like a "troll" on the netz.

So tell me why do you have to be gay to be affended by Homophibia? Shouldn't we all want be against this sort of thing?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So tell me why do you have to be gay to be affended by Homophibia? Shouldn't we all want be against this sort of thing?

I believe he's just stating that it's kind of funny that a bunch of straight people are offended by it when the gay community has practically ignored it.

Also shouldn't there be some sort of joke about a man wrestling in his underwear in baby oil making such remarks? Where is Rico when we need him?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I believe he's just stating that it's kind of funny that a bunch of straight people are offended by it when the gay community has practically ignored it.

Also shouldn't there be some sort of joke about a man wrestling in his underwear in baby oil making such remarks? Where is Rico when we need him?

How do you know they ignored it? Who says that half of them even saw it? Unless you are a wrestling fan why would you?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
How do you know they ignored it? Who says that half of them even saw it? Unless you are a wrestling fan why would you?

First off most gay advocacy groups watch for this type of thing so that they can point it out. I know they ignored it because there is not a single main stream media outlet that's picked this up. They would because it would give them a change to point out bigotry because every other state in the nation is currently passing gay rights laws and pointing out idiots like Briscoe helps the cause. They've apparently deemed his twitter comments irrelevant.